London (change)
Today 22°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 23°C / 15°C
25/11/2012 at 16:01

Saints 1-0 up at HT

My last game didn't work too well Caz-has anybody got any suggestions?

I have one item in Amazon basket-it is the last click that needs to be done- but a bit undecided-oh decisions,decisions...............

25/11/2012 at 16:22

I'm slobbing it & watching 'The Way We Were'. That takes us back to student days.... Just had honey on toast & OH had jam butties- yummy.

Done a quick clean up & hoover. OH assures me that he'll be able to move the wheely bin out when due for collection. He's promised to unload stuff if he cant do it & then we know that council workmen will be ok. Hmm, we shall see. J.

25/11/2012 at 16:22

2-0 now

25/11/2012 at 16:25

Forgot- as usual- Pam sorry about chicken. Foxes are a real pest. No experience of badgers, other than seeing them in the car headlights when down where grew up. J.

25/11/2012 at 16:48

Hmmm, Caz, will have to think about that trade. How long have I got??

Gary, will take a look at that.

What's in your basket Geoff???

25/11/2012 at 16:56

Saints won

25/11/2012 at 16:58

Becks-son's Christmas pressie-he wants a lawn mower-it is just a question of where is the cheapest-at least this way it is delivered

How is the lights etc.voyage of discovery doing?

Saints win-West Ham losing-just for those who are interested in such things

25/11/2012 at 17:01

Placed amazon order then realised forgotten something, when you go back can only delete items not add more - means more postage.

Going to watch original 'Miracle on 34th Street' now. Can't remember seeing this version!

25/11/2012 at 17:04

Site suddenly going sooo slow for me.

Forgotten how sad that film was.

Off to do wonders with a cauliflower! Then the ironing awaits. J.

25/11/2012 at 17:17

Well, wasn't too bad Geoff. Everything is now back in the boxes, awaiting next Saturday! All shelves are cleared, ready to have various ornaments/festive items on them. All lights worked. Some corroded batteries I forgot to take out of musical stuff last year.

I've swapped my two big mirrors over in the hall and living room, so now the fire surround wood matches the mirror wood, and actually hung the one up in the hall, instead of just standing it on the radiator. Realised I now had room to put a wooden shelf up under the hall mirror, so put that shelf up!

So all going well so far! neighbour has just bought our Sunday Dinner round, so Jess is tucking into that. Will have mine a bit later, and then THE chocolates!!

I love that film Bjay!!

25/11/2012 at 17:56

Is it the David Attenborough version Bjay or the original black and white?-I also have a colourised version of the  b&w that look weird

The biq question is Becks is do we drag out all the animated figures and other stuff this year?

Your DIY skills are jahmazing

25/11/2012 at 18:12

Yo! Yo! Each n all!

Have caught up of sort! 

Pam.....(Pottie One).....So soz to hear about the chuck! Those foxes are cunning little blitter's! 

Inka.....Well done you on the smoking front! 

Dove.....Glad to hear you have "Pimped Your Ride" Enjoy! But must admit, I bought this hard backed Landrover n removed it once for the kid's to feel like they were cruising "Rodeo Drive" Never again! Such a faff!

Beck's.....Glad all light's, musical thingybob's are all in operational order! 

Geoff!....."Up the Saint's!" But will openly admit, I have no interest whatsoever! 

n last but not least!

Kate!..... Thanks for the Puff! But didn't recall ordering one! 

25/11/2012 at 18:25

Geoff, do you mean the one's for outside?? We don't do that. Call me a snob, but I think they are a bit tacky. I have pre-lit trees to line our path, 4 on each side. Only about 2ft high. That'll do for me. No doubt next door will have the usual waving santas and lit up train on the front lawn again!

Oh bugger kate, I forgot about the puff in my locker. Good job Dean reminded me. Thankies!

Geoff, is it a ride-on mower??

25/11/2012 at 18:38

Evening all, thought I'd show my cyber-face  Had a lot to do over the last few days so haven't had a lot of time to play. Congratulations , Great Aunt Lottie - great news  On the subject of weight, our first grandson Sam was an eye-popping 11 lb 6 and a half ounces and came naturally.  We asked in the hospital if it was a record and there was another lady the previous week who had a 12 pounder ! .Sam is now a very slim teenager

Sorry about your chicken PPam - hope he/she doesn't come back.

Looking forward to Crickley Hall - I watched the first episode and really enjoyed it but it's not as scary as Woman in Black.

Hope everyone's gardens are not too badly flooded - I saw Georgs - Mine looks a bit like that.  I am thinking of getting a convertable canoe

25/11/2012 at 18:41

Ooh, jean, while your're on, have you watched 'The Rite' with Anthony Hopkins. All about Exorcism! I started watching it last night, but only got through half of it, but I liked what I saw so far. You'll find it in the usual places.

