London (change)
Today 13°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 9°C
18/12/2012 at 14:16

Oh balls! Forgot we were doing that. Will take the photo later when it's darker so you can see the lights better.

18/12/2012 at 14:21

Taken mine already

So has Bjay~~~~~~~~~~

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/xmas-funny-pic-7.jpg

18/12/2012 at 14:34

Bjay, that tree is you to a tee!!

18/12/2012 at 14:40

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz184/rainjustlearning/IMG_0548.jpg

My tree 

18/12/2012 at 14:43
18/12/2012 at 14:53

Aaw Rain, that's pretty! Bet it looks lovely in the dark!

18/12/2012 at 15:09

This time next week-Queenie will be on the telly-Jess will have unwrapped all her pressies and broken at least one,kids will be riding on bikes, half the country will be asleep and the other half wish they were

18/12/2012 at 15:11

B****r, daughter gone off to work & no photo. Will try & remember tomorrow.... may be late posting one.......

Car away, unwashed, vision began to play up whilst cooking, so decided will do it on thursday after all.

Fed birds, the front garden feeder is still being ignored. A skinny robin has sussed out the new seed feeder, but keeps getting bullied by tits! So put more ground seed out & will deal with the resulting mess as & when.

Waiting on Tesco now. J.

18/12/2012 at 15:22

Hi all, yes the Hobbit was good - especially enjoyed the bit with Gollum in. But there were mutterings from OH about it being slow to get going - I agree but I still really enjoyed it. We saw it in 3D but I actually don't think it makes too much of a difference.

Finally got my light up twigs from the GC this lunchtime - got a voucher. The decision to get gold or silver was made for me as there were only gold ones left!

Also forgot to say that on Saturday I got some rescue plants from Homebase - pale green coloured little evergreen trees looking a bit sorry for themselves, for 50p each. They've already perked up - its wonderful what difference a drop of water makes! I will plant one in the 'wombled' ceramic planter from the tip, along with a couple of bargain poinsettias from Morrisons, and that will be my Christmas display.

I also think today's choc is a bear.

18/12/2012 at 15:23

Sorry, forgot to say, lovely tree Rain!

18/12/2012 at 15:28

Gorgeous tree Rain dear. Ho ho ho - see what I did there 

All right, I'll get me coat.

18/12/2012 at 15:36

My guess for the Advent chocy - a polar bear.

Visited Pets at Home to get some birdfeed yesterday. Noticed they had some feeders specially designed for nyjer seed. Instead of large round portholes, there are tiny vertical slits. The slits are so narrow, it's a wonder the birdies can get their beaks in. And I also got a tray that fits underneath. I'm hoping this will reduce the waste, and the mess...

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/16686.jpg?width=350

Goldfinches have just tested it, and say they approve. Four can feed at the same time.
18/12/2012 at 15:44

Just given the chickens their corn- and one has laid a jelly egg

Some of the reviews on The Hobbit have been less than glowing and it seems you can watch it in different formats.

Flo

18/12/2012 at 16:04

Tesco been. Who forgot to order bananas then?

Wish the goldfinches would visit our special feeder. Still some of the tits have been investigating it & now it's got a cage around it the squirrels are leaving it alone, she says......

Rain- excellent tree. Have you an inside one as well? J.

18/12/2012 at 16:19
plumstrudle wrote (see)

Tesco been. Who forgot to order bananas then?

Tesco have sent a man

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/16687.jpg?width=350

18/12/2012 at 16:20

Hello fellow forkers, im still around. one of my friends died suddenly so not been feeling my most sociable, her funeral is tomorrow and really not looking forward to it, but as my daughter says do you ever look forward to a funeral!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you alla re as nutty as ever. I would love to be able to feed the birds but i do have 3 cats and it just wouldnt be fair.Got our christmas tree yesterday and one of the cats is already dragging bits off it. I want to go and see the Hobbit as i loved the book but according to my mother 20 animals died whilst filming.A horse got fed the wrong food and ended up with colic. You would think they could afford to have a vet on site

18/12/2012 at 16:47

Oh Maud, 'bighugs'. Just remember all the happy times you & your friend had together over the yrs.

My parents once had 3 kittens, which they kept from a visiting ferile cat. One yr the tree was attacked by them- after that Dad said not again! He said seeing it swaying & baubles crashing everywhere was quite funny, but not at the time. They turned out to be lovely cats & the offspring of one of them still visited Dad at the house until he went into a home. BTW he gave in over the tree when my daughter arrived!

My cat, from childhood, always loved smacking certain decorations. I still have some of them- glass ones- & can still see him in the firelight eying them up. J.

18/12/2012 at 16:47

Yes it is tree day tomorrow. Know rush though Jo there are 24hours in a day 

Blind men have been and hopefully dog and us will now have an undisturbed night - and yes I do know what i have written it's like asking how do you make a Roman blind

Lovely tree Rain.

Now have my mothers old tree up in the dining room, have not found her decorations but have a few of ours. It was bitter sweet as it is the tree she fell n which started all her problems

we promiced our son we would not baby anything big, I have just wrapped a box full of little things, it would have been easier to buy one big pressie, but we do as we are told - well mostly

So sorry about your friend Maud, it is hard no matter what time of the year it happens.

18/12/2012 at 16:49

Present wrapping tonight and tomorrow I WILL have another go at the dolls

18/12/2012 at 16:50

Hello Maud. So sorry to hear it is a sad time for you.

I've been really chuffed (choughed??) to have a nuthatch visiting my seed feeder the last few days though he's incredibly wasteful - I think he only wants one sort of seed and throws all the others out. Another uncommon visitor to my garden turned up today - Lady Blackcap, I hope her mate is not too far away.It's amazing how things chnge over the years; once a goldfinch was a rare sight here and a greenfinch common, now it's the other way round.