London (change)
Today 11°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 7°C / 3°C
11/11/2012 at 11:28

Can't remember the last time I had a goose

I can now report I am clean and shiny and ready for inspection

11/11/2012 at 11:44

Well I'm not. I suppose I'd better venture upstairs before the clock turns 12pm.

11/11/2012 at 11:55

Just read your comment from yesterday on that other thread. I guess you are not the only one feeling that way

Made me thibk about goose for Christmas that photo. OH says joint of beef for Christmas day .

It's good that all is well at your house Becks.

Back out in garden now.

11/11/2012 at 12:01

Becks good news

Sunny here, I have been busy lifting dahlias and planting tulips and clearing away firework rubbish

Pottiepam hello, sorry I have been very neglectful, I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better. I will do better.

11/11/2012 at 12:18

Hello to everyone,

Just been watching the Cenotaph, Remeberance Sunday on BBC1, it always makes me feel so sad.  London looked beautiful in the sunshine, it is quite a moving experience, would like to go and see it in person one day, on my list of things to do before I........

I was going to go outside to finish planting some tulip bulbs, but OH had a big bonfire, the wind was blowing away from the neighbours, over the orchard, but the smoke was coming right where I needed to be, so have postponed until Geronimo has finished.

Just to let you know, we are mouse free none in the traps this morning, thought you would be interested

We have booked to go to see Les Miserables in London next March, anyone been to see it? The film of same is out in January, looking forward to seeing that too. Just love the music.

Catch you all later.

Chris

11/11/2012 at 12:42

Ahh thanks forks.

Do you still give out lines, Kate? hope you can relax at weekends and don't have too much lesson planning.

You might get a goose if you move to Spain. Geoff.

How is Jess, Becks?

Not seen Les Mis, but Alfie Boe singing 'Bring him home' is one of my favourites

11/11/2012 at 12:52

Hello everyone. Been to the parade this morning - poppy wreaths now adorn our little village war memorial, I think we were a bit early with our 2 minutes silence but nobody minded. All the kids were well behaved (they knew there was tuck shop later) 

I'm now about to get a bit of lunch ready and then try and persuade OH to come out into the garden for some clearing up and a bonfire. He's not keen!

11/11/2012 at 13:10

Pam -I shall try standing on street corners to see if I can get a goose that way

Aw -no more mouse choir-could have let me down gently

I have not seen Les Miserables-but do remember Les Dennis And Les Dawson and have been to France-does that count?

Next month off too see Alan Davies-Guildford again

My bonfires is not ready for lighting yet-hedgehogs have not arrived

Ham and cheese sandwiches on order from the kitchen for upcoming luncheon-have come over all Downton before I'm a Celeb starts tonight-then who knows what the nibble choices will be?

11/11/2012 at 13:18

Pam, Jess is back to normal. Appetite has come back with a vengeance as she ate nothing yesterday. She is now tucking into MY pate with toast.

Kate, does it quite count when given lines if you 'copy and paste'

11/11/2012 at 13:22
sotongeoff wrote (see)

.. I'm a Celeb starts tonight-...

I like the start where they usually get thrown out of an aircraft. Though that has become a bit predictable. I'd like to see something a bit more Felix Baumgartner.

11/11/2012 at 13:38

Glad Jess is okay now, Becks. they are usually starving when they've been off their food.

That's a thought, Gary. I bet they have medical exemptions then. I read somewhere they were going to be split in teams and be the first to find a helicopter. I would enjoy the programme if it wasn't for eating beasties. Have to turn over then. I think they'll have to come up with some new ideas. It does make you see some of these so called celebs in a different light. I was never a fan of Carol Thatcher 'til I saw her in the jungle.

Do you have any similar programmes, Inka? where they dump people in the  jungle that's about fifty yards from civilisation. You're lucky you've got Downton to look forward to. It finished here last week but I think there's a Christmas special.

11/11/2012 at 13:43

Talking about mice, there's a video on YouTube, 'mouse versus mouse trap' that's really funny. I'm useless and can't upload on here.   Nearly didn't set the rat trap when I saw it.

11/11/2012 at 14:04

I don't like I'm a celebrity, but each to his or her own.I prefer to see a real jungle with David Attenborough and animals, not creepy crawlies. that you have to eat, yuk

Geoff, you would have plenty of geese if you moved to France, they eat every bit of it, fois grais, gizzards,etc. quite like the jungle, and they use the feathers to make duvets etc..

Our bonfire is no more, don't think we upset the neighbours, at least no one came knocking on the door, they are all probably muttering indoors.

Who will be out tonight on SCD? my bet is on either Fern or Michael, but I quite like everyone that are left in this year. Darcey is very posh isn't she, yarh

11/11/2012 at 14:05
11/11/2012 at 14:15

Chris I have been to see Les Mis and it was fabulous,  I would happily go back again.

Geoff you are wicked

My favourite punishment is to make a child colour in every other square of graph paper, an english teacher I worked with said that making writing a punishment was wrong.

SCD The shade lover  to go.

11/11/2012 at 14:51

Did anyone see Secret State on CH4 this week?- and for the Nordic drama fans the Killing is back next Saturday.

Do schools still have detentions?

Has anyone ever eaten something odd-just too see what it tastes like?

Never had oysters

11/11/2012 at 15:04

Geoff we do still do detentions, the difference now is that I can email the parents from my desk.

I have recorded Secret State is it any good?

11/11/2012 at 15:05

I have had oysters, that was in France some time ago, they taste just like the sea, salty and delicious. I think they are something you either love or hate. The piece of lemon they gave us to squeeze over them was nearly are expensive as the oysters. OH and daughter would not try them, they said that they looked like something unmentionable, I'll leave it to your imagination, both wimps.

I'm pleased you enjoyed Les Mis, Kate, I have always wanted to see it, and last year we were given a lot of Theatre Vouchers for our wedding anniversary, and thought it would be good to use them for that show. You have to book 6 months in advance to get a good seat, so just hope nothing comes along to prevent us from going, as there is no refunds or change to bookings allowed.

11/11/2012 at 15:18

Secret State was good-there is no slow build up to events -you are straight in there-if you like conspiracy/political thrillers you will like this

Chris-I saw frozen snails in the supermarket-just couldn't

Do teachers still throw chalk across the room?

11/11/2012 at 15:29

I saw Secret State - Found it  chilling - like House of Cards. - compelling but not quite sure if I really want to know.

OH done some research and bug found the other day (picture posted) was a Great Green Cricket what it was doing inside my washing line cover?? today when I put line up I was very careful.

Just done some mud pies - well clearing some weeds to help bulbs planted last year - so wet where they are, am not sure if any have survived the summer. Did find a couple of snowdrop and a tulip (miniature) but nothing else. Put a layer of compost on the top. Fingers crossed.

I used to have a white board - no chalk