London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 10°C
10/11/2012 at 16:32

Love the falling meerkats.

Mine sits on the bed in case of sudden need to doze  - though not on pillows as a rule!

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/15628.jpg?width=570&height=350&mode=max

10/11/2012 at 16:32

Those meerkats are gorgeous - they must have cheered you up Geoff.

10/11/2012 at 16:34

I have made no plans for Christmas yet. Will wait a bit longer and see how it pans out.

Geoff, can completely sympathise. As Jean says, manners cost nothing. 

I was going to go and do a bit of tidying in the garden but it seems to be getting dark so soon! 

Becks, glad you've got some calpol to hand. 

I have just paid my council tax (do it online). I feel robbed.

10/11/2012 at 16:59

Becks, hoping that Jess is feeling better. Flobear, that dog is adorable--mine can't get on the bed, as it is too high and they are too big!

Geoff, I hope I wasn't one of those that offended you-----still don't understand why I am invisible.

Got cold overnight, but nowhere near the -4 predicted.

10/11/2012 at 16:59

I've just potted up the sambucus in the new pot and when I was placing it back where it belongs noticed 2 holes in brickwork that the cavity wall men forgot to fill  I'll tell them Monday when I also tell them I have receipt for replacement pot.

Love the video  and Flo, your little dog is so cute

Hope your foot is ok Bjay and Beck's - hope Jess feels better soon.

Lottie, I always feel robbed when I pay the council tax.When we first moved here we didn't have a road - just a muddy track and we were all paying full council tax. I rang to complain as we didn't have a road and was told you pay your council tax for the upkeep of the road - not the road itself ???  There must be logic there somewhere but not as we know it !!

Hi Caz

10/11/2012 at 17:16

Flo-they are cuties- dogs -when they do that

I try to analyse what I get for my council- tax-got as far as the bins being emptied than ran out of thoughts-it must do more good somewhere

Jean are you sure that is not mice drilling outwards

10/11/2012 at 17:20

Could be the little woodmouse.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/15629.jpg?width=457&height=350&mode=max

10/11/2012 at 17:25

That's the little fella-Driller Killer

10/11/2012 at 17:38

Speak of the devil ! The woodmouse is hoovering up at the base of the bird table as we speak  Hope he likes meal worms

10/11/2012 at 17:40

Inka, I can see you, are you invisible to yourself?

Pepper-dog is a whited sepulchre - cute and adorable on the outside, wilful and scheming on the inside ;- )

Fish crumble tonight, with broccoli, followed by banana custard. If it gets near Strictly kick off, OH will be making the banana custard.

Jean, I think woodmice are just the cutest things with their huge ears.

10/11/2012 at 17:44

We don't have bins to be emptied here, Still in the land of plastic bags: pink for recycling,(very limited) black for eveerything else.- only one bag a week! WE pay to have a brown wheelie bin for garden rubbish, it all really bugs us.

So pleased some one has managed to cheer Geoff up

Foots improving thanks - just have to remember not to put weight on it apart from walkng, realised when planting a pot with rhubarb in that digging means too much pressure on foot

10/11/2012 at 17:48

Hi all. Never posted on here beforebut have read it often. Very difficult to try to keep up with who is who.

FloBear just love your dog

10/11/2012 at 17:53

Welcome Bev-we love newcomers- you will soon get to know who is who-here is your welcome pack pack

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/christmas%20animations/welcome_to_the_pack_by_zerokuran-d4.jpg

10/11/2012 at 17:53

Evening Girl's n Boy's!

Kate!.....Glad you survived the week!

Beck's.....Fingers crossed at this end for poor little Jess! 

We had a bit of a scare in the middle of the night! But all turned out well, n all now home safe, warm, n secure!

I need an hot bath! Just got back from the plot n am frozen to the core! Back shortly! 

10/11/2012 at 17:54

UNBEELIEVABLE!!!!!!

outside christmas decorations gone up down the road, tasteful but.......

Hi Bev

you'll soon work out who everyone is, I soon did, just became confusing when we all changed names for Hallowe'en

Are we having Christmas names? -but not till later on in month

10/11/2012 at 17:58

I love them as well , Flo - they have the biggest eyes . We managed to get a good look at the one we rescued when it got in the house.

Glad your foots improving Bjay  We have a blue bag for paper and cardboard, a blue box for glass and tins, a green wheelie bin for green waste and a black wheelie bin for anything that cannot be recycled. They alternate every week so we usually take stuff ourselves to the recycling centre - its only 10 mins away.

You have to PAY for the brown one ?? That's terrible

Look what I discovered today - yet another new leaf on my monstera

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/15630.jpg?width=300&height=350&mode=max

10/11/2012 at 18:01

We tripleted !! Hi Bev  Dean - what was the scare ? Is all ok ?

10/11/2012 at 18:05

Yep we PAY for brown bin empitied every 2 weeks. Came from a place where just bins - hate these plastic bags, foxes and cats rip them, wind blows them about. There was a move to introduce re-cycling bins, chairman of council walked out - big thing. No re-cycling bin though.

Glass has to be taken to banks.

Then complaints about traffic queus at tip - mostly peope emptying garden rubbish as they haven't the brown bins

10/11/2012 at 18:13

Well after hearing that don't think I'll ever complain about our re- cycling. That must be very time consuming. I suppose it's all down to funding again

Off to stuff the tatties - ready for tea now

I have choux buns as well

10/11/2012 at 18:16

No its not down to funding so much as die hards who don't want to spoil the 'look' of the victorian town, I guess they don't have foxes, older people etc who struggle with all this. Feel very strongly about it

Enough, think I'll have aChristmas avatar any way