London (change)
Today 17°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 11°C
06/12/2012 at 13:50

There was an emergency option when I phoned, but what do you class as an emergency?? She's still jumping around and playing normally, although I have kept her off nursery. I don't know.

06/12/2012 at 13:52

An emergency doctor's appointment is when it is not an A & E job-you should have gone for that

06/12/2012 at 14:03

I just phoned back, and she's got an appointment at 4pm. That'll do me.

06/12/2012 at 14:04

Yay-I never doubted the doctors surgery for one minute

06/12/2012 at 14:07

I did, useless F*****rs. I asked for an appointment for myself as well, at the same time, and she no, no spaces left.

Only 2 entries so far???

Kate:        
Geoff:        balloon and more bubbles again
Bjay:        Bracelet and choco
Gary:        
Flo:        
Jo:        
Kaz:        
Dean:        
Hollie:            
Glyn:            
Chris:            
Jean:            
Inka:            
Miss B:            
Pam:        
Pottiepam:        
Lottie:           

06/12/2012 at 14:09

Good, glad to hear you got an appointment Becks. My guess for today would be a bracelet and some sweets. 

Can anyone else see the hamburger sweater? Uggh!

I had home made pumpkin soup for lunch, made with the last of the big green pumpkin, which had lovely orange flesh and was quite sweet. I wonder if I can grow another of those next year? Have saved some seeds.

I'm running Cubs tonight as Akela is going to a football match - and being the recipient of some corporate hospitality so a meal and posh seats, not in the stands with the riff-raff. I'd still rather stay at home to be honest.

06/12/2012 at 14:10

What are you dealing with there-a bunch of idiots

Is Jess taking herself to surgery-getting treatment a prescription and going to chemists alone-do they not realise she will be accompanied

Lottie-had to change browsers just for you too look at the hamburger sweater-at £28 a snip-trouble is it is sold out-that means there are some really lucky people out there-sadly I will not be amongst them

06/12/2012 at 14:26

I'll look at both competions in a bit. Have done the GW one already.

The final piece of 'roller coaster' has been sorted. Daughter is in the proccess of buying her first house, but wouldnt tell me, as scared to!! OH knew & was decidedly unhappy with the situation & so told me- hence me feeling even worse about her not telling me. Didnt care not the first- Dads & daughters & all that. OH told daughter that I knew & still nothing said. Thought she'd come clean whist at GC this morning, no. Does she know how difficult it's been for me not to say anything?!!

Then we get home, she opens her PC & says 'do you want to look at the house?'!!

Lucky so n so will get a long, south facing garden, plus a good size front too. Has already assumed that Mum will 'do' it for her but didnt like the request for petrol £ & expenses!! She has actually done well. Good location, not the best in that area, but the next door so to speak. Work to be done so can add value etc- all those sessions of Location, Location paid off!

So that's another weight off mind. She needs her own space, especially with all her stuff. That means ours will appear emptier -yay- & so easier for us to get ready to sell! In the meantime we need to decide on where to- using the 'little house' as a base for exploring around there & w/ends in Manchester to explore another area I'd always loved & far enough away from daughter's not to be crowding her!

Becks well done for perservering with GPs. That was the correct route. A&E only for emergencies, which as Jess, though still unwell, wasnt. Good luck. J.

06/12/2012 at 14:28

The thing is, the doctors are really great, it's just the system that lets it down. But it never used to be like this. You'd phone up, and get an appointment pretty much straight away. Don't know why it's changed. Oh well. Not the place for moaning! This is the Happy thread, or supposed to be!

Lottie, your guess is noted!

Thanks jo.

06/12/2012 at 14:31

Jo that is great news-don't get the need for secrecy though-did she think you wouldn't notice

Now where is that avatar picture?

Going to find some dirty jokes to lighten the mood

06/12/2012 at 14:40

Jo, I'd be throwing a party if any of mine suggested moving out! I don't know when they ever will - house prices are so expensive here I don't know how they will ever afford it. Plan is to sell the house out from under them....But I can understand your daughter keeping it secret and not wanting to upset you. I moved out gradually when I left home to move in with OH - my mum said one day she realised I wasn't coming home any more.

My doctor is lovely (not that I see much of him) but the reception staff are dragons.

06/12/2012 at 14:42

Lottie, yeah, that's like ours! They sort of snarl at you as you approach the desk!

06/12/2012 at 14:44

My guess for today's Advent pressie -

Haribo Magic Mix featuring flying bear on broomstick carrying magic wand,
plus bubble blowing thing, and balloon.

