Start a new thread

12,921 to 12,940 of 29,275 replies

Lottiebeans

Same with us Geoff, we called our second one Calum, didn't know of anyone with that name - now its really common!! (And because we spelt it with one L everyone spells it wrong!)

There are 4 Olivers in the Cub pack!

Flo, thought it might get shortened to Will, or even Freddie, both of which I prefer to Wilfred.

Miss Becks

Well, that's the last of the ebay stuff collected. NOT looking anymore. I cave in too easy.

Bjay, I have problems with the iplayer when I put it on the laptop, but it's that old, I'm surprised it powers up these days.

My dad and his wife popped over before I took Jess to nursery with her 'special' advent calander. It has individual gifts all wrapped up for each day! Shall we have 2 on the go for this years 'Guess the Advent' , and I'll take a pic of each pressie each day, and you can guess the shape??

Caz W

Hi forkers - hope you're all keeping warm.

Becks what a fantastic advent calendar that is - such a good idea.  Bet Jess will love it and think it's a great guessing game for us too .

Miss Becks

Cool. I'll have to beat her to it, and prise it out her hands every morning to photo it!

Matty2

That looks lovely. Maybe when little one is older......

I thought earlier today I may get my Mum a choco one. She might appreciate it. Especially as she loves Choco

The problem here is the broad band, too many people on it and CRASH

Advertisement

Caz W

Are you feeling better today Becks?  Wonder if we'll get our Christmas smileys tomorrow?

Caz W

Hi Bjay.  Just been catching up on previous posts and you were asking about making birdcakes with lard - I always do that and the birds love it.  As well as being cheaper you can add lots of kitchen scraps to it - breadcrumbs, cheese, cereal, oats, dried fruit ....

Miss Becks

No, not really Caz, bit worse to be honest, but hey ho, life goes on. If the site crashes and goes down tonight, may be a sign of smileys. If it crashes to badly, we may not get them at all!

Bjay, gotcha now. Too much internet traffic.

Matty2

BRRRRRR!!!!!!

Just stuck my head outside the door.(to call in cat) The bird fountain is freezing up

Thanks for that Caz. Will give it a go but if my cat won't come in birds will desert us.

Gary Hobson

Bird water was all frozen this morning. So had to do a job with a kettle.

Looking forward to smileys and assorted calendar quizes tomorrow. Though if smileys have to be installed during working hours, there's a chance that might not happen till Monday.

Miss Becks

Bjay!! For some reason you came to mind when I just saw this!

Another cooking recipie!

Miss Becks

Oooh, gary, just remembered, aren't you going to reveal to us the purpose for you having a 'suit' tomorrow?

Caz W

Hi Gary - after taking the kettle out yesterday and today I must try to remember to tip the water out of the 2 small bird baths (large plant saucers) at night so they will just need to be filled in the morning.  Sounds a good idea but if its freezing cold will have to ask OH to do it as I wont want to go outside then 

Gary Hobson

It's a bit like Christmas Eve - anxiously waiting to see if Santa will bring us some smilies and calendars. Maybe we'll be disappointed. I'm having some doubts about whether Santa really exists.

Miss Becks

Can't believe you just said that Gary. I think a stint in the corner for you is required, to reflect on what you just said.

Advertisement

Miss Becks

I've just had a thought!! Maybe Dean is really Father Christmas!!!!!!

All those 'freebies' are from the elves workshop, when they've made too many of something! And his '7 hour presentation' today is really a 'Run-through' with the reindeers to make sure it all goes with millitary precision!! I mean, come on, there's a lot to do on 'the' night!! He's got to make sure they get it right!

Caz W

Gary - you know that Christmas list of things you want .........

sotongeoff

Afternoon all-have been gallivanting to the shops-

I think you may be on to something here Becks with Dean-he won't tell us what he does -he has some strange language- "claims" to go to bed early-but the North Pole is not an quick and easy commute..................

Caz-where have you been?

I see there us now an advent calendar competition to the right-so with the Simpsons,the Becks special and the Domino Pizza one we are raring to go

Matty2

Wow a gardeners calender. All we need are the smilies and well Let the festivities begin

Car still has puncture. OH has had a sulk Blokey next door has not come to help. Ho problem I thought, car is 2 years old and I thought part of sales pitch was breakdown. Rang Checked. NO

So with my heating allowance thought i couls get Mayday cover. No. Why because niaive me said car had puncture so then classed as not roadworthy, so they wouldn't even give me a quote. AAArgh

And what is more had rel problems getting on here today