London (change)
Today 13°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 9°C
25/11/2012 at 19:09

Hi Geoff, we're getting there.  Daughter collects keys on Friday and most of the small stuff is packed now so we can all make a few trips and get some of her things up there and unpacked before the 10th. Then it'll just be the larger items with a man in a van. Feel better about it now - at the end of the day it's her happiness thats paramount and she is really looking forward to moving. Not like it's Outer Mongolia !!!

25/11/2012 at 19:11

Aah, got you Geoff! Yes, we have a few of those. A reindeer stuffed toy that nods and sings to Jingle bells, and a fat jolly santa that wiggles his hips side to side to various tunes!

Jean, yes, but only cams. But, I really wouldn't bother. I loved the last 3, but not so impressed with this one. Was very dissapointed.

Dean, our neighbours may be related! They seem to act the same!

25/11/2012 at 19:12

Very good Geoff

25/11/2012 at 19:13

Those are the kiddies-got loads of them

Jean-you will get used to it

25/11/2012 at 19:14

Today's global challenges require the North Pole to continue to look for better, more competitive steps. Effective immediately, the following economy measures are to take place in the "Twelve Days of Christmas" subsidiary:

The partridge will be retained, but the pear tree never turned out to be the cash crop forecasted. It will be replaced by a plastic hanging plant, providing considerable savings in maintenance.

The two turtle doves represent a redundancy that is simply not cost effective. In addition, their romance during working hours could not be condoned. The positions are therefore eliminated.

The three French hens will remain intact. After all, everyone loves the French.

The four calling birds were replaced by an automated voice mail system, with a call waiting option. An analysis is underway to determine who the birds have been calling, how often and how long they talked.

The five golden rings have been put on hold by the Board of Directors. Maintaining a portfolio based on one commodity could have negative implications for institutional investors. Diversification into other precious metals as well as a mix of T-Bills and high technology stocks appear to be in order.

The six geese-a-laying constitutes a luxury which can no longer be afforded. It has long been felt that the production rate of one egg per goose per day is an example of the decline in productivity. Three geese will be let go, and an upgrading in the selection procedure by personnel will assure management that from now on every goose it gets will be a good one.

The seven swans-a-swimming is obviously a number chosen in better times. Their function is primarily decorative. Mechanical swans are on order. The current swans will be retrained to learn some new strokes and therefore enhance their outplacement.

As you know, the eight maids-a-milking concept has been under heavy scrutiny by the EEOC. A male/female balance in the workforce is being sought. The more militant maids consider this a dead-end job with no upward mobility. Automation of the process may permit the maids to try a-mending, a-mentoring or a-mulching.

Nine ladies dancing has always been an odd number. This function will be phased out as these individuals grow older and can no longer do the steps.

Ten Lords-a-leaping is overkill. The high cost of Lords plus the expense of international air travel prompted the Compensation Committee to suggest replacing this group with ten out-of-work congressmen. While leaping ability may be somewhat sacrificed, the savings are significant because we expect an oversupply of unemployed congressmen this year.

Eleven pipers piping and twelve drummers drumming is a simple case of the band getting too big. A substitution with a string quartet, a cut back on new music and no uniforms will produce savings which will drop right down to the bottom line.

We can expect a substantial reduction in assorted people, fowl, animals and other expenses. Though incomplete, studies indicate that stretching deliveries over twelve days is inefficient. If we can drop ship in one day, service levels will be improved.

Regarding the lawsuit filed by the attorney's association seeking expansion to include the legal profession ("thirteen lawyers-a-suing"), action is pending.

Lastly, it is not beyond consideration that deeper cuts may be necessary in the future to stay competitive. Should that happen, the Board will request management to scrutinize the Snow White Division to see if seven dwarfs is the right number.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/christmas%20animations/Hoho003.gif

25/11/2012 at 19:15

Loads of kiddies???

25/11/2012 at 19:17

The toys-I am starting to sound like Dean

25/11/2012 at 19:22

Aaw, that's not a bad thing.

Jess has eaten all the creme chocolates!! I'm left with the nutty ones, and fudge. That plan backfired.

25/11/2012 at 19:23

Geoff just read that out to hubbie - he wants it printed off !

25/11/2012 at 19:25

In reply to Gary's gift selections

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Never give a woman any kind of household appliance or something that is going to make "housework" easier. For instance, a blender, a toaster, a new vacuum, one of those mops they advertise on TV that does everything but suck the life out of you, anything on QVC. One allowed choice is a new washing machine with a turbo spin cycle. (Makes laundry day go by pretty fast when you can at least sit on it during spin-dry and end up smiling the rest of the day.)

2. Any bulk cleaning supplies, "honey, I got you that large box of Ariel you have been wanting." "This Windolene should last you a while." "I got a good deal on the industrial strength toilet bowl cleaner." All I can say is, be prepared to run. .

