21/12/2012 at 13:06

I must admit, having finished the cleaning, thought about going outside, but since will lose all track of time & it's not that urgent I wont.

Did a quick, very, flower count earlier- Penstemon Alice Hindley, Erysimum, Vibernum Bodnantse. Nowt else. I do need to remove part of a holly branch which is smothering a Mahonia- buds, no flowers. So the branch can be part of the decs! Now where's the glitter & glue? J.

21/12/2012 at 13:07

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/483673/103874501/stock-vector-cartoon-rum-bottle-103874501.jpg

21/12/2012 at 13:14

Oh no squiffy page again-must be the celebration of the magic15,000

21/12/2012 at 13:15

Sorry - Here's some Christmas spirit to hit him on the head with!

21/12/2012 at 13:22

Thanks! Just what I needed!

21/12/2012 at 13:31

Bjay - are you starting your celebrations early ?

Hope Jess recovers quickly Becks, may be just a 24hr thing and no internet ? Give them loads.

Shopping was great fun. Got there for 8. 45. It was bedlam within 10mins but got what I needed. Feel quite traumatised now

Off to feed the birds now and sort out pressies.

21/12/2012 at 13:48

Forgot -OH -went to Asda and picked up large joints of beef and pork with around 75 % off-cut into smaller joints and frozen- and she went on the bus so no transport costs

That is the sort of shopping chaps like

21/12/2012 at 14:03

Afters all. You have been busy bees! I've been dog-rescuing this morning. Now have to catch up on usual morning tasks. Maybe I'lll have a cup of tea first

Geoff - choccy rabbit

21/12/2012 at 14:08

Shopping around here on a Friday is always murder, so try to avoid. OH reminded me last night that he's emptying his fridge of perishables, so that could be interesting & solve tonights' meal problem or it could create more problems!

Daughter has decided to leave early as the schools en route could be finishing early & it be traffic chaos.

Now I need to do a rough menu for several days- no doubt OH will decide otherwise, but we can be flexible with what's available. J.

21/12/2012 at 14:12

Here, better late than never is my Xmas tree!

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/16793.jpg?width=537&height=350&mode=max

Its a fibre optic one so it changes colour. Not got the real one up yet, that's a task for tomorrow!

21/12/2012 at 14:17

Early celebrations - yes.

Celebrations start tomorrow with arrival of family from up North, Sunday will be our Christmas day , turkey, pressies etc as is the only day whole family will be together.

Christmas Eve I think I'm being allowed to baby sit 

Family leave early Christmas morning for the other set of parents, son will be at work all day so we will have a small celebration meal when he comes home, daughter is also else where.

It'ss been quite hard to get my head round all this

I'm sure it will all be fine and jolly and silly 

21/12/2012 at 14:19

Hooray Lotttie 

21/12/2012 at 14:24

We need to get off this page it is making my eyes funny

Lottie-yay

Some cracking cracker jokes-there might even some new ones ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Top 10 cracker jokes for Christmas 2012

What do you get if you eat Christmas decorations? Tinselitis

Why should you never invite a team of footballers for Christmas? Because they are always dribbling

What are the wettest animals in the world? Reindeer

What did Cinderella say when her photos didn’t arrive on time? One day my prints will come.

What do you call two happy mushrooms? Fun guys

What do angry mice send each other at Christmas time? Cross mouse cards

What bird is always out of breath? A puffin

What do you call a little lobster who won’t share his Christmas presents? Shell-fish

What do you drain your carrots with at Christmas? An advent colander

What do you call a train loaded with toffee? A chew chew train

21/12/2012 at 14:40

The new festive page layout is very cool.

I find the large white area very useful for scribbling notes on.

21/12/2012 at 14:42

When  I was getting ready to go out I pulled a hardly worn red sparkly jumper out - it had become too small - OH said it's hangin off you now Great he noticed 

Just fed the birds now to ice the cake.

21/12/2012 at 14:55
Well, managed to persuade Jess to go to nursery, so I could finish pressie shopping. Does that make me a bad Mum? Sending her when she was poorly??? Nursery haven't phoned yet, so she must be ok.
Sky have said to give them 6 days to fix Internet, that was from Tuesday when I first complained!!
Wish I hadn't switched now.
Treated myself to some chocolate fondant mints!!!! Big smiley with it's tongue sticking out and drooling!!
21/12/2012 at 15:02

Perhaps Sky will give you something for the inconvenience always worth a shot

So how much have you lost Bjay?

21/12/2012 at 15:11

That reminds me, must get some Bendicks bittermints!

I'm still here, have finished my work, and had my lunch. Just tidying my desk now and twiddling my thumbs. Wonder how early I can ask to go home? I want to leave before it gets dark as I want to check in on the plot - not that there's much growing, but I like to cast an eye over it now and again!