London (change)
Today 18°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 19°C / 10°C
30/12/2012 at 16:47

What cooking marathon?-there is only 3 of you at most-unless the 5000 are popping round for a sausage roll

30/12/2012 at 16:48

Didn't realise how low we are on alternative light sources. Used to have loads at old house. Could have thrown them when mother was with us - too dangerous. Have now managed enough I think and will have to get some in as a just in case.

I'll have to visit the hardware shop Boom! Boom!

30/12/2012 at 16:50

Buying a drum Bjay ??

30/12/2012 at 16:52

Like the idea of Bjays' wheelbarrow taking pride of place in a museum...

We watched most of Love Actually, which were taping as well, but I gave up at the middle break. OH has, of course, watched the rest today, typical, so I saw some of it, but shall rewatch properly when on my own sometime.

I havent had any chance to play with Kindle or anything else today.  All I seem to have done is do things in the kitchen.1 pear fan cooked, 1 mincemeat puff cooked, 1 leek & cheese flan/pie assembled. All the vegs are prepared & smothered in garlic, herb & olive oil waiting to be put onto trays to roast. Frozen vegs as well- I just couldnt face doing any more 'normal' veg preparation....

OH has covered this table with all his paperwork, laptop, mugs, nuts etc. I've managed to creep onto my usual bit. I've told him, no choice mate, that all of the stuff is to be cleared & the table laid properly for tonights' meal!

Oh I did manage to wobble to the postbox, before the rain started again, & then needed a lie down listening to GQT. J.

30/12/2012 at 16:54

Yes Geoff, only 3 of us, but leftovers will keep us going for days!! J.

30/12/2012 at 17:12

jo, do either of them do ANYTHING for YOU!! Good Lord. Talk about taking advantage!

30/12/2012 at 17:24
panto dame wrote (see)

Today I am wearing one of my Christmas pressies-a new shirt

http://www.nightmarefactory.com/AC38.jpg

It's very nice.

But be careful you don't spill your gravy down it.

30/12/2012 at 17:25

Good God! Reading that back sounds even worse! 

Troops have been fed! Off to wash up! 

Have a good evening all! 

30/12/2012 at 17:42

Have made the cake but need to make the chocolate fudge icing now - my favourite so hope FIL approves. Got all the in-laws coming to brunch tomorrow.

Also cooking dinner tonight, a hastily thrown together roast! 

Jo, get out of the kitchen and put your feet up! Like I can talk!!

30/12/2012 at 17:45

My wheelbarrow will be used - I am going to attempt to make room for it in our shed thing - it's not really a shed- one of those large plastic storage things by keter. I will then post a photo - hmm perhaps my wheelbarrow can be my January avatar  there's a thought. (see New Year resoulution thread)

30/12/2012 at 17:46

No chance Lottie! Vegs already in! Lots of garlic......

OH has cleared his stuff off this table, so I need to do mine-oops.

Byee, J.

30/12/2012 at 17:58

Did he clear that all on his little own Jo ?-

-and then he laid the table??

30/12/2012 at 18:16
He probably shoved it all off in one sweep of the arm, in a pile on the floor, and then put tidying it up on jo's 'to do' list!! Crack the whip jo!!
30/12/2012 at 18:18

Evening, OH cooking the ham etc., but constanty asking questions. It will be his first time making parsley sauce. Jo, I need to pop over to Salford and give you some lessons in delegation!

I am still marking .... well mostly Listening to Joanna Lumley talkiing about Noah's ark.

30/12/2012 at 19:01

Jo tells us she is a control freak-I would be controlling a frying pan

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/16457-woman-about-to-hit-her-husban.jpg

30/12/2012 at 19:24

Evening all  Horrible evening here, lashing down and blowing a gale so have jim-jams on and lazing on couch. Had a nice day visiting but glad to be home.

Hi Kate, nice to see you back and hope you're having a well deserved break

Gary. love the shirt  Do you have a pistol to match ?

My T & M book is here as well.

Loving the Hairy Balls,  Have you seen the yellow geranium Custard Cream ? Quite fancy that one . Or it could be that it reminds me of food.

30/12/2012 at 19:34

Still got electricity  have cooked using oven so it wasn't that, heating is fine and OH has run a bath so it wasn't that. Just elimination.

T&M arrived here yesterday as well, will look up Hairy balls! but I have loads of seed, some from show Bounty bags so can't really justify buying more unless its.........

30/12/2012 at 19:47

Can people stop going on about hairy balls-and looking up them-it is very disconcerting

Only 2 days to go and the festivities are over -when do the diets start this year?

30/12/2012 at 19:58

Jan 2nd there will be a whole host of them on T.V. along with holiday adverts and clearance sales. Hoping to work my spare tyre off in the garden soon, if it ever stops raining.

Failing that, I will be investing in a rowing boat.  

30/12/2012 at 20:08

Booked the holiday last September-tick

Sales-cant be bovvered-don't need anything-tick

Car has spare tyre-tick

Always rowing-married too long-tick