London (change)
Today 22°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 15°C
22/11/2012 at 11:57

Morning all  Just a quick hello on way out to daughters with more boxes. I need to get my act together for Christmas seeing how they will all be coming to me - only got a few things. All I can think about is this blessed house move.

Will probally do a trolley dash after the 10th.

Georg - You left off sackcloth and ashes .

22/11/2012 at 11:57

Lottie And thanks. she's better this morning. She only has coughing fits at night.

22/11/2012 at 12:14

Jean I am sure you will all have a greay Christmas once all the streaa of last few months has lifted and your family is settled.

Returned from my supermarket trip. OH lost his cool before we had lsft vegetables

I reminded him he had promised I could look so then he valmed down, Just moaned about never being able to find me.!

OH has a Kindle equivalent - it keeps him very happy

Worrying though when litle ones have coughing fits. Hope she is wide awake and full of bounce now.

22/11/2012 at 12:16

Erm, Bjay, have you been on the wine again! Yes, she seems ok, but not eating much. She's normally non stop. Bloomin kids!

Morning jean!

22/11/2012 at 12:20

Bjay, I think the streaa of your supermarket trip has had an effect on your typing!
I am imagining your OH as he valms down :- D

I like my wheelbarrows in British Racing Green.

Have bought my OH a subscription to his favourite photography mag.  for Christmas but will have to think of a few small things to wrap up. If I can buy them online so much the better.

22/11/2012 at 12:21

Poor Jess and Becks.

There's a lovely site  called 'North Pole' that has lots of Christmas activities she might like.

Also one for Geoff. You can go to the NORAD site. It looks out for hostiles invading American airspace. This time of year it tracks Santa's progress across the globe. Just be careful they don't think you are hacking into their computors.

Best of luck with your daughter's move. It's a busy time of the year to cope with a move as well.

22/11/2012 at 12:23

Whoops. I forget to proof read!

Should read 'great' not 'grey', what a terrible mistake Sorry

Surely you get the idea of everything else. And I know there is a spell check.

My family all moan about my texts because I never check them

After a lot of moaning I just sent big son texts without predictive text so he just had the first letter on the key. He's intelligent so I let him work the message out!

Rain has started 

22/11/2012 at 12:30

Ah, I'm only joking Bjay!

I'll have a look at that site Pam, thanks! I use Norad every Christmas Eve!! Love stuff like that!

22/11/2012 at 12:34

Morning all those who have apeared today -have had more traumas with IT-seems sorted again now

Becks-poor Jess-is she still off to nursery this afternoon?-tell her to pack in the fags

Can we have wheelbarrow racing on Boxing Day?-just after the ritual slaying of one Gary Hobson

22/11/2012 at 12:37

OH already has a Kindle, what I need to know is how I go about buying a book to go on it?

Got a bit of a headache today, think I'll go and have a lie down - oh, I can't - no sofas here!

22/11/2012 at 12:40

I think Kindles are sold at prices which are lower than the cost of manufacture, so Amazon make a loss on the sale.

But they recoup that loss through the cost of book sales that buyers subsequently make. The cost of buying books on Kindle isn't much cheaper than buying paper copies.

I'm surprised that Kindles aren't used by school children. When I was at school we had to lug a sachel full of books around. It would have been so much more convenient to have the whole lot in a little tablet.

Printed school books are very costly, about £20-£40 each.

22/11/2012 at 12:40

Hooray we are going to have festive faces

No sofas??

Last year as I was so fed up of people commenting that we had  no rain here I asked for a rain gauge for Christmas!  I read it every day. Oddly since I had it we no longer have drought

Sorry everyone.

22/11/2012 at 12:54

Lottie, If you have an Amazon account, you can search for and purchase books on there for it, but not sure how you'd go about it as a gift. Never done that. I know I had to register my device to my account, so I could download them onto it.

I only download the free ones! If it's a book I want to keep, I buy the paper copy.

I'm all in for the slaying Geoff! Bagsy first strike! And of course, she's going to nursery. She's not that bad.

22/11/2012 at 12:54

Lottie is at work Bjay-so unless the tight boss has bought sofas for the staff to lounge on.................which seems unlikely bearing in mind the terrible things we have been told in the past

Lottie you download the books from Amazon-around the same price as you would pay for the paperback version-if the book has reached paperback publication which is around 12 months after the hardback publication

22/11/2012 at 13:15

Good Lord, it's windy out there! Not really that cold though. Right, quickly move this desk over other side, then I'm ready to play!

22/11/2012 at 13:24

Just a few stocking fillers, suitable for giving to gentlement...

• Ride-on mower
  • Birdbox with webcam kit
  • Hydroponics growing kit

One million pound note (only £2.25 to you)
http://www.thepresentfinder.co.uk/products/one-million-pound-note

Electric fire lighter (looks cool to me):
http://www.thepresentfinder.co.uk/products/grenadier-firelighter--light-the-fire-with-ease-this-winter--best-seller

22/11/2012 at 13:29

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/15974.jpg?width=216&height=350&mode=max

The wind is quite scarey here at the moment. My photia red robin has just been uprooted. Lucky it didn't fall the other way into the conservatory. I was going to prune it right down in the spring as it cuts a lot of light out. The weather forcast is better tomorrow so I'll cut it right down and replant it. It might survive. It will be a shame to lose it. Hope it hasn't damaged my neighbour's fence (my son and DIL)

22/11/2012 at 13:43

At £150 for an electric fire lighter I think I'll make do with a box of matches, thanks!

Yes Bjay, as Geoff says, I'm at work so no sofas - well there is a little one in the reception area but its not long enough to have a lie down on!

Your rain gauge is a bit like the hosepipe ban we had here - as soon as it was in place it rained constantly.

Becks, I'm right behind you in that queue

I might suggest to OH that he downloads the book and I'll give him the money, as he has an Amazon account and I don't!

Pam, I hope you can rescue the photia.

22/11/2012 at 13:48

It been very windy here all morning, but not that bad.

There's a thread on the Amazon website, about buying books as gifts. It seems that you can't. You need to buy a book voucher, and give or send the voucher to the recipient. The recipient then needs to download whatever book they choose for themselves:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/kindle?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3IRFCNF3E5K2W&cdThread=Tx6XLQ88VUISPA

22/11/2012 at 13:48

On no Pam! A job you hadn't planned on doing.

All set up back in the corner now. And back on a wired connection as I'm now near the hub.