London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 26°C / 16°C
30/12/2012 at 20:11

Sunshine here!!! O frabjous day Calloo Callay!!!--sorry-it's been so lng it's made me a little giddy!!!

Discovered my newly emerging hellebore shoots are covered with aphids, but bulbs are well up in my pots. Just generally tidying up. Feels SOOOOO good to be outside!

30/12/2012 at 20:20

my weight loss regime is ongoing but slipped a bit over last week whoops

You sound very happy Inka. A little bit of sun and a trip in garden worth loads

I think,

managed a little time outside before cold wind got up and the rain came. Actually have a few snowdrops coming up but it did feel good

30/12/2012 at 20:23

Hello Inka, nice to hear you chortling in your joy. Have a great day. 

Me too, Bjay. WW on Weds - will have to go and assess damage. Trouble is there is still 'bad' stuff to use up. Hence new version of name

30/12/2012 at 20:28

Wondered why you changed your name. One thing I am fortunate with is that WW is on Tuesdays so none last week, none this week, and a week to try to get straight!!!! 

30/12/2012 at 20:46

Hiya Forkers - I have returned from the Land of Free Carrier Bags - love going to England so I can stock up - they cost 5p here.  Had a lovely 2nd Christmas at son's and a nice day out in Greenwich on Sunday (in spite of the rain) and a visit to a lovely Garden Centre this morning.

Hope everyone is being good and eating the remains of their Christmas food.  Haven't got time to read the last 20 or so pages as I want to watch the Ripper programme at 9.  Have I missed anything vital?

30/12/2012 at 20:49

My pink wheelbarrow!

Becks lost internet!

All the usual 'interesting' chat 

30/12/2012 at 20:52

I saw your pink wheelbarrow BJay and am still suffering from wheelbarrow envy - didn't see anything like it in the garden centre this morning so bought a bird bath instead.

30/12/2012 at 22:37

Well just watched the other part of Bag of Bones  Not sure about film - very graphic but pretty much on track with book. Got Ripper street on planner but don't think I'll watch it for a few days. Had enough of blood and guts for now.

Inka, Can't wait for Spring then I can get giddy ! Far too wet for me to do anything out there at the moment but have got some bulbs up as well - just hope they don't drown.

Caz , I've plenty of carrier bags here - I'll send you some.

I don't think you'll ever get that wheelbarrow dirty Bjay

30/12/2012 at 22:38

Welcome back Caz, I was wondering where you'd got to.

Hope you enjoyed Ripper Street. I did. But I'm a sucker for detectives and particularly like historical settings. Have just finished a 'Falco' novel that I hadn't read.

30/12/2012 at 22:39

Oops . sorry Flo . Don't think you are a bad fairy at all, you want to see what's left in our house.

30/12/2012 at 22:52

I think I'd better go to bed, I'm getting tired and confused - and not a drop has passed my lips! I think I meant to say 'hope you enjoy it' Jean.

Nighty night all.

30/12/2012 at 22:58

I'm off as well  Just wanted a distraction before I climb the wooden hill. Had cheese and biccys while I was watching the film so hoping I don't have any scary dreams  Night night.

30/12/2012 at 23:01

30/12/2012 at 23:05

Isn't it past your bedtime Geoff?  Or are you in bed with your Kindle?

I'm now, g'night all.

30/12/2012 at 23:17

Just watched the ripper thing, then end of corny american movie to get blood and gore out of my head before bed.

I will get my wheelbarrow dirty - one day 

Night

30/12/2012 at 23:28

Good grief, I started reading this thread from the start, and def gave up and just hit reply. What a length

30/12/2012 at 23:32

Hiya Sam and wecome to fork handles. Just join in, you'll soon get the hang of it. We have a wide and varied agenda on here!

Glyn

30/12/2012 at 23:44

Hi Glyn,

Thanks mate Im always up for a giggle and some mischief lol. 

30/12/2012 at 23:48
Inkadog wrote (see)

Sunshine here!!! O frabjous day Calloo Callay!!!--sorry-it's been so lng it's made me a little giddy!!!

Discovered my newly emerging hellebore shoots are covered with aphids, but bulbs are well up in my pots. Just generally tidying up. Feels SOOOOO good to be outside!

Urgh, Here in Scotland, we have had rain for the past three weeks and before that was snow. Cant remember what the orange thing in the sky looks like I am praying for a nice hot summer and a great spring. On the up side...I have loads and loads of bulbs up in pots (Haven't decided where they are goin in the new garden yet) and on the down side...my beautiful terracotta trough has bitten the dust and has shattered

31/12/2012 at 00:05

Sam, I should have said Glyn is short for Glynis BTW! We will probably be going back to our former personae after new year, that will make life easier for you getting to know us.

I'm a cat person too, but just the one nowadays, said I wasn't having any more ..... but they seem to find me rather than vice versa!

Inka, glad to hear you have some sun. It's horrible here.