London (change)
Today 8°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 9°C / 7°C
26/11/2012 at 14:07

That's better! Enough doom and gloom everywhere else. I want to see happy people on here!

26/11/2012 at 14:08

Apologies 

My car insurance dropped as well, couple of weeks ago

Raining again 

26/11/2012 at 14:09

It's a nice feeling isn't it Bjay! Well, it was for me, but I'm easily pleased.

26/11/2012 at 14:12

It is the weather-the time of year-the lack of funds-the end of the world-Merlin finishing and Rylan leaving XFactor-all very depressing

On the bright side- a chicken has just laid an egg

26/11/2012 at 14:18

Yay!! Here's a daft chuck question. Does a certain chuck lay a certain size egg? Ha ha ha. What I mean is, are egg sizes random, or do cetain breeds lay bigger eggs?

26/11/2012 at 14:19
sotongeoff wrote (see)

It is the weather-the time of year-the lack of funds-the end of the world-Merlin finishing ..

Worse than that, I'm afraid.

The Mayan end of the world date is 21 December.

So the last 2 episodes of Merlin won't actually get shown.

26/11/2012 at 14:22

Ok OH just 'bust' the shredder! Has now ordered one off Amazon.

Normally I'm the one at fault by overloading it etc, but this one has gone on for several yrs, complete with a 'note' stuck onto it with instructions not to use for too long nor too many sheets at a time. So who decided to sit & put through all daughter's stuff at once? Not me nor daughter! J.

26/11/2012 at 14:24

A good question-the warrens -which are the brown ones you see in cages-lay a standard egg that is usually large-that is their job in life

All other hens eggs are variable in size and colour-you can even get blue ones.

At the moment from the the five that are laying we have a mixture of small, medium and large

You probably find that the bigger the chicken-and there are some big breeds- lay bigger eggs-I think Lottie has bantams they are small hens -so I expect she gets small eggs.

But they are all lovely-the eggs and the chickens

26/11/2012 at 14:25

OH says 21st December feels like that every year

26/11/2012 at 14:25

Oh no-Gary-Christmas is cancelled

26/11/2012 at 14:27

We may be having Christmas on the other side.

26/11/2012 at 14:30

Oh that is alright then

26/11/2012 at 14:31

Aah, thanks Geoff. Was just wondering !

26/11/2012 at 14:31

The Top Ten Differences Between Cats & Dogs:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10. Dogs come when you call them. Cats take a message and get back to you when they are good and ready.
9. Dogs will let you give them a bath without taking out a contract on your life.
8. Dogs will bark to wake you up if the house is on fire. Cats will quietly sneak out the back door.
7. Dogs will bring you your slippers or the evening newspaper.Cats might bring you a dead mouse(eventually).
6. Dogs will play Frisbee with you all afternoon. Cats will take a three-hour nap.
5. Dogs will sit on the car seat next to you. Cats have to have their own private box or they will not go at all.
4. Dogs will greet you at the door and lick your face when you come home from work. Cats will be mad that you went to work at all.
3. Dogs will sit, lie down, and heel on command. Cats will smirk and walk away.
2. Dogs will tilt their heads and listen whenever you talk. Cats will yawn and close their eyes.
1. Dogs will give you unconditional love forever. Cats will make you pay for every mistake you've ever made since the day you were born.

26/11/2012 at 14:33

Has anybody got any silly game ideas?

Where is Flo?

26/11/2012 at 14:35

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/16035.jpg?width=300&height=300&mode=max

Afties everyone  I wouldn't worry too much about the Mayan calander - they all poisoned themselves. Thats why it ended .

Two problems. Coffee cake or walnut cake ?

What to call Georg/Gary ? Georgry ? Or something else ?

26/11/2012 at 14:40

Moving my gardening books from rickety bookshelf downstairs to smart unused one in spare bedroom. I thought could put rickety one in garage for sesonal stuff - glads, begonias etc. may not happen OH says he'ee have rickety shelf. Any way ound ancient gardening book and it lists things to sow when One of flowers is

Sweet Wivelsfield

Any ideas???

26/11/2012 at 14:40

I have found some Christmas games you can play on line but I don't know how.

Maybe Beck's will know http://xmasfun.com/Games.aspx

26/11/2012 at 14:42
sotongeoff wrote (see)

Has anybody got any game ideas?

Where is Flo?

So how do you play 'Where is Flo?'

26/11/2012 at 14:42

Good news-of a sort-just had pushed through the door a Dominos's Pizza advent calendar-we now have two to play with-the bad news is this was free and I spent 99p.