London (change)
Today 23°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 14°C
02/11/2012 at 21:42

Oh poor Glyn-another long day and work tomorrow?

Have Sunday off-I command thee

Bjay-what is the cheese thing?

03/11/2012 at 00:04
I intend to, Geoff, I think I'll sleep till 3!
03/11/2012 at 06:29

Very quiet here last night, fireworkwise. I guess most people are waiting till tonight. There's also a big organised display not far away at Kenilworth Castle tonight. This is the first year for some time that Guy Fawkes' night has had a dry weather forecast.

Useful timely tips about collecting leaf mould on GW last night, which we hear every year. This year Monty decided not to use his mower to collect and chop the leaves. I wonder why. It would seem a far easier way of collecting them, especially as he has such a large area to cover/rake.

I saw those tree dahlias at GW Live at the NEC several years ago. Tempted, but I didn't buy. I don't think they'll catch on the way tree lilies have.

I hadn't seen the trick of covering dahlia tubers with vermiculite (it's not cheap). Note that he's storing his in a greenhouse with heat (expensive).

But otherwise thought the program was very unremarkable. I almost dropped off. Not sure why they bother making new programs each November.

Also watched Derren Brown's Apocalypse. Quite liked the ending, as the victim woke up in his own bed, convinced he'd had an awful nightmare.

03/11/2012 at 08:06

Morning Forkers, Daughter and all grandchildren turned up last night and an enjoyable evening was had by all. Even the oldest one turned up. They were fed and watered and daughter seems more relaxed now. Daniel insisted on watching Marley and Me - I avoided it and kept away from T V in case I made a total idiot of myself ! Very sad film, Making the most of them before they move.

Just looking around - some serious housework needs to be done but they are worth it  Will also have to visit shops again - nearly all the cake has gone.

We had mad hailstorms yesterday but it looks calmer today. Won't be going outside though. I would need a canoe and snorkel

Have a good day all

03/11/2012 at 09:06

I had a busy day yesterday, went shopping to get some new work clothes then while we were out we thought we would have a bite to eat then we went to see James Bond, very good but I never saw the end coming, even with the smiler alerts.

Geoff are you really going? it is not easy living overseas but such fun.

Jo glad it is all sorted.

I also have a cupboard of gizmos

03/11/2012 at 09:10

I have some relatives who moved to Spain. But after about 3 years they moved back. Mainly because they missed contact with their children and grandchildren. But I would think that, today, regular contact using Skype should reduce that problem.

A story in today's Daily Mail (which was flagged up on Sky News)...

It's about a lady who has a wildlife garden, but her neighbours think it's a mess, and so the local council took her to court...

"She calls herself a 'plantaholic' and admits her garden is 'a little higgledy-piggledy'. Nevertheless, Rita Grootendorst's plot is her pride and joy... Officials at Mrs Grootendorst's local council, however, took a different view – and branded it an almighty mess. Unfortunately for South-East London's Bexley Council, the judge in the case took nature's side – meaning the couple can keep their garden's unique appearance"

This is the story as it appears in the Mail:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227078/Gold-award-garden-council-said-overgrown-mess.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I agree with the judgement.

03/11/2012 at 09:50

Just read that article. Makes you wonderwhen a wild life haven becomes an eyesore though. Not a health risk I notice.

Sorry - Morning all

sotongeoff wrote (see)

Oh poor Glyn-another long day and work tomorrow?

Have Sunday off-I command thee

sotongeoff wrote (see)

sotongeoff wrote (see)

on Programme about british food last night talking about how many British native cheeses you can name and making your own.

We named about 15, kept thinkingof varieties all evening.

