London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 10°C
28/12/2012 at 17:24

Am back for a bit! Nurse was pretty late arriving & I wasnt able to move for about an hour.

Biscuits all gone.....

Wind really strong out there now- dont like.  Am having a daytime tv few mins before need to go & start cooking. J.

28/12/2012 at 17:25

Hi Inka. Still have New Year to go.

OH always insists we keep stuff until 12th night but afterNew Year i just want it gone so sureptitiously take itdown bit by bit. Mind you as we are trying to keep tree he may agree to it going earlier 

28/12/2012 at 17:27

You will all be pleased to here that the advent calendar went off with the bin-men today-still got youngest pressies around the tree-he is coming again next weekend

Should we ask for Easter smilies?

28/12/2012 at 17:32

I shall be starting to take down the tree w/e after NY. Daughter will be asleep after nights, but it's not a noisy job.

OH & me are going to the pics one day that w/end too- must be mad braving TC on a Saturday, but the nearest to us. On the Sunday I will drag him down to Dunham's winter garden again, but go early for tea & cakes first!! What diet? That way I keep the noise in house to a minimum, roll on when she finishes doing nights. J.

28/12/2012 at 17:33

What about spring - new life - smileys, or even just a few more - waving (hello/goodbye), sigh, and any others can be thought useful! a gardening one?

28/12/2012 at 17:41

I think we can only go so far-but can always ask-they are quite accommodating.

28/12/2012 at 17:44

The smileys I suggested are ones I think all forum members would use a lot. Just trying to think of a few others - a smiley is not just for spring but for life! 

28/12/2012 at 17:47

If you compose a short list-I will ask

28/12/2012 at 17:51

Come on then forum-ers, let's make a reasonable list. it worked before 

Sorry i meant a smiley is not just for Christmas etc etc

28/12/2012 at 17:54

sigh,shrug,doh,ok,laughing ??

28/12/2012 at 18:03
Evening, just made turkey, leek and mushroom pie and sausage rolls to use up the remains of the puff pastry.

The market was pretty quiet today, but got what I needed. Just planning my evenings viewing? Didn't watch yesterday's Firl wo played with fire, so might watch it tonight.

Jo, haven't been to Dunham for ages, think I might take a trip over. Weather permitting of course!
28/12/2012 at 18:08

Tinks-these are the smileys we had on the BBC boards

http://www.bbc.co.uk/messageboards/popups/smiley.html

and there were Christmas ones and others you could use

Durham another place to go to before I move?

How am I going to fit all this in?

28/12/2012 at 18:11
Yes Geoff, Durham and Dunham!
28/12/2012 at 18:12

New Year fizz....I loved Firl wo played with fire....took me a little while to work out what it was! Only teasing....

Weather here in Cambridgeshire pretty disgusting at the moment....haven't we had enough rain for quite a while?

Am itching to get out into the garden but don't fancy bringing half of it back to the house with me! All being well round here Sunday should be reasonable. Hope it is the same for all of you, too

How does one go about suggesting smilies? Something to do with spring, bunnies, easter eggs?

28/12/2012 at 18:16

Dunkirk, Dunhelm-so many to choose from-I am dun with this

Hello -we have a visitor-welcome

It took a while to get the Christmas smileys-so as I say make a list and I will ask

Should I get a tattoo?

28/12/2012 at 18:23

Panto dame, thank you for the welcome.....I have been meaning to come in for weeks but never seemed to get round to it .

I think reading my friend's Gardeners' World inspired me so here I am. I have treated myself to a subscription for next year and hoping it will arrive soonest.

Where are most of you based? Not being nosey....just interested .

28/12/2012 at 18:26

If you click on the avatars-that takes you to a profile and location-you are in Cambridgeshire South-which sound like a parliamentary constituency-probably Tory

28/12/2012 at 18:28

All over - oop north, south, east, canada, france, southwest, midlands, hebrides (i think)

We could have a whale of a holiday meeting up

28/12/2012 at 18:35
Hi Citygardener, welcome, may we call you something more friendly? I'm Glyn, short for Glynis and I'm from Rossendale (Lancs).
28/12/2012 at 18:38

Sasha from Cambridge here and not Cambridgeshire South! Nice to meet you Glynis .Am just trying to work out how I change my profile! Back soonest