3. Any sharp objects made by Ronco which slices or dices, or a set of ginsu knives. These may one day be used as a weapon against you when you come home with lipstick on your collar after a "night out with the boys."

4. Do not buy gifts for yourself and pretend they are for her. "Honey, I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of the new drill I bought you." By then she will have put it to good use by drilling a quarter inch hole into the side of your skull for even thinking she would accept such a lame gift. After a gift like this, you probably won't be around for NEXT Christmas.

5. Any lingerie made of flannel, such as a pair of feet pyjamas with a trap door in back. A Little Mermaid or Barney cartoon character nightgown. It gives her the idea that you do not consider her the beautiful woman that she is. Take out that wallet and buy her something sexy from Victoria Secret (just like you did for your mistress or other girlfriend).

6. No name perfume which costs you £1.99, such as Eu de Toilet, which actually smells like the bathroom, mouldy fruit, or your dirty socks. If you are going to buy her perfume, spring for the brand names.

7. Any type of cubic zirconia jewellery you see on the Jewellery Chanel. It will be quite embarrassing when she is showing off that fabulous diamond to her friends and tries to cut glass with it. (We actually test them you know.) Also, now would not be a good time to buy her that set of diamond nipple clamps you always wanted to, you know how we like to show off our jewellery and it could get embarrassing at the New Year's party when she decides to show them off to your buddies.

8. Please do not buy her clothes because you think for one minute you have good taste in woman's clothing. Well, perhaps you might if you are a transvestite, but all in all, believe me, she'll smile and say its beautiful while choking back tears and mumbling under her breath, "were the hell would I ever wear this outfit without being arrested for bad taste?" An additional hint, plaids do not go with stripes (even though you think your golfing outfit looks just fine). Its a known fact to the rest of the world that that is a taboo.

9. Do not give her a gift certificate to Weight Watchers. Most men would know better, especially the ones who have learned the correct response to "do these pants make me look fat." If you are one of the poor souls who still doesn't get it and purchased a gift like this, be prepared for the silent treatment for a month. (Although that may be something you would actually look forward to.) A better alternative would be hiring a Chippendale dancer as a personal trainer to get her motivated into getting fit.

10. Last but not least, never buy a woman anti-wrinkle cream, or a book on "How not to be Nasty Sunday through Saturday." These are not considered gifts, they are considered reasons for seriously injuring the person who bought it and just may stand up in court of law.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/christmas%20animations/llisallindsay035gif.gif

25/11/2012 at 19:38

The twelve days after Christmas~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first day after Christmas
My true love and I had a fight
And so I chopped the pear tree down
And burnt it, just for spite

Then with a single cartridge
I shot that blasted partridge

The second day after Christmas
I pulled on the old rubber gloves
And very gently wrung the necks
Of both the turtle doves

On the third day after Christmas
My mother caught the croup
I had to use the three French hens
To make some chicken soup

The four calling birds were a big mistake For their language was obscene
The five golden rings were completely fake and turned my fingers green.

The sixth day after Christmas
The six laying geese wouldn't lay
So I sent the whole darn gaggle to the
R.S.P.C.A.

On the seventh day, what a mess I foundThe seven swans-a-swimming all had drowned.

The eighth day after Christmas
Before they could suspect
I bundled up the
Eight maids-a-milking
Nine ladies dancing
Ten lords-a-leaping
Eleven pipers piping
Twelve drummers drumming
And sent them back collect

I wrote my true love
"We are through, love!"
And I said in so many words
"Furthermore your Christmas gifts -were just for the Birds!"

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/christmas%20animations/llisallindsay003gif.gif

25/11/2012 at 19:43

That's all forking-folks

25/11/2012 at 20:07

Geoff - Loved them

Here is your prize.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/16033.jpg?width=216&height=216&mode=max

25/11/2012 at 20:18

Yay----------

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/100588.jpg

25/11/2012 at 20:53

For some reason X factor 's on. Just heard the worst rendition of Snowpatrol 's Run I've ever heard in my life .

25/11/2012 at 21:13

Phew daughter arrived home safely(her home). Water had dropped a little. She'll have to break out wellies tomorrow though.

2 films in one day - very unusual for me. Now one - which I have seen before - original Jaws. Not seen it for ages though.

25/11/2012 at 21:14

I watched all 4 of the Jaws films last weekend Bjay! Thoroughly enjoyed them!

25/11/2012 at 21:17

Made in days before mobile phone Now he'd just get on the 'cell phone's' though. 

25/11/2012 at 21:18

Yep.

25/11/2012 at 21:22

XF-just for those who care

Rylan has gone-and really got to like him

Christopher still awful