Doctors' surgeries around here are very officious about making appointments, and won't see anything that has not been prearranged and booked (unless really desperate). People can't get two things seen to at the same appointment.

06/12/2012 at 14:51

Afternoon Forkers.  Great news about Inka's friend - bet she doesn't realise that there are so many people here who don't know her who are wishing her well.

Becks & Jess - I think there must be some course all doctors' receptionists are sent on to turn them into dragons before they can deal with any patients - ours are just as bad.  Hope you & Jess can get some good medication to sort you out before her birthday and Christmas.  My guess for today is a necklace and some choccy coins.

Gary - if you kept chickens I wouldn't eat their eggs .

What is a female elf called?

A shelf

06/12/2012 at 14:51

Entry noted Gary.

What do you call a chicken in a shell suit?

An egg!

06/12/2012 at 14:52

Oops - forgot to say Rudolph for Geoff's advent calendar.

06/12/2012 at 14:53

Two unemployed guys are talking. One says, "I'm going to become a lion tamer."

The other replies, "That's crazy, you don't know nothing about no lion taming."

"Yes I do!"

"Well, OK, answer me this. When one of those lions comes at you all roaring and biting, what you gonna do?"

"Well, then I take that big chair they all carry, and I stick it in his face until he backs down."

"Well, what if the lion takes that big paw, and hooks the chair with them big claws, and throws that chair out of the cage? What do you do then?"

"Well, then I takes that whip they all carry, and I whip him and whip him until he backs down."

"Well, what if that lion bites that whip with his big teeth, and bites it in two? What you gonna do then?"

"Well, then I take that gun they all carry, and I shoot him."

"Well, what if that gun doesn't work? What will you do then?"

"Well, then I pick up some of the shit that's on the bottom of the cage, and I throw it in his eyes, and I run out of
the cage."

"Well, what if there ain't no shit in the bottom of the cage? What you gonna do then?"

"Well, that's dumb. Cause if that lion comes at me, and he throws the chair out of the cage, and he bites the whip in two, and my gun don't work, there's going to be some shit on the bottom of that cage, you can bet on that."

06/12/2012 at 15:01

Q. Why did the man put his money in the freezer?

A. He wanted cold hard cash!

Q. What did the porcupine say to the cactus?

A. "Is that you mommy?"

Q. What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?

A. Frostbite.

Q. How do crazy people go through the forest?

A. They take the psycho path.

Q. What do prisoners use to call each other?

A. Cell phones.

Q. What do you get from a pampered cow?

A. Spoiled milk.

Q. Where do polar bears vote?

A. The North Poll

Q. What did Geronimo say when he jumped out of the airplane?

A. ME!!!

Q. Where do snowmen keep their money?

A. In snow banks.

Q. What's brown and sticky?

A. A stick.

Q. Why do sea-gulls fly over the sea?

A. Because if they flew over the bay they would be bagels!

Q. What dog keeps the best time?

A. A watch dog.

Q. Why did the tomato turn red?

A. It saw the salad dressing!

Q. What did the grape do when it got stepped on?

A. It let out a little wine!

Q. How do you make a tissue dance?

A. Put a little boogey in it!

Q. Where do bees go to the bathroom?

A. At the BP station!

Q. What did the judge say when the skunk walked in the court room?

A. Odor in the court.

Q. What did the water say to the boat?

A. Nothing, it just waved.

Q. What did the fish say when he swam into the wall?

A. Dam!

Q. Why don't skeletons fight each other?

A. They don't have the guts.

06/12/2012 at 15:46

Q: What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?
A: Frostbite.

Q: Why does Santa Claus like to go down the chimney?
A: Because it soots him!

Q: What do Santa's elves do after school?
A: Their gnomework!

Q: What do snowmen like to eat for breakfast?
A: Frosted Flakes!

Q: What is a parent's favorite Christmas carol?
A: Silent Night.

Q: What is the fear of Santa Claus called?
A: Claustrophobia

Q: What nationality is Santa Claus?
A: North Polish!

Q: What does Tarzan sing and Christmas?
A: Jungle Bells!

Q: Why does Santa have a garden?
A: So he can hoe, hoe, hoe!

Q: Why did the dog hand up his stocking at Christmas?
A: He was waiting for Santa Paws.

Q: Why is it cold on Christmas?
A: Because it's in Decembrrrrrrrrr!

06/12/2012 at 16:18