London (change)
Today 9°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 10°C
29/11/2012 at 17:19

It's not a sliceable sort Bjay. Like an Eve's pudding but using ground almonds instead of flour in the normal sponge topping. Am hoping it'll be ok as first time done in this oven, so not sure of new timing. Will check soon. J.

29/11/2012 at 17:22

Oh flipping heck! OH has now moved some of the propped up paintings to just where an accident is waiting to happen...... J.

29/11/2012 at 17:25

Oh Jo  He He

29/11/2012 at 17:29

S'alright, shall move them back again! J.

29/11/2012 at 17:51

Have we discovered what Dean actually does yet?

29/11/2012 at 18:00

Dean---a seven hour presentation??????????Hard to imagine--unless a large part of it is hands-on.Nonetheless, it seems like more than one evening's work, even for Superman!

29/11/2012 at 18:11

Hi Inka, yes 7hrs of what?

The monthly collection of our waste paper wheely bin has not occurred today! Everybody's bin all neatly still outside their drives....

It is going back to fortnightly sometime soon- good- along with the bottle collection, but the general waste is going from weekly to 2 weekly & the garden/foodwaste will be weekly!!

Off to dish up meal now. J.

29/11/2012 at 18:17

I have read that our weekly general waste collections are safe for the next 5 years

http://www.southampton.gov.uk/news-events/latest-news/weeklycollectionssafe.aspx

presumably the recycling will continue fortnightly but they are looking to make savings somewhere-that is still to be disclosed.

29/11/2012 at 18:23

Ha! Ha! Beck's! I would not Dare tell ya about some initiations!

Got my 3 n half hours classroom work sorted! All on various memory sticks! Just a case of getting em in order! The practical 3 n half hour bit I can Wing! 

Geoff! Honest! Nothing existing! Just go with the politics! Policie's n bullshit! Opp!s!! Don't wanna be crude! 

N really need to cut my toe nails!!!! 

29/11/2012 at 18:37

Inka! Just clocked your post! I'lll just run with it! Se how we go! 

29/11/2012 at 18:39

At least you lot have re-cycling, IN bins, waste IN bins. Not plastic bags. Yuk

29/11/2012 at 18:40

Exciting! That should read Geoff! Thanks spell checker! 

29/11/2012 at 18:45

Oh hard luck Bjay.

We have 4 full size wheely bins to store. We're lucky as have space at the side/back of houses to store them, but some modern terrace types have to keep them at their fronts- not nice to look at, nor smell in one situation as South facing!,

Some people do have smaller ones for bottles & the paper collection. They must have struggled with it going from 2weekly originally to the now monthly. Still by May apparently, should all be on the 'new' times. J.

29/11/2012 at 18:56

Right! In Readiness of the day coming! Shalll bid goodnight! 

I Have a boot full of freebies! Thank god it is dark n OH Can't see! Goodnight all! I'm Knackered! 

29/11/2012 at 19:19

Night DD-dont let the bed-bugs bite

29/11/2012 at 19:42

Well, good night to you--not even noon here on a rainy blustery day. Just went outside to discover a clematus montana ripped right out of the ground--probably by a raccoon trying to get at the compost, blast her eyes! Have reburied it-fingers crossed!

29/11/2012 at 20:05

Have been out today covering plants and protecting my 2 olive trees as it is cold and bright and will be colder tomorrow with 'wintry showers'. We still have road closures in this area from the flooding but not as bad as other parts of country.

I have a clematis montana, it was plantde in the spring and now the leaves have dropped am surprised at its progress. It will ramble up through a lilac eventually. it's a pink one

had some books and baby toys off Amazon today so I guess Christmas is actually on the way. OH got 'Christmas' down from the loft as well.

29/11/2012 at 20:51
Evening all, sorry not to have clocked in this a.m., but got up late, so had to dash. Then took me time to scrape heavy frost off windscreen. Got there just in time for my class.

I've only seen the sunshine out of the window today and dark when I drove home. Lying on the settee, can't be bothered to do anything.
Glyn
29/11/2012 at 21:13

Very quiet again on here just popped in as I was going to watch iplayer but couldn't get onto it. Thought I'd try here after 10mins and I'm on, but too late for programme I wanted.

29/11/2012 at 22:12

Evening Glyn

More jungle tv for me-and now off to bed