25/11/2012 at 18:45
Idiot next door been ranting for the last hour! Been such a lovely peaceful's day pottering too!

She,s jumped in the car with th little one's! n "Done One" so may peace provail as I go shower n shave!
25/11/2012 at 18:46

Hi Becks  Yes I've seen that . Think I mentioned it to you a while ago Its been on Sky a lot  - have a look on anytime. I'm after Paranormal Activity 4 now - have you had any luck ?

25/11/2012 at 18:58

Geoff it was the original black and white. Had seen the modern one but found this one far more convincing - I now believe in Father Christmas

Food's up. Catch you all later

25/11/2012 at 19:00

Sorry Becks -confused you-upstairs in boxes we have lots of animated santas and such like-you know the sort you press a button and they sing tunes-they haven't been out for the past few years-bought in my "I don't mind Christmas so much" phase

It is a push mower-they live on a first floor so all that electric lead is a faff-ride on mowers are scary things -believe me

Hello Jean-how is the moving prep going?

Dean-it is past your bed-time surely?

25/11/2012 at 19:07

Lost X Files Christmas episode

Mulder: We're too late. It's already been here.

Scully: Mulder, I hope you know what you are doing.

Mulder: Look, Scully, just like the other homes: Douglas fir, truncated, mounted, transformed into some sort of shrine; halls decked with boughs of holly; stockings hung by the chimney, with care.

Scully: You really think someone's been here?

Mulder: Someone or some thing.

Scully: Mulder, over here--it's fruitcake.

Mulder: Don't touch it! Those things can be lethal.

Scully: It's O.K. There's a note attached: "Gonna find out who's naughty and nice."

Mulder: It's judging them, Scully. It's making a list.

Scully: Who? What are you talking about?

Mulder: Ancient mythology tells of an obese humanoid entity who could travel at great speed in a craft powered by antlered servants. Once each year, near the winter solstice, this creature is said to descend from the heavens to reward its followers and punish its disbelievers with jagged chunks of anthracite.

Scully: But that's legend, Mulder--a story told by parents to frighten children. Surely, you don't believe it?

Mulder: Something was here tonight, Scully. Check out the bite marks on this gingerbread man. Whatever tore through this plate of cookies was massive -- and in a hurry.

Scully: It left crumbs everywhere. And look, Mulder, this milk glass has been completely drained.

Mulder: It gorged itself, Scully. It fed without remorse.

Scully: But why would they leave it milk and cookies?

Mulder: Appeasement. Tonight is the Eve, and nothing can stop its wilding.

Scully: But if this thing does exist, how did it get in? The doors and windows were locked. There's no sign of forced entry.

Mulder: Unless I miss my guess, it came through the fireplace.

Scully: Wait a minute, Mulder. If you are saying some huge creature landed on the roof and came down the chimney, you're crazy. The flue is barely six inches wide. Nothing could get through there.

Mulder: But what if it could alter its shape, move in all directions.

Scully: You mean, like a bowl full of jelly?

Mulder: Exactly. Scully, I've never told anyone this, but when I was a child my home was visited. I saw the creature. It had long white strips of fur surrounding its ruddy, misshapen head. Its bloated torso was red and white. I'll never forget the horror. I turned away, and when I looked back it had somehow taken on the facial features of my father.

Scully: Impossible.

Mulder: I know what I saw. And that night it read my mind. It brought me a Mr. Potato Head, Scully. IT KNEW I WANTED A MR. POTATO HEAD. Scully: I'm sorry, Mulder, but you're asking me to disregard the laws of physics. You want me to believe in some supernatural being who soars across the skies and brings gifts to good little girls and boys. Listen to what you are saying. Do you understand the repercussions? If this gets out, they'll close the X-files.

Mulder: Scully, listen to me: It knows when you are sleeping. It knows when you're awake.

Scully: But we have no proof.

Mulder: Last year, on this exact date, S.E.T.I. radio telescopes detected bogeys in the airspace over twenty-seven states. The White House ordered a Condition Red.

Scully: But that was a meteor shower.

Mulder: Officially. Two days ago, eight prized Scandinavian reindeer vanished from the National Zoo in Washington, D.C. Nobody - not even the zookeeper - was told about it. The government doesn't want people to know about Project Kringle. They fear that if this thing is proved to exist, then the public would stop spending half its annual income in a holiday shopping frenzy. Retail markets will collapse. Scully, they cannot let the world believe this creature lives. There's too much at stake. They'll do whatever it takes to insure another silent night.

Scully: Mulder, I -- Scully: On the roof. It sounds like . . . a clatter.

Mulder: The truth is up there. Let's see what's the matter...