London (change)
Today 18°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
19/11/2012 at 11:47

Daughter has CFS and when it was really bad she was offered a course on recognising when it is coming and how to cope with it. Her life and general well-being improved so much with the things they taught her. Although she will probably never be clear of it she copes very well, has had a ful time job for 18 months . On her  what she calls floppy days Her partner gets in DVD's and plies her with chocolate, but despite the enticements her floppy days are few and far betwween now.

Enoough now what do I want from the shops

19/11/2012 at 11:54

Yes Geoff, Frustration is still going strong!! But hers is a Scooby Doo version!

19/11/2012 at 12:04

I might need a game of Frustration soon

19/11/2012 at 12:24

Ha ha ha. I'm getting frustrated now, trying to get madam dressed!! Little Mare!

19/11/2012 at 12:25

As neighbour is at work just accepted delivery of a new bed for her - at her house. Big divan. Delivery bloke said not even supposed to come into the house when delivering but I will put it in hall for you. I ask you what would happen in one of the houses without halls. Put in garden/on street I guess! Good job we have large halls!. 

My kids liked frustration, and Operation.

19/11/2012 at 12:36

How the heck is a bed delivery not allowed to go into the house? Stupid or what?

Grr, doorbell just rung- despite note on saying not to disturb- roof salesman got very short shrift!

Having my soup & crusty bread now. Tumbler going & washer on again, so less cost to tumble a 2cnd load straight after the first. I do prefer to hang washing out but no chance today!

We've got Operation too. J.

19/11/2012 at 13:22

It's bloomin windy out there!!

Yep, we have operation as well Bjay! But Jess's version is Frankenstein, with the parts being mini tools, nuts and bolts!! I like to encourage Jess to play family games and what would be called 'Old Fashion' games these days. She will NOT be one of those kids who sit in front of games consoles and computers all day.

19/11/2012 at 13:36

Until Jess gets to school

My guess on the bed delivery is that it is part of the T&C's on purchasing- you have to hope you have a friendly delivery driver who breaks the rules-a lot of companies openly discourage staff from crossing the threshold nowadays-Tesco etc are not supposed to.

It has got rather windy and a bit chilly now

19/11/2012 at 13:49

A silly joke~~~~~~~~~~

A cowboy walks into an empty bar and says, "Where is everybody?" Bartender replies, "Don't you know? They're hanging Brown Paper Pete today." "Why do they call him Brown Paper Pete?" the cowboy asks. "Well," the bartender replies, "He wears a brown paper hat and a brown paper shirt. Brown paper vest. Brown paper pants and brown paper boots." "What are they hanging him for?" "Rustling."

19/11/2012 at 13:54

Geoff that's awful!

Have eaten the last of the banana & walnut cake for pud & am trying to get in the mood to clean kitchen floor. J.

19/11/2012 at 14:01

Hi Flo, Lottie. Pam. Bjay. Jo. Geoff, Becks and anyone else  I've forgotton

Horrible here. Blowing a gale and the rains coming down like stair rods  but I have plenty of cake

Hungry Hippos is the best game ever  but then again love all the kiddies games.

On the subject of jury service - I did it years ago and  got picked for 3 trials- the worse one bring a murder . It was in Preston Crown and don't think I'ld like to do it again. The guy's family were all in the pub where we decided to have lunch which wasn't nice and it was a guilty verdict. When we came out of court his family also came out the same door. Found it all very intimidating. The other 2 trials were an assualt

19/11/2012 at 14:09

She also has hungry hippos Jean! But some of the balls are missing.

19/11/2012 at 14:12

I have just crossed my legs

19/11/2012 at 14:16

?? It went and I hadn't finished . Anyway it was an assualt and the rape of a minor by video link - very harrowing,  but the latter got dismissed  as a jury member brought a book in. Imagine the cost of that.

Hubbie also did jury service but ended up sitting round for 2 weeks as he didn't get picked. There was another trial going on while I was there and the jurors were guarded by the ushers and put up in a hotel as no-one was allowed to speak to them. That trial was horrible too.

Going to decline if I get asked again.

19/11/2012 at 14:17

Ha ha ha. I'm surprised you have any left as you keep claiming to go 'ball bashing!'

Waiting for a parcel to be redelivered from last week, supposed to come today, but no sign yet. It's the new hub/router from Sky. It better get a wiggle on. The big switchover is tomorrow. You may lose me for a while!

19/11/2012 at 14:17

Yes. That's the one Hungry Hippos. When big son went off to university we were given a list of games he would like. The sensible one was Risk, Kerplunk was also requested, monoploly. Mostly noisy games with my lot. Mouse Trap but not as popular - broke!

Just watched part of a Geoff Hamilton Gardeners World. They were broadcast well before I became interested. What a lot of information and practical tips. Could do with similar now. Toby Buckland said he wanted to do that but somehow never succeeded. Was GW with Geoff H longer - 40 mins or did they just pack a lot in?

Really windy and wet now here.

19/11/2012 at 14:21

Bjay- GW-always 30 minutes but they would do the odd hour show- as now

Becks -have you got your ticket to Incommunicado?

Jean-all sounds rather traumatic- not as portayed on Tv

Is anybody up for a silly Christmas themed game?

19/11/2012 at 14:23

GH was very practical Bjay- might be worth checking out your local library, charity shops or asking Father Christmas......

W -OMG what have I hit now?
19/11/2012 at 14:25

I've got tickets for everywhere!!

What we playing?

19/11/2012 at 14:27

No idea what am doing on this pc today. Just lost everything & apparently closed the net! No, I didnt want that.

Think shall go to do my chores- get the feeling someone/thing trying to tell me something! J.