London (change)
Today 11°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
27/11/2012 at 14:54

When you go to these places and hand over you pound coin-do you do that with a guilty look and also wait for the penny? (I do-on both counts)

Lottie missed the "er" of snip??

Now I recall Alf Bowling

Kids also stick bits of lego up there nose

Ever year I want a drum kit-of any description-never got one yet

27/11/2012 at 15:01

A bit of Christmas telly news-don't get too excited

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/xmas12/

27/11/2012 at 15:02

I wonder if the drum kit needs to be tested. If it's electronic, presumably it has batteries? Or mains amplifiers?

27/11/2012 at 15:04
sotongeoff wrote (see)

A bit of Christmas telly news-don't get too excited

"kayaking Olympians, carols with Katherine Jenkins, the return of Miranda and another sparkly Strictly Come Dancing Special."

Not getting excited is not that hard.

27/11/2012 at 15:09

Lottie, you got it in one! Yesterday she fell 3 times! First, climbing on a plastic chair in the kitchen, which is tiles, and it slipped from under her, the second, she was swinging in between an armchair and the sofa, on the arms, and fell on her face, and the third time, she tried to jump on the settee, but failed miserably and landed on her bum with a thud! She will never learn!

Gary, drums are only kiddy ones, so no amplifiers!! Just batteries. And they work. This is the item! Picture courtesy of ebay!!

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/16061.jpg?width=128&height=140&mode=max

27/11/2012 at 15:12
27/11/2012 at 15:18

Those drums look titchy-Ringo Starr has a lot to answer for

27/11/2012 at 15:19

A synthesiser for leap pad, or karaoke for leap pad, will be required next.

Gator Golf encourges kids to become pro golfers. It's a popular sport for women these days. You need to instill good habits from the start. Make sure Jess never practises her swing facing the TV (or a window).

27/11/2012 at 15:23

Afternoon all.  Apologies for absence yesterday - had a bad migraine and couldn't look at anything bright, typical that it was sunny here too!  Am going to school tomorrow to work with groups of 9-11 year olds whose project is the 1960s - I am a living relic.  I've been thinking about what I remember most about that time as I was in school then and the things that stands out most for me were the Aberfan disaster, the moon landing and The Beatles.

Hope everyone is OK and not having any rain - dry and bright here all day so far

Some great buys there Becks.  I keep meaning to have a go myself.

27/11/2012 at 15:26

Geoff, she's only 3!! How tall do you think she is? They do come to over my knees height, so just right for her. And no, I don't wait for my penny/ies!

She does already have a golf and caddy set, which she will combine with these, as she has lost the plastic 'holes' to her current one.

27/11/2012 at 15:31

Becks, that sounds normal! By the way those experiences were all with just one of the boys! I nearly had a reserved seat in A&E.

Geoff, I don't mean a sniper - there's a site you can use that bids for you at the last minute - or a few seconds before the auction closes, but I can't remember the web address, as its set up on home computer. Will have to look it up later.

I have heard that Dan Stevens (Matthew) is leaving Downton!

27/11/2012 at 15:34

I was thinking of getting  a set-now you tell me they wont suit-well another Christmas wish has been crossed of the list

Hello Caz-don't forget the long winter of 1963 with snow hanging about till April and the1966 World Cup Willie triumph

27/11/2012 at 15:37

Lottie still think it is called a sniper-like this

https://www.goofbid.com/free_ebay_sniper.html

but might be wrong

27/11/2012 at 15:46

Had forgotten about the long winter of '63 which was great for us kids - we would go to school and then get sent straight back home as all the toilets would be frozen (no indoor ones then).

27/11/2012 at 15:47

Lottie - Downton won't be the same without handsome Dan

27/11/2012 at 15:53

Harold Wilson -the pound in your pocket

Profumo scandal

Moors Murders

Start of BBC2

Phone Boxes

LSD-drug and money

27/11/2012 at 16:00

Top of the Pops

What was happening in the home - is that the period when people began to have family cars, and telephones, and fridges - or was that earlier

Who was presenting the gardening program on TV

What is the most memorable advert, from ITV

When did holidays abroad become popular

27/11/2012 at 16:05

Hmm - think I'd better stick to just the money LSD Geoff .  Was a 5/- crown in everyday use then?  My auntie used to go to Spain in the late 60s and we all thought that was really exotic.

27/11/2012 at 16:15

Sniper! Who mentioned sniper? Where?

http://www.ghilliesuitwarehouse.com/product_images/f/499/bushrag_ultralight_ghillie_suit_woodland_sm_nw__43929_thumb.jpg

Used to wear these, (Ghillie Suit) Made you look like "Big Foot" 

27/11/2012 at 16:17

Hi Dean - you certainly have a very interesting selection of clothes in your wardrobe