London (change)
Today 15°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
13/12/2012 at 15:02

Blimey Bjay, that's awful. Store manager & bank again repeatedly until someone owns up & sorts it out! Point out too the cost of sorting it out- all the calls/inconvenience etc. Bad at any time of year, but not now- lay it on really thick- pensioners etc etc.

Rain- is it really 12 months? Gosh, you & me both then. I'm terrified of slipping too. I know what you mean by 'dry frost'. You can then judge where to walk etc much easier. I've got some of those grippers- must try them out sometime. Probably around garden fiorst, knowing my clumsiness.

Have moved the seed & niger seed feeders around in an effort to foil the squirrels. Now have the spare seed feeder at the front of house- dont mind too much about any self-seeding there. I can just about see it from the kitchen window. It does show how much the front shrubs have thickened out since I last put a feeder out front. Hanging one now on the Ginko just isnt visible from inside. J.

13/12/2012 at 15:02

Thanks Geoff,  that PC cleaner is awesome and boy does this laptop run faster now and whats even better I have some Christmas Smileys yeeeeeee haaaaaaa   

13/12/2012 at 15:03

Sometimes it can take more than a day for debits to get reflected on a bank statement.

Did you decide to pay by cash, or did you walk away without any goods.

If you did pay by cash, then presumably you've got a receipt saying that. If you could then get a bank statement, which says that the same amount was debited to your account, at about the same time, then surely that's good enough proof.

13/12/2012 at 15:07

Another result for the cleaner-I should be on commission-you should use it around once a week

13/12/2012 at 15:08

Know what you mean, Rain - I had to drive over a nasty patch of ice on my way in this morning. Its where the water runs off a hill and over the road then freezes. I tiptoe over it, but other people don't and there was an accident a couple of days ago.

Got the Cubs Christmas party tonight - although we are actually having a Hannukkah party - helps make them aware of other religions and festivals. They don't mind as long as they have a party!

13/12/2012 at 15:31

I used another card. The thing is we decided not to get cash fromATM as were not sure how much shopping would come to I have all receipts just really p****d off. And yes Jo I did lay on the pensioner thing!! (no festive smlileys fro me today - not in the mood)

13/12/2012 at 16:07

Have fun with small boys-and girls tonight Lottie-when are we going to see a festive persona?

Have actually bought an actual Christmas pressie this afternoon-off again in the morning

13/12/2012 at 16:07

Just shredded loads of defunct stuff - amazing how destroying something makes you feel better

13/12/2012 at 16:16

Well done Bjay. Agree, pruning also very theraputic.

The 'b' boiler whistling again! Didnt do it at all this morning & I was lying awake waiting for it!!

Postie just been & I dont owe the taxman anything- yay! J.

13/12/2012 at 16:23

A while ago I cut down the previous garden to relieve stress. When eldest son came home he suggested I made a garden, that was it, became hooked on it and then needed bigger garden which i now have

As for feet I am terrified of slipping on the ice. If i aggravate foot any more i don't know what else can be done!!

13/12/2012 at 16:26

Daughter queried who cards were from. Said not addressed to her & virtually every card has her included!

Having homemade red pepper pasta sauce on plain pasta for meal. Now what do I do with those mushrooms? Drat! J.

13/12/2012 at 16:28

Posts crossed Bjay.

Yes the garden bug does 'bite' doesnt it? If daughter gets the house then I shall have a sunny one too!

13/12/2012 at 16:37

Sent daughter that clip of the chinese dancers - very much her thing - immediate reply (unusual) She wants to go see them!!!!! 

13/12/2012 at 16:40

Another Amazon order-I must stop

13/12/2012 at 16:47
solent knight wrote (see)

Choccy guesses update~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flofairy-glitter-ball

Lottie--bell

PS-glitter-ball- round chocolate tree decoration type thingy

Georg-pew

Nightowl Elf-sir brucie

TB-star

Have I missed anyone?

Any-more?- will reveal answer shortly

13/12/2012 at 16:51
Lottiebeans wrote (see)

Got the Cubs Christmas party tonight - although we are actually having a Hannukkah party - helps make them aware of other religions and festivals. They don't mind as long as they have a party!

That's the right attitude - well done Cubs!

13/12/2012 at 17:04

Did you rescue any dogs this afternoon Flo?

13/12/2012 at 17:11

Had three phone calls asking us to take dogs in  Couldn't help, we took 3 in this morning, one of which is probably pregnant.

Oh!!!! I've just twigged. Solent Knight (Holey Knight) 
Only took me about 9 hours

13/12/2012 at 17:13

I put a lot of fort into these sudonyms-this was one of my best -or so I thought

So what happens to the doggies?

13/12/2012 at 17:18

We just have to hope that another rescue can take them - though they're all full to bursting - or a kind friend of the person.

Sorry bout yore sudenym efferts - I think the fault lies with my brain - what was that cleaner thing you recommended to make pcs run faster?