Start a new thread

14,381 to 14,400 of 29,275 replies

jo4eyes

Blimey Bjay, that's awful. Store manager & bank again repeatedly until someone owns up & sorts it out! Point out too the cost of sorting it out- all the calls/inconvenience etc. Bad at any time of year, but not now- lay it on really thick- pensioners etc etc.

Rain- is it really 12 months? Gosh, you & me both then. I'm terrified of slipping too. I know what you mean by 'dry frost'. You can then judge where to walk etc much easier. I've got some of those grippers- must try them out sometime. Probably around garden fiorst, knowing my clumsiness.

Have moved the seed & niger seed feeders around in an effort to foil the squirrels. Now have the spare seed feeder at the front of house- dont mind too much about any self-seeding there. I can just about see it from the kitchen window. It does show how much the front shrubs have thickened out since I last put a feeder out front. Hanging one now on the Ginko just isnt visible from inside. J.

Rainjustlearning

Thanks Geoff,  that PC cleaner is awesome and boy does this laptop run faster now and whats even better I have some Christmas Smileys yeeeeeee haaaaaaa   

Gary Hobson

Sometimes it can take more than a day for debits to get reflected on a bank statement.

Did you decide to pay by cash, or did you walk away without any goods.

If you did pay by cash, then presumably you've got a receipt saying that. If you could then get a bank statement, which says that the same amount was debited to your account, at about the same time, then surely that's good enough proof.

sotongeoff

Another result for the cleaner-I should be on commission-you should use it around once a week

Lottiebeans

Know what you mean, Rain - I had to drive over a nasty patch of ice on my way in this morning. Its where the water runs off a hill and over the road then freezes. I tiptoe over it, but other people don't and there was an accident a couple of days ago.

Got the Cubs Christmas party tonight - although we are actually having a Hannukkah party - helps make them aware of other religions and festivals. They don't mind as long as they have a party!

Advertisement

Matty2

I used another card. The thing is we decided not to get cash fromATM as were not sure how much shopping would come to I have all receipts just really p****d off. And yes Jo I did lay on the pensioner thing!! (no festive smlileys fro me today - not in the mood)

sotongeoff

Have fun with small boys-and girls tonight Lottie-when are we going to see a festive persona?

Have actually bought an actual Christmas pressie this afternoon-off again in the morning

Matty2

Just shredded loads of defunct stuff - amazing how destroying something makes you feel better

jo4eyes

Well done Bjay. Agree, pruning also very theraputic.

The 'b' boiler whistling again! Didnt do it at all this morning & I was lying awake waiting for it!!

Postie just been & I dont owe the taxman anything- yay! J.

Matty2

A while ago I cut down the previous garden to relieve stress. When eldest son came home he suggested I made a garden, that was it, became hooked on it and then needed bigger garden which i now have

As for feet I am terrified of slipping on the ice. If i aggravate foot any more i don't know what else can be done!!

jo4eyes

Daughter queried who cards were from. Said not addressed to her & virtually every card has her included!

Having homemade red pepper pasta sauce on plain pasta for meal. Now what do I do with those mushrooms? Drat! J.

jo4eyes

Posts crossed Bjay.

Yes the garden bug does 'bite' doesnt it? If daughter gets the house then I shall have a sunny one too!

Matty2

Sent daughter that clip of the chinese dancers - very much her thing - immediate reply (unusual) She wants to go see them!!!!! 

sotongeoff

Another Amazon order-I must stop

sotongeoff
solent knight wrote (see)

Choccy guesses update~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flofairy-glitter-ball

Lottie--bell

PS-glitter-ball- round chocolate tree decoration type thingy

Georg-pew

Nightowl Elf-sir brucie

TB-star

Have I missed anyone?

Any-more?- will reveal answer shortly

Advertisement

FloBear
Lottiebeans wrote (see)

Got the Cubs Christmas party tonight - although we are actually having a Hannukkah party - helps make them aware of other religions and festivals. They don't mind as long as they have a party!

That's the right attitude - well done Cubs!

sotongeoff

Did you rescue any dogs this afternoon Flo?

FloBear

Had three phone calls asking us to take dogs in  Couldn't help, we took 3 in this morning, one of which is probably pregnant.

Oh!!!! I've just twigged. Solent Knight (Holey Knight) 
Only took me about 9 hours

sotongeoff

I put a lot of fort into these sudonyms-this was one of my best -or so I thought

So what happens to the doggies?

FloBear

We just have to hope that another rescue can take them - though they're all full to bursting - or a kind friend of the person.

Sorry bout yore sudenym efferts - I think the fault lies with my brain - what was that cleaner thing you recommended to make pcs run faster?