Start a new thread
FloBear

Quick dash in for a hello. I'm entertaining visitors really. Tried to get on site this morning, no go. Thought it was just me but clearly not.

Glad Becks is not totally incommunicado.

Miss Becks
I'm hanging on in there Flo! Can't get rid of me that easily! Thank goodness for modern technology!
hollie hock

I have a cooking question for you all I cook a chilli on a Saturday and although the vast majority of it is from fresh ingrediants I usually use a tabasco sauce to liven it up.

I've bought some fresh chillis (red, medium) but don't really know how to use them. Do I chop them up and just bung in with everything else or add them to the mince, onions as I'm browning them off? And how many do I use?

Girasole

Hello jackie frost, I tend to chop them finely (removing the seeds) and add them to the onions when they are cooking. After that I add the mince (usually browned in a separate pan to remove the liquid!)

Advertisement

Miss Becks
If jo were here she could help with that one JF. No good asking me, but when I use sweet peppers in a bolognese, I put them in with the mince and onions. I know it's a different pepper, but it's always worked. :-/
Tell me to shut up if you want!
Girasole

FloSilverFairy, I had that problem this morning, too, and like you thought it was moi!

Nice to be in here to have a chat. Not feeling too good as have a mild form of norovirus so have to stay home and cancelling arrangements every day - yuck

Matty2

Don't rub your eyes or lips after handling them, even if you have w ashed your hands. OH did that, tears at table

Dovefromabove

I'd use one chilli per pound of mince, chop it up finely and add when adding the tomatoes.  If you like it hotter use a bit more.  Use rubber gloves or wash your hands really thoroughly after touching the chopped chillis and before rubbing your eyes or any tender parts!

This is a good family-style recipe if you'd like a bit more detail: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chilliconcarne_67875

Mmm, we've not had a chilli for a while .... soon, soon 

Matty2

Threshers I could take, where gambling came from absolutely no idea. Find it scary.

That's another smiley geoff - 'scarey'

I've made a NY resolution  - see thread

kept to last years - to lose weight - this is less arduous

Still got a few, dried, chilles from last summer

Jean Genie

Greetings everyone   At last up and running . Gave up this morning then went visiting daughter and just tuned in. 

Hello Becks  Wondered where you'ld got to and Hello Sasha

Glyn , did you prune your jasmine after it flowered last year or has it not flowered at all. We'll have a cyberchat when you're around .

I'm going to change my identity I think.

sotongeoff
The Ice Queen wrote (see)

I'm going to change my identity I think.

Oh no your not

Miss Becks
I tried that Jean, but the FBI still found me!
Girasole

Talking of identity peeps.....do I still show up as that blessed parliamentary constituency Cambridgeshire South? When I tried to change it last night I got an error message and now I cannot see anything! Could sks pls check again for me?

Matty2

You are still in Paliament Sasha

Jean wait till NYday, I'll be back to my old self then, Weeell I think i will 

Advertisement

Matty2

sasha - why don't you start again with a new identity(pseudonym) and lose Citygardener? then you could lose your constituency 

Just make sure you let us know who you are 

Jean Genie

Oh Yes I am ! ( Boo . hiss )

Flaming Norah - That took me ages. Found A brilliant j peg but it won't let me upload it  Anyone know why ?

Girasole

Tinkling, sounds a good idea .....shall see if I feel up to it tomorrow .....btw one more ny resolution has just gone out of the window . With this blessed virus they say eat normally so what did I do.....eat two mince pies 

Miss Becks
I think it must do a general area, going by what address you put in, and postcode. Mine says Cannock chase, but that's not even a proper city or town, just an area really. In fact, to us locals, Cannock Chase is actually a huge forested area which runs for miles, and a beauty spot!
What size is it Jean?
Jean Genie

Hi Becks - just checked. It's too big  It was good as well, all singing . all dancing 2013 . Never mind.

Was going to call myself the New Year Nibbler but thought . maybe not.