London (change)
Today 22°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 15°C
07/11/2012 at 15:00

Winter storm Athena-well they can keep that-why do they give weather happenings names?-we should do that

Windy Miller

07/11/2012 at 15:02

They only give the ones that are going to do damage names apparently!!

Makes sense. That's why we name kids as well!

07/11/2012 at 15:13

Ok-Lets get in a festive mood-Christmas Wish Lists-silly suggestions only

Top of my list-a device to help me get my socks on

07/11/2012 at 15:21

Ooh, a remote control for the bath, with a thermometer built in! I get sick of running up and down stairs, seeing if it's ready yet, then testing the temp, keep adding hot and cold water for madam!

07/11/2012 at 15:31

A christmas tree that tells you itself that it looks all right

07/11/2012 at 15:32

A remote control to turn the sun on

07/11/2012 at 15:36

A TV that clips on top of my monitor so I don't have to keep turning my head to watch a film. 

07/11/2012 at 15:40

Wellies for dogs-so the top of the duvet doesn't get muddy

07/11/2012 at 16:30

A remote control for my car, so I can still give people lifts, without leaving the house!

Taxi duty tonight again at 6pm.

07/11/2012 at 16:32
Insomnia1973 wrote (see)

They only give the ones that are going to do damage names apparently!!

Makes sense. That's why we name kids as well!

:- D :- D :- D

Well, the bird feeder gibbet thing is up but no ingeniousnessness required as, like Gary's now redundant thingy, it had a spike. Extra trip to GC needed as a part was missing; I was given a bit off the display model but it doesn't fit properly!! I've put it up about 3.5 ft away from a self sown hazel and will use that as a place to hang stuff as well.

Wish list for you know when a fit young chap to do my bidding in the garden ;- )

07/11/2012 at 16:34

A 'tame' squirrel that dug the holes ready for my bulbs & that knocked on the patio doors when it started to rain & the washing still out! Oh & for all this it mustnt eat all the birds' food. J.

07/11/2012 at 16:42

Warm sunshine!

An instant raised bed maker that fills in the compost as well.

07/11/2012 at 16:44

Fitish youngish chap here

A chip that can be can be inserted in all items that get put away for safe-keeping

07/11/2012 at 16:50

We put up new bird feeder last week. very successful. Moved the older smaller one from that place and now it keeps falling over. As it's now under oak wonder if squirrels are doing flying jumps onto it for nuts 

Just watched Andy Murray lose

07/11/2012 at 17:11
07/11/2012 at 17:11

Drat, forgot tennis was on.

Potatoes baking in oven. Timer on for when to add a vegetable puff & start stirfrying kale with garlic.

Have finally swopped the cushion covers over to the 'winter' ones & they've just been washed ready to go outside tomorrow- who says 'dry clean only'?

Didnt get seed tins out after all, will get into shed tomorrow. J.

07/11/2012 at 17:19

Thanks Becks-does not look all that inspiring -but as long as they are rubbish at everything that is the main thing-oh and of course the obligatory bikini shots-

-for the girls- not the blokes

07/11/2012 at 17:27

Have decided I need to get another seed box/tin/ something and keep flowers and veg seeds seperate. May cause less chaos at sowing time. Anyone know a decent, not enormous variety of red cabbage?

OH at local pub tonight taking the monthly quiz. I have no idea what the questiions are  I

07/11/2012 at 17:53

I've got 3 tins nowadays. Flowers, vegs, & a spare one with whatever I dont get to put in the 'correct' tin! Every winter I try to sort, chuck & list things, but it ends up just as disorganised as before by the end of the summer. Tins are vital as mice can still get into the shed.

I'm planning to do big pots of annuals again next year- big success even in this soggy, not much sunshine year. Less damage from slugs etc & easy to maintain ie deadhead without demolishing other plants under foot when diving into the borders. Also got some ideas from the Austrian village we visit. They had big planters with tenderish herbaceous things, some of which I already tend to add to the borders having taken cuttings & overwintered. So that's another idea for me.

Ooh, beeper, kitchen awaits... J.

07/11/2012 at 18:12

BJay! - Ruby Perfection! Did really well for us this year!

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/15553.jpg?width=512&height=350&mode=max

Evening Everybody!

Be delicate with me tonight! Had a long hard day!