No news on wedding front yet but there is a sort of spotlight by side passage into garden

I haven't done this quote thing before - Got the hang of it now after I messed up message

03/11/2012 at 09:54

Hello again - about GW. I felt that the last few episodes have been a bit light weight. Was MD clearing leaves by hand to demonstrate  how  those with less land can clear them. Sorry can't comment on rest - went to sleep. Will catch up on iplayer

03/11/2012 at 10:25

Personally -wrong judgement -no consideration for neighbours or their lives-they haven't cultivated that- just planted a load of trees and let them grow

Don't care about Englishman and castles-that is anti-social behaviour- council should appeal

I wouldn't want to live next door to them-would anybody

03/11/2012 at 10:34

Rant over-sun shining

Now-that sounds like a grand day out Kate-did you get a snog in the back row?-

-This is just a very small step at the moment as regards moving

Bjaty -posting on here is a steep learning curve--have you tried italics and bold yet?

This sounds like it is going to be a helleva big wrench for you Jean

90 minutes programme tomorrow on a bloke jumping into space

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nts6t

03/11/2012 at 10:52

" portaloos now on front garden by hedge - well I guess they have to go somewhere. Look forward to watching the queue build up later!. Cars beginning to build up as well! Just had problem trying to get out in ours.

See Kate didn't give much of plot away at all.

03/11/2012 at 11:26

There seems to be a lot of curtain twitching going on

Have hust been in the loft-guess what I found-still being sold on Amazon and e-bay into 3 figures

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/15470.jpg?width=512&height=350&mode=max

I now have the moral dilemma

03/11/2012 at 12:12

Have put on e-bay

Lucy Spraggan has left the building-through "illness"

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/lucy-leaves-x-factor-111342449.html

03/11/2012 at 13:54

XF Lucy was my favourite

Geoff you can always give a percentage to charity

Bjay no you were very good the ending was a surprise what is happening next door, we will need regular updates.

It is a long time since I have been to the pictures they have infra red cameras to monitor the audience, so no snogging

03/11/2012 at 14:10

Afternoon all.

Despite it being a reasonable day here-actually sun at the mo, but soooo soggy- darent go outside to do things as am keeping an 'eye', on OH. Keep being consulted, as he has started to 'fit' some shelves back into my 'ex-airing' cupboard. Daughter is planning to paint it inside before OH glues the shelving slats in place. Slight problem is she's going out soon, so wont do until tomorrow & has insisted that she does it. Another day of stuff all over the place, but I cant be bothered to argue any more........

We did have a major crisis last night- heating on, getting too warm, when OH went into study/his workshop to see water cascading down the back wall!!

The elderly bath tap just couldnt stand the high pressure from the new system & was leaking BIG time! Of course it was my fault that OH hadnt got a new washer of the correct size. Oh & of course all his valuable old magazines & paperwork dumped under the table/ on shelves in there were getting wet!

So some temporary repair done involving a jey cloth wrapped around the tap & allowing the water to drip into the bath, not down the pipe & the wall.No drip in the workshop now- phew.

Today, new washer purchased, fitted & even a new seal around the bath been done. Ok having a new bath done at end of month, but needs must. On a +ve note the shower is now sooo fierce that daughter turned the nozzzle to a less intense setting. Roll on the new one though.

Am off to investigate the paint situation though..... J.

03/11/2012 at 14:23

There is more to the Lucy story than "illness"-she would not have won anyway- but she has got herself noticed

Jo -living in your house sounds like soap opera

What is going on in wedding street?

It has cold now-we have lost the sun

03/11/2012 at 14:30

Quick hallo while passing. Dog rescue Open Day this morning, had lunch, now to take my dogs out. Sun we had has gone, hope it stays dry.

I have no excitement in my street - probably a good thong on the whole.

03/11/2012 at 14:36
FloBear wrote (see)

Quick hallo while passing. Dog rescue Open Day this morning, had lunch, now to take my dogs out. Sun we had has gone, hope it stays dry.

I have no excitement in my street - probably a good thong on the whole.

Are all thongs good?

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/irish-thongs-demotivational-poster-.jpg

03/11/2012 at 14:49

Or hotpants!!

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/15472.jpg?width=720&height=350&mode=max

Afternoon all!

03/11/2012 at 14:52

I had a worse one and changed my original one

Picture that is -before anyone says anything