London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 12°C
29/12/2012 at 15:52

29/12/2012 at 15:57

Quick dash in for a hello. I'm entertaining visitors really. Tried to get on site this morning, no go. Thought it was just me but clearly not.

Glad Becks is not totally incommunicado.

29/12/2012 at 16:03
I'm hanging on in there Flo! Can't get rid of me that easily! Thank goodness for modern technology!
29/12/2012 at 16:15

I have a cooking question for you all I cook a chilli on a Saturday and although the vast majority of it is from fresh ingrediants I usually use a tabasco sauce to liven it up.

I've bought some fresh chillis (red, medium) but don't really know how to use them. Do I chop them up and just bung in with everything else or add them to the mince, onions as I'm browning them off? And how many do I use?

29/12/2012 at 16:23

Hello jackie frost, I tend to chop them finely (removing the seeds) and add them to the onions when they are cooking. After that I add the mince (usually browned in a separate pan to remove the liquid!)

29/12/2012 at 16:24
If jo were here she could help with that one JF. No good asking me, but when I use sweet peppers in a bolognese, I put them in with the mince and onions. I know it's a different pepper, but it's always worked. :-/
Tell me to shut up if you want!
29/12/2012 at 16:25

FloSilverFairy, I had that problem this morning, too, and like you thought it was moi!

Nice to be in here to have a chat. Not feeling too good as have a mild form of norovirus so have to stay home and cancelling arrangements every day - yuck

29/12/2012 at 16:26

Don't rub your eyes or lips after handling them, even if you have w ashed your hands. OH did that, tears at table

29/12/2012 at 16:29

I'd use one chilli per pound of mince, chop it up finely and add when adding the tomatoes.  If you like it hotter use a bit more.  Use rubber gloves or wash your hands really thoroughly after touching the chopped chillis and before rubbing your eyes or any tender parts!

This is a good family-style recipe if you'd like a bit more detail: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chilliconcarne_67875

Mmm, we've not had a chilli for a while .... soon, soon 

29/12/2012 at 16:30

Threshers I could take, where gambling came from absolutely no idea. Find it scary.

That's another smiley geoff - 'scarey'

I've made a NY resolution  - see thread

kept to last years - to lose weight - this is less arduous

Still got a few, dried, chilles from last summer

29/12/2012 at 16:31

Greetings everyone   At last up and running . Gave up this morning then went visiting daughter and just tuned in. 

Hello Becks  Wondered where you'ld got to and Hello Sasha

Glyn , did you prune your jasmine after it flowered last year or has it not flowered at all. We'll have a cyberchat when you're around .

I'm going to change my identity I think.

29/12/2012 at 16:35
The Ice Queen wrote (see)

I'm going to change my identity I think.

Oh no your not

29/12/2012 at 16:35
I tried that Jean, but the FBI still found me!
29/12/2012 at 16:39

Talking of identity peeps.....do I still show up as that blessed parliamentary constituency Cambridgeshire South? When I tried to change it last night I got an error message and now I cannot see anything! Could sks pls check again for me?

29/12/2012 at 16:41

You are still in Paliament Sasha

Jean wait till NYday, I'll be back to my old self then, Weeell I think i will 

29/12/2012 at 16:48

sasha - why don't you start again with a new identity(pseudonym) and lose Citygardener? then you could lose your constituency 

Just make sure you let us know who you are 

29/12/2012 at 16:50

Oh Yes I am ! ( Boo . hiss )

Flaming Norah - That took me ages. Found A brilliant j peg but it won't let me upload it  Anyone know why ?

29/12/2012 at 16:53

Tinkling, sounds a good idea .....shall see if I feel up to it tomorrow .....btw one more ny resolution has just gone out of the window . With this blessed virus they say eat normally so what did I do.....eat two mince pies 

29/12/2012 at 16:56
I think it must do a general area, going by what address you put in, and postcode. Mine says Cannock chase, but that's not even a proper city or town, just an area really. In fact, to us locals, Cannock Chase is actually a huge forested area which runs for miles, and a beauty spot!
What size is it Jean?
29/12/2012 at 17:00

Hi Becks - just checked. It's too big  It was good as well, all singing . all dancing 2013 . Never mind.

Was going to call myself the New Year Nibbler but thought . maybe not.