London (change)
Today 11°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 7°C / 3°C
31/12/2012 at 12:42

Good afternoon folks.

Been trying to rid my computer of gremlins, without much success. every time I try to sign in to ebay it freezes, will just have to avoid that site, perhaps it will save me money if I do.

Going to SIL this evening, but we are having a Chinese takeaway, neither of us feel like cooking after all the festivities. All the relative have departed to various parts of the country, so it's back to being quiet, can't say I'm sorry, it's been all eating and drinking, put on 2lb when I weighed myself this morning, so will be back on the straight and narrow tomorrow..

Hope you all have a Happy, Prosperous and Peaceful New Year, no getting drunk and disorderly as if you would!!!!!

Just been called by OH to have lunch, homemade soup, guess what sort, all I will say it has something to do with Christmas.

Cheers me dears,  Chris.

31/12/2012 at 12:53
Holly berries are poisonous Chris, don 't put them in your holly soup!
31/12/2012 at 12:54

I still haven't figured out everyone's Christmas names, Flo.

Hi Kate,

Yes, Cornwall has had non-stop rain but we've been okay thanks. Hope your parents are alright. Apparently 50 years ago Cornwall was the worst affected by snow. Villages cut off for weeks and hay dropped to animals by helicopters.

These catalogues are so tempting, Jo. Just can't make up my mind but if I order seeds now I'll be tempted to sow too early.

31/12/2012 at 13:22

Back again -shelf trouble -fixed now and have had lunch

I found a pair of trousers this morning have shrunk in the wash again-that is the only logical explanation surely

Glyn

Freddie and The Dreamers sang about short-shorts-silly song-I have all my bits crossed and buttocks clenched

31/12/2012 at 13:29

Daughter's book has arrived- 'Old Garden, New Gardener' -for when she gets into her house. She was supposed to phone estate agent this morning.....

I have a posh new seed storage box, with drawers!! May go & get the tins I currently use, from the porch, to do some sorting I think. Need to be ruthless with open, old packets..... Plans, plans.... J.

31/12/2012 at 13:32

Forgot...

Geoff- what was the name of those lovely cream nastursiums you grew this yr? J.

31/12/2012 at 13:38
31/12/2012 at 13:56

Afties   Well, I'm suited and booted and ready to go so just wanted to wish everyone a Very Happy New Year. I know it's a bit premature but won't be around until next year  so whatever you are all doing enjoy and thanks for all your help in the gardening department.

Here's hoping for a little more sun in 2013 and a Happy and Peaceful New Year to you all.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/17183.jpg?width=400&height=319&mode=max

31/12/2012 at 13:56

Those nasturtiums look lovely. 

Just been writing my garden targets for the year and summarising 2012. Not too bad a year all in all.

I did want to finish fairy dell but it is nearly there just a couple more paths and a small pato to lay and an arbour to instate. Then the best part - planting - mainly herbaceous. It was going to follow a planting plan but I keep seeing things that would look good.

Do I keep to planting plan or follow  my 'nose' so to speak?

31/12/2012 at 14:00
Well i ventured out to the garden centre today. Not much there other than christmas stuff, was railroad by the centre cat. Tripped me up twice but got a great bargain Ifound a southernwood which was looking very dead other than little green tips and a stunning bay about a foot tall. Bay had wind damage so got it for 3 quid and the lass said the southernwood looked dead so got that for nothing Ahhh, another member of the family lol
31/12/2012 at 14:01

Aaah Jean-have a good time

Might have to lose the santa hats tomorrow

All good plans etc Bjay-I have never used a planting plan yet

31/12/2012 at 14:03

Chris I just tried to get on ebay and it froze every time I tried to scroll down. Must be them!

31/12/2012 at 14:05
Fairy dell??? Sounds a great idea
31/12/2012 at 14:05
Well i ventured out to the garden centre today. Not much there other than christmas stuff, was railroad by the centre cat. Tripped me up twice but got a great bargain Ifound a southernwood which was looking very dead other than little green tips and a stunning bay about a foot tall. Bay had wind damage so got it for 3 quid and the lass said the southernwood looked dead so got that for nothing Ahhh, another member of the family lol
31/12/2012 at 14:09

Someone pressed refresh button

There used to be a Dell near me

31/12/2012 at 14:22
What's a refresh button?
31/12/2012 at 14:25

F5

Sam posted the same message twice

I wonder if the pink wheelbarrow has gone outside today-it is nearly a week old

31/12/2012 at 15:00
31/12/2012 at 15:01

Dont be daft Geoff, it's raining! (sorry bjay)

Thx for the nastusium link Geoff, have noted.

The problem, dont tell OH, is that the new seed cabinet is wooden, so open packets wont store well, & it's just not big enough!! Have decided to continue keeping the open packets, that'll need using first anyway, in the usual biscuit tins after all.

BTW this is only the flower seeds...... havent started on the veg ones yet! J.

31/12/2012 at 15:01

Afternoon forkers, not been around much this past week, hope you all enjoyed your festivities and santa bought you what you wanted. Totally flumaxed by the recent weather, I had planned to use the holiday to start moving things in preparation for a bit of a garden revamp and getting the base in for the new greenhouse but despite having land drains the garden's just too wet to do anything constructive, so I shall have to be patient. You can guarantee once I am back at work the sun will come out and things will dry out!, never mind you can't battle with nature. Managed to bottle the homemade beer this morning so that can stay indoors for a few weeks before moving to the garage for a few months. I am debating buying a propagator and am torn between buying a ready made jobbie or buying soil  warming cables and a thermostat and making my own heated bench, decisions, decisions? hope you all have a happy new year.