London (change)
Today °C / °C
Tomorrow °C / °C
18/12/2012 at 17:16

I spotted the bullfinches earlier- grr!

Ok I really got this order wrong- now 2 huge bags of rigatoni pasta, I really should check things more carefully. Mind you pretty late last evening I realised hadnt ordered any milk....... Wonder what other surprises shall find?

Daughter not back until the early hours again. I sort of hear her come in & just settle down again, doesnt really disturb me. Unlike the boiler this morning! So should get chance to do a pic of tree, but does depend on our joint pc skills....

Right, back to unpacking & putting away. Tomorrow is making mincepies- I hope that the jar of homemade mincemeat, circa 08 (!!) is ok, otherwise shall be trotting up to shops.... J.

18/12/2012 at 17:22

Jo-I am still lost-this is a new boiler right?-then what is the problem?-is it singing songs too early?

18/12/2012 at 17:24

Hi Guys, guess for todays chocolate is a baby bear or cub (thinking goldilocks here). Very nice tree rain, we've switched to pure sunflower hearts in our birdfeeders and the birds can't get enough of them and no mess or wastage, we buy a large sackfull from a local market pet store. The Initial outlay is a bit steep but it works out so much cheaper than buying small bags, can't begrudge the cost as I get so much pleasure watching them feed. Hopefully be able to post up piccie of tree tomorrow. catch you soon.

18/12/2012 at 17:30

I'm using HM mincemeat date 2007 - will mix it with a bit of shop bought stuff and give it a slurp!

Daughter rang me up asking if I have a 1.7l pudding basin and lid. she is feeding partners family Christmas day. I am waiting for more urgent phone calls, requests for equipment. She cooked the dinner 2 years ago and said 'never again' but I guess she's mellowed.

Just lit burner which haven't done for a few nights: tree, decorations, wrapping paper everywhere (not necessarily on presents), 'beginning to look a lot like Christmas'

Thing is last couple of days, as it's been mild, and garden has been calling me

18/12/2012 at 17:34

This might not work-but if it does it goes through the 12 days of Christmas

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/animated-xmas-12days-of-christmas.gif

18/12/2012 at 17:35

Yay -it does-

18/12/2012 at 17:38

Geoff- yes a new boiler that sometimes emits a loud whistling noise anything from 30-50mins after coming on. Wouldnt be too much of a problem if didnt have daughter back 3am & only having 3-4hrs sleep before gets woken up. Or me for what it's worth- worse than an alarm..... It could be a pipe somewhere vibrating? It doesnt do it everytime either so you find yourself waiting....... just like now-  & not a peep!

OH is supposed to be contacting manufacturer, but is busy at work. Heating engineers do know about it & since still to return to do final bits in bathroom-loft/electrics- I shall ensure that their head engineer knows! J.

18/12/2012 at 17:41

Chin up Maud! 

Christmas Tree day Tommoz! No way! Mine is still in the loft! 

Am I allowed a reprieve untill the weekend?

Good evening all! 

Choccie Guess........Teddy Bear! 

18/12/2012 at 17:42

So it is singing songs to early and whistling at the same time-perhaps you should invite the engineer to stay the night-that could be funand get the neighbours talking

18/12/2012 at 17:46

Oh that reminds me of when OH started his first business from home, as well as still working e/w. I worked regular Saturdays & OH often had an attractive female arriving, whilst me away, to collect things. Then during the week I had deliveries from a male rep. Lots of curtain twitching by then neighbour........J.

18/12/2012 at 17:51

Yes Dean as  you have been so busy and it is Christmas

Sorry hi Dean

Jo what is the make of your boiler?

Just taken tree photo while it's dark so lights show up.

18/12/2012 at 17:54

The answer today was a bear as in Godilocks etc-lots of right answers today including Dean, Norm Chris-another pat-not a cowpat that would be horrible- on the back if you got it right

The prize today is a trip to Jo's gaff for a listen to the singing ,whistling boiler and a mince-pie

18/12/2012 at 17:56

Dean, are you more chilled tonight. Or are you still on for telling Santa to shove his pressies where the sun don't shine?

18/12/2012 at 18:00

And where would that be?

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/funny-animation-xmas-santas-butt.gif

18/12/2012 at 18:06

Better today Beck's, "thank ya very gladly!"

Cheers B'j! I like a reprieve!  

18/12/2012 at 18:07

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz184/rainjustlearning/IMG_0550.jpg

My house tree not a very good photo it does look a lot better than that,  I'm trying to upload the outside tree but it's 34mb so might not work.

18/12/2012 at 18:12

Good, good Dean! don't like you being a grumpy bum.

I find photo's never do trees justice. They don't capture the sparkles and twinkles, and if there is a flash, it ruins lights completely. Great tree again Rain.

18/12/2012 at 18:18

Jo, with your boiler, you deffo need to get engineers to check it out, the first 30 - 50 mins after firing up is when there is the most demand on it ( it runs at its highest capacity during this time to get the system up to temperature quickly), three possible things spring to mind,

1. scaled up heat exchanger but I have discounted that as it's a new boiler.

2  it needs the burner pressures / combustion mixture adjusting

3. there may be a restriction in the flow,

You need an engineer with the correct analyser equipment to check and adjust the mixture but you can do a basic check on the flow yourself, try opening up all the radiator valves to max and see if it alters  / stops the noise, hope this may help you pinpoint the problem.

Regards Norm

18/12/2012 at 18:21

That's cheeky Geoff

18/12/2012 at 18:21

http://s826.photobucket.com/albums/zz184/rainjustlearning/?action=view&current=MVI_0553.mp4

Outside tree light's you will have to turn your head sideways sorry LOL