London (change)
Today 18°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
09/11/2012 at 11:59

I think around about the beginning of December is a good time for the decs-then you can have ahh-factor for 6 weeks-so stop itching and scratching till then

Is tv any different now?

Esate agent phoned-he still wants to show people round even thought it is not on the market-I have agreed-I am going to regret this-(notsurewhatIhavedonesmiley)

09/11/2012 at 12:10

Getting plenty of feeback from prospective buyers can only be a good thing. It will give you a realistic idea of the demand, and prospects, and is also an incentive to tidy up.

I would advise leaving further Christmas decs for the time being.

09/11/2012 at 12:11

Let's just say Jess will never run out of anything to watch.

09/11/2012 at 12:12

Afternoon all. Becks - strange to hear you say "morning lovelies" LOL.  Geoff you are looking very festive already, Can we start making predictions on number of viewings?  Hibernating sounds a good option to me .  Just reduced the ironing mountain an ironing hill - too wet to go outside.  Found some of last year's stewed apple lurking in bottom of freezer so defrosted it and put outside and the blackbird has now eaten so much he can't eat any more but is standing guard over it! 

09/11/2012 at 12:17

It's looking at your home through other peoples eyes that is hard. Try to do that yourself, feedback is good, 

Sunny here so am going out to plant remaining bulbs  into flower pots that I can then , when foot better, sink pots into ground. Will sit on a chair with big bag of compost and a load of pots and see how many I can do.

Christmas potatoes are still looking healthy, not felt around for the crop yet though.

09/11/2012 at 12:18

He says he has people already interested-which means he is now on the phone to people who didn't know they were interested to tell them they are now interested

Getting good at this marketing stuff-Glyn will be so proud

Becks-as you know all kids programmes are on a loop-is Watch with Mother still shown?

09/11/2012 at 12:37

Paining here now. Cleaning ground to a halt, barely started actually.

The washing on airer, under stairs. Dont think any urgent for daughter- tough if it is, as majority says 'dry flat/no tumble'. That leaves her w/end free.

Have sorted what I need for w/end. Am going over to little house to save OH having to come back after all his traveling. When there I can barely work the remote, so delegate all responsibility to OH. Quite like all these w/ends away. Drive over a bit tedious though, views wonderful on a good day, but wont even consider if weather 'bad' in winter. J.

09/11/2012 at 12:43

Recently, for a couple of months I decided to only watch Brititsh programmes . It is really hard. we  have freeview. Although that experiment os over I find that I watch far less american stuff.now

Wind outside is very cold but there is still a bright sun.

What you need is a cash buyer, chain free Geoff. Far less hastle.

09/11/2012 at 12:49

Ooh, forgot- local gossip. Mr & Mrs biggest conservatory, having demolished perfectly good garage, parkers of 2 new, personalised number plated BMWs just on a rightangled bend! Anyway, they now have had another building erected, so no back garden left. It's a HUGE pergola-type thing, with 'frosted' windows on 3 sides, for, wait for it, in rainy, facing North aspect....a HOTTUB!! Completely mad...... J.

09/11/2012 at 12:53

Jo - hopefully they will now have run out of space and once they get over the novelty of the hot tub will probably have to move.

09/11/2012 at 13:11

Well I suppose it'll be marginally quieter for the immediate neighbours than the trampoline that it replaced. In sunny Manchester though?

Luckily we're further down the road.... J.

09/11/2012 at 13:20

Just has sausage sandwiches-would miss "British" sausages

Will be taking hot-tub with us

09/11/2012 at 13:24

Coronation Streets Bill Tarmey, who played Jack Duckworth has died.

09/11/2012 at 13:28

That is sad news

09/11/2012 at 13:36

Oh Lordy! There's a Horror Channel!!

09/11/2012 at 13:37

It is usually just full of stuff like Killer Bees,Killer Sharks.Killer Killers

Have you found the Waltons yet?

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/CRC1F21121111211111111.gif

09/11/2012 at 13:40

Right then! I won't cancel my subscription to Love Film just yet then! I found Syfy/Discovery/Travel Channel and History. That's me sorted.

No, not yet!

09/11/2012 at 13:44

Anything Paranormal?

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/christmas%20animations/CRISDE113111110101110101020101010.gif

09/11/2012 at 13:44

The various channels you can get are very confusing.

There are a set with come with a basic Sky subscription. And there's a different set that you get with Freeview via an aerial. And there's a slightly different set that you get with Freesat. And there's a slightly different set that you can get using a Freesat receiver, manually tuned.

I quite enjoy watching some of the shopping channels.

sotongeoff wrote (see)

Anything Paranormal?

For those who watch ghostunters, I think that's on CBS reality.

Depending on what type of recorder you have, you may also be able to export recorded programs onto a flash drive.

09/11/2012 at 13:49

I don't know yet Geoff. I know Ghosthunters is originally a Syfy show in US, but as Gary says, could be on other channels. Ghost Adventures is a Travel Channel show in US, but is being shown on Really over here. I'm going to have to buy a guide and familiarise myself with what channels will carry the stuff I want.