London (change)
Today 15°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 17°C / 13°C
02/01/2013 at 12:28

I will get my crystal ball out  or you could always give yours a bashing !

Suppose it depends on how serious you feel about moving to Spain ?  It could be sold very quickly like daughters or ...............................

02/01/2013 at 12:33

Sorry about your cat bjay. It's so worrying when animals are ill as they can't tell us what is wrong.

I read about the property market in Spain, Geoff. Should get a good buy. Is Mrs. Geoff keen to go too?

I've got lots of horse poo or should I say pony poo as I've got two retired shetlands. I do get a lot of nettle seedlings and Frank (Palaisglide) told me that horses have a poor digestion and a lot of what they eat goes straight through including weed seeds. I think manure is more of a soil improver than a fertiliser.

02/01/2013 at 12:42

The quality of manure and the fertilizer content does vary-ideally you should leave it for 6 months-probably ok for veg growing

Jean-you are a complete failure as a soothsayer-I am very disappointed with you

This is what I could be experiencing now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2509954

What's not to like?

02/01/2013 at 12:51
No effing Internet again!! Been on the phone to Sky. Again! They are now sending an engineer out on Friday.
Won't be posting much today. Too much of a faff on this tiny screen on the phone.
02/01/2013 at 12:59

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/17253.jpg?width=307&height=350&mode=max

Spring is on the way or have I spoke too soon?

02/01/2013 at 13:03

Snowdrops can take a hammering.

02/01/2013 at 13:07

I was going to say that your snowdrops were well advanced, mine ae just peeking through, then I saw that you are on Cornwall. Hope they don't get spoilt, A real herald of spring 

02/01/2013 at 13:18

Lovely Pam, Mine are the same as yours Bjay. Just showing their tips.

Becks. what a nightmare.  I would be on the phone asking for a couple of free months.

Sounds like you've made your mind up . Geoff.  I 'll have to try my hand at something else now.

02/01/2013 at 13:23
Jean R wrote (see)

Lovely Pam, Mine are the same as yours Bjay. Just showing their tips.

What are we talking about here ???

Jean R wrote (see)

Sounds like you've made your mind up . Geoff.  I 'll have to try my hand at something else now.

The decision has been made-the house is going up  for sale

02/01/2013 at 13:45

Geoffrey !

Does this mean free holidays for us forkers ?

02/01/2013 at 14:10

Naturellement-that's your actual French that is

Providing you come bearing gifts -not baring tips

02/01/2013 at 14:10

We could call off in the Dordogne on the way down to Spain and return via Canada

02/01/2013 at 14:16

Geoff, well done on the decision - very exciting! I'm sure you will welcome us all to visit in sunnier climes, if we agree to rehouse your chickens for you!

Kevin is someone's alter-ego! Used to pop up on another board, I seem to remember.

I had some tarot cards - they were bought as a gift for me ages ago. Never did work out how to read them even though they came with a book, so I've given them away now.

Well rotted horse poo is very good for the veg garden. Although the last manure delivery I had was cow poo, I will be getting some free horse poo from the stables soon! Have to go and bag it up - that's the hard work bit!

02/01/2013 at 14:17

And go via Wales then Cornwall -the possibilities are endless

Lottie -you're next don''t forget

02/01/2013 at 14:53

Have you seen the letter from Daniel about smileys?

02/01/2013 at 15:11

Hello former Citygardener here....just changed my name....what do you think forkers?

02/01/2013 at 15:16

Does Girasole mean something? 

Geoff, I hope so! Things progressing slowly in the right direction!

Had a seed catalogue through the door this morning - have had a browse. Am tempted by lots of things but I need to check my seed box and see what's already in there!

02/01/2013 at 15:19

Lottie, yes...sunflower but that was already taken so having Italian links I thought I would go for it in Italian. Also, I am of a sunny dispostion (most of the time) and I thought I would start the NY in a positive mood. What do you think?

Chucking it down here and cannot summon up the wish to look at seeds or seed catalogues for the time being .....seriously feeling like hibernating to be honest 

02/01/2013 at 15:22

Geoff, where are you thinking of moving to in Spain? Have you lived there in the winter months? Just don't want you to make a mistake. Also, check out the health situation before you take the leap!

02/01/2013 at 15:27

I asked Mr Google what Girasole means, and says it's a place in Sardinia.

I wonder if the place takes it's name from the flower, or the flower from the place.

Now we know the name is Italian we can see how the name works.

It's gira + sole. Gira=turning (as in gyroscope and gyrate). And sole=sun. Hence turning with the sun, as a sunflower does.