London (change)
Today 16°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 10°C
29/12/2012 at 17:00

Elf, perhaps we should let the powers that be know about this hiccup - I personally don't want to pass as someone from Cambridgeshire South and perhaps the same applies to you re Cannock Chase?

29/12/2012 at 17:04
Trust you too find one too big Jean!!
LOL Sasha, I personally couldn't give a crap where people think I'm from. You could post on the site bugs thread though.
29/12/2012 at 17:04

Advice re using the chillies sounds fine to me. Dont try leaving any seeds in though or you'll combust no matter how mild the chilli is supposed to be.

Well am enjoying 'kindleing'. Shall get that cheap 3 book series I think. Must investigate what to do with things once been read- hmm. That's where charity shops come in normally. There is some sort of 30day option, almost like a library which may suit......

Sticking to simpler food again. Fish & vegs tonight. May do a cheese sauce for over it all. Pud -OH has found a wondrerful greek yoghurt with honey. Yes you can add honey to ordinary yoghurt, but keep it simple folks....

Will be having our NY meal tomorrow as daughter working & OH going back to 'little house' ready for work on Wed.

29/12/2012 at 17:13
Well Jess has opted for Hotdogs and chips! Suits me!
29/12/2012 at 17:14

Oooh....sound delicious

The gremlins seem to be back! Is it the peeps from the other side of the pond coming online do you think?

29/12/2012 at 17:14

Becks

Jo, reading about chillies made me chuckle. Years ago, I couldn't get the chillies I normally use so got some Bird's eye ones . Because they were only small , I used loads in the chilli  No-one could eat it. Think you would need an asbestos mouth so had to throw it all away. Still a joke in our house to this day.

I always use chocolate when making a chilli - it really brings out the flavour. 

29/12/2012 at 17:15

Sasha-just add details to to your profile-location etc

29/12/2012 at 17:20

Hmm, I fancy making chili for tea now - except that the boys moan, and son no. 1 picks out all the kidney beans as he hates beans, even baked beans....(but really likes green beans!)

I quite fancy chips now as well - chili and chips anyone?

I tried the site this morning but no go. Thought at first it was my connection but all other sites were fine. Seems it was a gremlin in this site. 

Not sure what location I come under? Surrey Heath probably - which is actually my local council, and not a place at all. 

I braved the supermarket today - it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and I picked up a few bargains, including next year's Christmas cards!

29/12/2012 at 17:23

panto dame ....done ie followed your advice.

Am feeling a wee bit confused at the moment as I am in here, on Facebook and listening to a lovely jazz programme on Radio 3 - never, but never say a woman cannot multi-task 

29/12/2012 at 17:24

Oscar dog spits out green beans when we give him leftovers. on one occassion they were in a pile by side of his bowl

Now all you need is an avatar

29/12/2012 at 17:27

Tinkling....I can just picture it now ....not keen on his veg then?

29/12/2012 at 17:30

Tinkling ....just read the rest of your message.....youngest has MY camera in New York as we speak . I have made a note of the details just in case he either loses it or it gets pinched. What a trusting mother I am but hey....it was an expensive one at the time!

29/12/2012 at 17:31
Jess is trying to feed me Play Dough food!!!
29/12/2012 at 17:34

I might have to change my name again-can't get used to being called Panto Dame

Having toad in the hole-that might include beans of some sort-not chillies

29/12/2012 at 17:36

Lottiebeans ..... am trying to reply to you but you have moved up the page!

Yes, chilli and chips, please. I did make a nice stew yesterday with more than a dollop of red wine but somehow chilli is more appealing at the moment 

Yes, you are Surrey Heath which may be your local council but Cambridgeshire South is definitely not mine!

Heavens you were brave to go to the supermarket today but then possibly quite a good idea as most peeps bought for the end of the world before Christmas

29/12/2012 at 17:36

Is it hot dog shaped ?  Just be glad she hasn't got Slime. Our kids had that when they were young. Disgusting stuff . One tub had worms in it .

Sasha- just find a pic on the web for now

29/12/2012 at 17:37

Elf, tell Jess that Play Dough is for school days not holidays!

29/12/2012 at 17:40

Gnome, you obviously don't know how I might find that a difficult one to do....perhaps in time

29/12/2012 at 17:44

I've learnt to do stuff like that thanks to Forkers. Now i just keep practising

29/12/2012 at 17:46

Thanks to all for chilli tips and warnings, I will definatley use gloves to prevent any accidential burning. Dove the receipe looks very good, will get used to using real chillis before I embark on using red wine as well.