Tomorrow 19°C / 14°C
15/11/2012 at 14:28

Bjay - my article is on the readers gardens page

Pam LL x

15/11/2012 at 14:45

oops -DLT-The Hairy Cornflake- has been arrested

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-20336798

15/11/2012 at 14:50

I need some entertainment-anybody feel making a four for bridge?

15/11/2012 at 14:51

There's a lot of talk of Tomatoes on the forum today.

I've been having a row with BT. I didn't think I had any contracts still running with them, but apparently, when I 'upgraded' to BT Infinity in March, that started off a new 18 month contract. I now have £133 termination charges to pay. Not happy.

I also had a Royal Mail Card through my door when I came home from dropping Jess off at nursery. My new Sky hub equiptment. He must have arrived 2 mins after I pulled off. That means a journey to town tomorrow.

Not much else happening.

15/11/2012 at 14:51

Well, Well, Well!!

Thanks fro pointing someone else in direction of that sweet pea thread geoff. Have read it, seen what i have done wrong and now will have to wait and see. Seeds have germinated though.

It is so cold outside. Just topped up bird feeders, tied up a slender rambler 'Malvern Hills'  (what else/) in case snow breaks branches, cut off tops from saved galdioli and trimmed dead leaves from my 2 small amaryllis. Now in for a warm and I think I'm going to light the fire 

Found it Pam, now to read it . Wanted to know about them to grow next year.

15/11/2012 at 14:54

Someone plugging an Australian website for some odd reason-their tomatoes grow downwards surely-what good is that to us?

That is a  great example of sods law-not being there for the short window of delivery chappie

15/11/2012 at 14:59

Tell me about it! The normal postman had just been 2 mins before I took her, and his van was still there as we drove past. Unless it was him, and he went back to the van for the parcel, after he'd done the letters! Oh well.

How do you play Bridge?

15/11/2012 at 15:03
lilylouise wrote (see)

My article is on the readers gardens page

Pam LL x

TBH, Pam, I was a teeny bit disappointed.

I was expecting to see some photos similar to those that you'd posted around the time of your opening day.

On the front page of the paper it says things lile 'The best container in Britain' and 'Gardener of the Year'.

So I opened the paper - and there are lots of photos of gardens a bit like yours - I was looking through the fine print - perhaps you were using a different name.

Eventually, I did find an article written by Pam of Woking. Together with an avatar-sized photo of Pam.

15/11/2012 at 15:06

How do you play bridge?-----

You get a pack of cards, four people-after that haven't the faintest idea-people mention trumping-or is that something else?

15/11/2012 at 15:10

This is riveting radio-from the olden days-bridge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p010p7wj

15/11/2012 at 15:14

Ha ha ha. We'll skip Bridge then!

15/11/2012 at 15:17
Georg Faust wrote (see)
lilylouise wrote (see)

My article is on the readers gardens page

Pam LL x

TBH, Pam, I was a teeny bit disappointed.

I was expecting to see some photos similar to those that you'd posted around the time of your opening day.

On the front page of the paper it says things lile 'The best container in Britain' and 'Gardener of the Year'.

So I opened the paper - and there are lots of photos of gardens a bit like yours - I was looking through the fine print - perhaps you were using a different name.

Eventually, I did find an article written by Pam of Woking. Together with an avatar-sized photo of Pam.

Sorry  I hope I didn't mislead you somehow

We just write about what is going on in our gardens each month

Pam LL x

15/11/2012 at 15:24

No, you didn't mislead.

Your colourful display in the Summer was what I associated your garden with, so I assumed the article would have been about that.

Although you have posted a lot of vegetable photos, here, on this thread, during the past month.

It was still interesting to read.

15/11/2012 at 15:32

How long have you been writing for the mag Pam?? How exciting. You're a celeb!

15/11/2012 at 15:33

Christmas joke of the day~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once upon a time there was a little girl who wanted a kitten for Christmas. Now, her mother couldn't buy a kitten and parcel it up for Christmas Day, so she bought it a week before Christmas and gave it to the little girl.
'You're getting your Christmas present a week early this year,' her mother explained and handed over the fluffy little tabby kitten. 'Is that what you want?'

The little girl, whose name was Kitty, said, 'It's wonderful, mother...just what I wanted. There's just one thing wrong!'
'What's that?' her mother asked.
'Well, it has a cute little claw on the outside of every paw and a cute little claw on the inside of every paw - but the poor little thing has no claws at all in the middle of its paws!'

Her mother smiled. 'Don't worry, Kitty....when you wake up on Christmas morning you'll find the claws are there.'

Now Kitty loved her kitten dearly, but she worried about the claws in the middle of its paws. The days passed and there wasn't even a hint, a clue or an inkling of claws in the middle of its paws!

When Christmas Eve arrived and there was still no sign, Kitty went to her mother and asked again, 'Are you absolutely sure that the kitten will have its middle claws tomorrow? There's only a few hours to go and there's not a hint or clue or an inkling as to claws as far as I can see!'

'Wait till you wake up on Christmas morning,' her mother smiled and went on stuffing the turkey.

So Kitty went to sleep a worried girl. And when she woke up on Christmas morning she ignored the presents in her stocking and rushed downstairs to look at her little kitten.

She was astounded, amazed and just a little surprised to see that her kitten had four claws on every paw! The middle ones had appeared as if by magic.

Kitty rushed to her parent's bedroom. 'Mummy, Mummy! The kitten has grown its middle claws!'

'Of course it has,' her mother grinned.
'But how did you know?' Kitty demanded.
Her father rolled over sleepily and sighed, 'Oh, Kitty, everybody knows....that Centre-claws always comes at Christmas!'

15/11/2012 at 15:36

That is awful!!!

15/11/2012 at 15:38

Whoops I meant cut off dead leaves from agapanthus.

Sitting in front of fire OH in garden chopping more wood for fire. There is loads cut but if he doesn't keep it topped up will soon disappear.

Was an interesting read Pam. Made mesearch for current GW. Eventually found under the settee.

Someone tried to teach me Bridge - they gave up! Must have been a 'rivetting' radio programme

15/11/2012 at 15:38

Becks - I have been writing every month for about 2 1/2 years - they will probably get fed up with me soon - I do hope not though as I really enjoy it

Pa LL x

15/11/2012 at 15:41

I now it was a rubbish joke- but the build up is tremendous

Will find another one

I had a puzzle published once and won a bottle of port-does that make me a celeb as well?

15/11/2012 at 15:45

Ha ha ha. No geoff, you just got lucky!

I bet you do Pam! Excellent.