London (change)
Today 17°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 10°C
30/11/2012 at 14:21

Same with us Geoff, we called our second one Calum, didn't know of anyone with that name - now its really common!! (And because we spelt it with one L everyone spells it wrong!)

There are 4 Olivers in the Cub pack!

Flo, thought it might get shortened to Will, or even Freddie, both of which I prefer to Wilfred.

30/11/2012 at 15:03

Well, that's the last of the ebay stuff collected. NOT looking anymore. I cave in too easy.

Bjay, I have problems with the iplayer when I put it on the laptop, but it's that old, I'm surprised it powers up these days.

My dad and his wife popped over before I took Jess to nursery with her 'special' advent calander. It has individual gifts all wrapped up for each day! Shall we have 2 on the go for this years 'Guess the Advent' , and I'll take a pic of each pressie each day, and you can guess the shape??

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/16165.jpg?width=512&height=350&mode=max

30/11/2012 at 15:08

Hi forkers - hope you're all keeping warm.

Becks what a fantastic advent calendar that is - such a good idea.  Bet Jess will love it and think it's a great guessing game for us too .

30/11/2012 at 15:11

Cool. I'll have to beat her to it, and prise it out her hands every morning to photo it!

30/11/2012 at 15:14

That looks lovely. Maybe when little one is older......

I thought earlier today I may get my Mum a choco one. She might appreciate it. Especially as she loves Choco

The problem here is the broad band, too many people on it and CRASH

30/11/2012 at 15:14

Are you feeling better today Becks?  Wonder if we'll get our Christmas smileys tomorrow?

30/11/2012 at 15:17

Hi Bjay.  Just been catching up on previous posts and you were asking about making birdcakes with lard - I always do that and the birds love it.  As well as being cheaper you can add lots of kitchen scraps to it - breadcrumbs, cheese, cereal, oats, dried fruit ....

30/11/2012 at 15:19

No, not really Caz, bit worse to be honest, but hey ho, life goes on. If the site crashes and goes down tonight, may be a sign of smileys. If it crashes to badly, we may not get them at all!

Bjay, gotcha now. Too much internet traffic.

30/11/2012 at 15:20

BRRRRRR!!!!!!

Just stuck my head outside the door.(to call in cat) The bird fountain is freezing up

Thanks for that Caz. Will give it a go but if my cat won't come in birds will desert us.

30/11/2012 at 15:29

Bird water was all frozen this morning. So had to do a job with a kettle.

Looking forward to smileys and assorted calendar quizes tomorrow. Though if smileys have to be installed during working hours, there's a chance that might not happen till Monday.

30/11/2012 at 15:32

Bjay!! For some reason you came to mind when I just saw this! Another cooking recipie!

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/16166.jpg?width=397&height=350&mode=max

30/11/2012 at 15:33

Oooh, gary, just remembered, aren't you going to reveal to us the purpose for you having a 'suit' tomorrow?

30/11/2012 at 15:35

Hi Gary - after taking the kettle out yesterday and today I must try to remember to tip the water out of the 2 small bird baths (large plant saucers) at night so they will just need to be filled in the morning.  Sounds a good idea but if its freezing cold will have to ask OH to do it as I wont want to go outside then 

30/11/2012 at 15:49

It's a bit like Christmas Eve - anxiously waiting to see if Santa will bring us some smilies and calendars. Maybe we'll be disappointed. I'm having some doubts about whether Santa really exists.

30/11/2012 at 15:51

Can't believe you just said that Gary. I think a stint in the corner for you is required, to reflect on what you just said.

30/11/2012 at 15:56

I've just had a thought!! Maybe Dean is really Father Christmas!!!!!!

All those 'freebies' are from the elves workshop, when they've made too many of something! And his '7 hour presentation' today is really a 'Run-through' with the reindeers to make sure it all goes with millitary precision!! I mean, come on, there's a lot to do on 'the' night!! He's got to make sure they get it right!

30/11/2012 at 16:07

Gary - you know that Christmas list of things you want .........

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/16167.jpg?width=366&height=350&mode=max

30/11/2012 at 16:26

First calendar has just come down the chimney...

http://www.gardenersworld.com/AdventCalendar2012

There is a Santa!!!!

30/11/2012 at 16:29

Afternoon all-have been gallivanting to the shops-

I think you may be on to something here Becks with Dean-he won't tell us what he does -he has some strange language- "claims" to go to bed early-but the North Pole is not an quick and easy commute..................

Caz-where have you been?

I see there us now an advent calendar competition to the right-so with the Simpsons,the Becks special and the Domino Pizza one we are raring to go

30/11/2012 at 16:36

Wow a gardeners calender. All we need are the smilies and well Let the festivities begin

Car still has puncture. OH has had a sulk Blokey next door has not come to help. Ho problem I thought, car is 2 years old and I thought part of sales pitch was breakdown. Rang Checked. NO

So with my heating allowance thought i couls get Mayday cover. No. Why because niaive me said car had puncture so then classed as not roadworthy, so they wouldn't even give me a quote. AAArgh

And what is more had rel problems getting on here today