London (change)
Today 15°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 9°C
05/12/2012 at 12:30

Oh nooooo!  Thought I'd enter the Advent Calendar comp. while soup is brewing. NO DOORS! Have tried twice. Will have to hope they're back later.

05/12/2012 at 12:41

Afternoon lovelies.

Won't be stopping online. We're having a duvet day, curled up on the sofa keeping warm.

Todays pressie contained 2 items. The clue for the main thing is you only need one finger for this.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/16355.jpg?width=274&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/16356.jpg?width=274&height=350&mode=max

Right, I'm away to crawl back under the quilt. Catch you all later.

Ooh, Geoff, Choccie - Door wreath?

05/12/2012 at 12:45

Finger puppet and bubble blowing stuff. Enjoy your snuggling, get well soon, Becks.

For those who were panicking on my behalf ... anyone ...?  The doors are back and I've entered.

05/12/2012 at 12:47

Finger puppet-definitely finger puppet-it is a finger puppet

Get well soon Jess/Becks

Flo-the windows are there-wot are you not seeing?-did you click on enter now ??

05/12/2012 at 13:25

I have entered todays competition.

Hmm, today's present could be a finger puppet but it could also be finger paint!  

Off out to do a bit of shopping now.

Catch you all later!

05/12/2012 at 13:27

Oh Becks I do hope you both get well soon.

Yo-yo and a lollipop

All this talk of the advent calender made me pop back to make sure I had pressed submit. I had 

Have just removed rickety book shelf to garage despite OH moans. Amazing how much more spacious it all looks and I now have somewhere to put my bird food as well as  boxes of corms and agapaanthus that willl be frost free. Thing is now I have to clean windows as they are now within reach and can be seen

05/12/2012 at 13:37

Hi everyone.

Most options for something you can use one finger for have been covered, was going to say finger puppet too and sugar mouse.

05/12/2012 at 13:54

Just ordered dog food - although at the moment I have plenty thinking about deliveries thought I'd better do it today. Also ordered a nice fleece royal stewart coat (It's even got a collar) for him as he does feel the cold, and he had to have a Christmas pressie. 

Right now tto clean the windows

05/12/2012 at 13:59

Have done more wrapping-square things are easy-the odd shapes a bit more challenging-still need to work out how to wrap a really heavy chicken stone ornament

05/12/2012 at 14:09

My guess for the finger pressie...

Well, what kids really want is a magic finger, like the one ET has in the film.

The pressie is an E.T. Finger Light...

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/16364.jpg?width=713&height=245&mode=max

05/12/2012 at 14:11

Geoff - get a box or do a treasure hunt ending with the greenhouse and then you only need to put a ribbon round its neck

05/12/2012 at 14:13

Good thinking batman

Gary-are you sure??

05/12/2012 at 14:35

Today's chocky guesses so far-are-with the clue "close to home"

Lottie-car

TCB-Christmas tree

Twinks-ship

Flo-house

Georg-chicken

Snowgirl-dog

the nightowl elf-door wreath

Will reveal the answer around 5pm-any more efforts?

05/12/2012 at 15:03

Hmm, won't be getting one of those Gary!

Done a bit of shopping and bought a lovely little fleecy sleepsuit for Wilfred. But I bought a 3-6 months one - he's already too big for first size clothes!

Have checked and I've never bought a lottery ticket in Hertfordshire, let alone Stevenage, so it isn't me.

05/12/2012 at 15:22

I's back! Heating on- engineer just about remembering to shut the front door - he's waiting for the boiler whistle to start! It drove me mad last night!

Have entered the GW comp. Now to catch up- am supposed to be writing letters for inside the cards...... J.

05/12/2012 at 15:31

Jo -what was the roller-coaster from yesterday?

Checked my premium bonds this morning-won £50

05/12/2012 at 15:34

Geoff- chocolate chimney pot.

Becks- I too thought of yo-yo.

We've had our first Christmas card & I had another birthday card.

Not a peep out of the boiler yet... J.

05/12/2012 at 15:42

Roller coaster- was my birthday, nice pressies. Then spent morning at hospital course realising needing psychiatric help- more about a previous medical situation now 5yrs ago than present. Howled on nurses' shoulder & set others in the group off too! Other 'family' things going on as well. So not the best day really.

Today coping better.

Still no sign of 'sparkes' though..... J.

05/12/2012 at 16:13

Oh I see- an up and down day-not a trip to Alton Towers

Birthday was yesterday?-were we told?

Answer noted

05/12/2012 at 16:30

No didnt say, but no problem. That's why had 'Italian' last Friday!

'Sparks' no show, so engineer not best pleased! Have extractor fan in ceiling & cant use..... & boiler hasnt uttered a peep-typical!

Have I written any letters? no.

Off to rehang bathroom curtains now. If you hear a crash...... J.