London (change)
Today 27°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
22/12/2012 at 22:22

Hi I have just joined you. 

Watching Tommy Cooper, 

Last message was very rushed

Catering calamities, me and Christmas are famous or infamous, Just get very laid back about it all

2 dogs here and one is.... well...., seems it was mine as sons just gave him a shiff!!

Son and OH are supping whisky, me I'm trying to get energy to make a cup of tea. Strange without Becks, hopw she gets connected soon.

22/12/2012 at 22:23

Hi guys, great final of scd thoroughly enjoyed that, a good evenings entertainment, thought the final three all deserved their places and couldn't call the result after the final dances, Hi Jean that jasmine is so close to flowering, as brucie would say keep on misting.

22/12/2012 at 22:54

hi tinker, hope the dog recovers soon, has it eaten something it doesn't normally

22/12/2012 at 23:14
Hi those still about, enjoyed strictly and my favourite won.
Jean, my jasmine still hasn't flowered. I must be doing something wrong.
Glyn
22/12/2012 at 23:40

Dog not ill just VEERRY smelly

Just waded down garden to rescue one of cats that had been chased by sons dog and was refusing to come near the house!

Oh the joys of family reunions - pets just don't understand.!

Still raining here, garden virtually unwalkable,

I'm just having my much wanted cup of tea, another day of animal friction tomorrow

22/12/2012 at 23:41

Dog not ill just VEERRY smelly

Just waded down garden to rescue one of cats that had been chased by sons dog and was refusing to come near the house!

Oh the joys of family reunions - pets just don't understand.!

Still raining here, garden virtually unwalkable,

I'm just having my much wanted cup of tea, another day of animal friction tomorrow

Night

22/12/2012 at 23:51

Hi,all--just been digging out the ancestral silver and festive china--somehow I ended up with all this stuff I never use but can't throw away. Everything got a good scrub and a polish--so many memories wrapped up in each piece--treasures from my mother and her mother and my other grandma. I guess some things are over 100 years old.

Feeling quite nostalgic. Welcome the chance to trot them out--even if it will be just the 2 of us.

22/12/2012 at 23:52

has the dog eaten sprouts  still raining here as well, don't think it's actually stopped today

23/12/2012 at 07:16

Morning Sunday peeps-just 3 more sleeps to go then we can all go and buy a new sofa

Hope those that watched the enjoyed the dancing-Lord Brucie seemed to get a little fraught at the end

Today's mystery choc is a celestial body

Off to the squelch land

23/12/2012 at 08:02

Morning festiive forkers.  The rain has stopped here for now but we have another bad day forecast.

Geoff, I'm going to say star for the choc of the day.

Best get a shifty on. Going visiting this morning .

My head feels fuzzy. Don't know why.

Have a good day everyone.

23/12/2012 at 08:32

Morning forkers,

Great SCD final last night.

Fed the birds, and it felt remarkably mild outside. I paused outside to have a look at a few things. A sunny day forecast too. I feel the desire to do an odd job today. At the least, I'll give my legs a stretch.

23/12/2012 at 08:55
Morning forkers, am still enjoying tea in bed at the moment. Lots planned for today including more present wrapping and cooking. Also cleaning out the chickens - their run is a bog at the moment and they need clean bedding.
23/12/2012 at 09:23

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

Sprouts to pick and prepare, pudding to heat, turkey to stuff, like Inka best china and glasses to polish and use, salmon starters to make (I forgot yesterday) too much baby watching AAAH!!, Wine to chill and pressies to open Ho Ho Ho

May be back later 

23/12/2012 at 09:38

Choc of day- star.

Jean dont panic re the jasmine, mine doesnt flower until late jan/feb. OH bought my original for a valentines' card! Eventually i managed to kill it, after many yrs & lots of cuttings, so got replacement & that's fine so far she says, crossing fingers.....

I got to watch SCD after all!! I got the remote & insisted on watching the last hr, which even OH grudgingly admitted was better than what else was on. He owed me anyway as I wrapped all daughter's little bits.

Right, need to go get dressed, doing a Kit as I say, & hang out the washing to probably blow away & then redirect a card for down the road.

OH has already been spotting fingering through Christmas food mags for new recipes! This is when I tell him to go 'b' shopping for the ingredients himself!!

Be back later, enjoy the day if already celebrating. J.

23/12/2012 at 10:12

Morning All.

Caught up with Strictly last night when we got in from The Messiah - wasn't sleepy and couldn't wait. From the performances on the day it was the right result though I'd have been happy with any of the final three.

OH is working all next week so we're having our 'Christmas' dinner today. Time to go and make mince pies!

Choc of the day - Betelgeuse

23/12/2012 at 10:14

I wasn't able to watch SCD after the fight to watch the series, still Louis won and is he's a gymnast he had to be my favourite

Choccy - star

23/12/2012 at 10:15

Good morning everyone.

Have been AWOL for a few days, just seemed to be soo busy, like everyone else I suspect. Everything in place for the BIG day, not that I am cooking on Christmas day, going to SIL then I have them all back on Boxing Day. I am making the stuffing, bread sauce and gravy for SIL. She is like a lot of you, a teacher, so by the end of term she is very stressed, so I am pitching in to help.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/17112.jpg?width=521&height=350&mode=max

This is my Christmas Tree. It's in the dining kitchen, had it for what seems like a hundred years, would like a fresh one, but can't do with the needles everywhere.

Enjoyed Strictly, anyone of them could have won.

Choc of the day. A star.

Going to other SIL for coffee, and exchange of present, before she decamps to Oxford for Christmas.

Enjoy your day whatever you are doing.

Chris.

23/12/2012 at 10:17

Choc of the day - Mars bar.

23/12/2012 at 10:28

Hi folks!  Merry Christmas to you all 

Our Christmas has been cancelled   I have Norovirus - been poorly since Friday night - up most of last night and the night before - missed son's Big Birthday Bash last night, have not been able to distribute presents and home made puddings to family members and will not be going to lovely in-laws for Christmas  

23/12/2012 at 10:37
Sorry you're not well dove. Get well soon