18/06/2012 at 19:48

Absolutely gorgeous, David

Pam x

18/06/2012 at 19:50

David they are gorgeous.

18/06/2012 at 20:04
David K wrote (see)
sotongeoff wrote (see)

There are two tickets to the men's Wimbledon final for whoever posts message 1000.

Rather have a dozen spring cabbage plants!

and I went to all this trouble-enjoy the day

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/Scan-002.jpg

18/06/2012 at 20:42
lilylouise wrote (see)

Absolutely gorgeous, David

Pam x

kate1123 wrote (see)

David they are gorgeous.

Eat your heart out, Monty Don!    

18/06/2012 at 20:44

Sorry, and you going to all that trouble, Geoff.

Can't be doin with this kicking of line judges.  

18/06/2012 at 23:01

Oh no, don't say it's nearly Wimbledon.  I was hoping that the weather was cheering up and Wimbledon will be the kiss of death!!

I'm off to Wisley with my dad tomorrow.

BTW.  Why does Monty not do his coat up when he is out in the rain?  He spends a lot of time on GW looking rather damp and I worry about his chest.

18/06/2012 at 23:23

KG have a lovely time at Wisley, I agree about MD, you would think he would have some proper waterproof clothing.

Geoff I am confused Friday is the 22nd

19/06/2012 at 01:05

kate the ticket is for last year.

19/06/2012 at 06:49

KG-don't go buying any plants without negotiating a second mortgage-it is going to be a lovely day in the sunshine.

Monty is a man's man like me-we dont worry about a little bit of rain

Time to get the chickens up,and make coffee-Pam will have already done and hour's planting

19/06/2012 at 09:33

Well today is E-day, I hope we are all getting excited, I have already planned dinner and just need to plump up the cushions.

I have sunshine

19/06/2012 at 09:56

I am absolutely thrilled,over the moon,a game of two halves, the boy done good,flat back four ,what was he thinking,there are no easy games at this level,they will give 100%,a bad time to concede a goal,a good time to score a goal and the English dream is over

19/06/2012 at 10:04

Ok better bring the 3 person tent for Geoff and friends and the 9 person one for me, Kate and whoever else!

KG, you've picked a good day for it - have a lovely time. As Geoff says keep tight hold of your purse strings though!

Anyone off to Ascot?

19/06/2012 at 12:53

Lottie they wont let you in the dress code has gone back to Victorian times,no strapless dresses and I bought one specially

Have been up a ladder like Tarzan removing the spent flower stalks and tatty leaves from the cordyline-2 bags for the green waste tomorrow

The good news is the car has been serviced and MOT'd -no work need and all in for just over £150-pleased about that now have got fork out for £170 for road tax-not so pleased about that!!

19/06/2012 at 13:07

Must have a bigger engine/ be less 'ecco friendly' than mine then Geoff, mine wasnt that much £135, did this morning.

We had an unexpected shower, heavy too, last evening so plans to do lawn today were abandoned amid much swearing. Yep, still wet grass this morning, but just now it's dry enough to do! So off to get into garden scruffs & do the cut, then tomorrow dont just have to get car out when not planning to go anywhere. J.

19/06/2012 at 13:51

At last!! I found you all. I thought everyone was very busy in their gardens until last Friday when I looked at this thread and saw how many responses there had been, doh.  I haven't been on here for a while cos I have been very busy with my new (almost perfect) job  and of course preparations for the wedding of SIL/child in care. OH will be "giving her away" and so more things to do as he and I will be needing some new clothes.

The weather today is fine even though the sun isn't shining that much, with temps of about 21C and no wind at all at the moment. But we have been promised gusty winds and heavy thunderstorms for Thursday. Just hope that it all will pass us by otherwise we might be stuck -  just like two years ago - and this is not something that is normal in a flat country ours.

re Sweet peas -  OH found the tiniest sweet pea I'd ever seen the other day. When I asked him where he'd found it he said it was growing at his worksite. It was heavily scented and I did ask for some seed pods but today he rang and told me it had been attacked by a mower.... Hopefully it will re-grow or has self seeded.

19/06/2012 at 13:51

Glorious day here, I have planted out another 5 dahlias and pricked out lots of seedlings. I have found lots of wallflower seedlings and I have transplanted them to pots.

Geoff good news about the car, do you have a gas guzzler?

Lottie I have a correct dress for Ascot but no hat so I will not be able to attend, I will just stick to the camping for Wimbledon.

19/06/2012 at 14:00

Flower-it is good to hear from you only last week we wondered how you were getting on-so the job is going well then?-don't be a stranger now

It is only a 1600cc car-does that qualify as a guzzler?

I shall be camping it up at Wombledon

19/06/2012 at 14:39

Flower good to hear that the job is going well

1600cc does it go vroom, vroom?

My french beans are only a couple of feet tall but they have produced flowers, good or bad?

19/06/2012 at 14:43

It hasn't got a dodgy exhaust

That is good about the beans.............I think

You left it late planting out dahlias-got some flower buds on mine

19/06/2012 at 14:47

I have flower buds on the ones I planted out in may, some of them have taken a long time to get going so they had a little tlc indoors, I still have more to plant out

What noise would it make with a doggy exhaust?