London (change)
Today 16°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 11°C
03/01/2013 at 12:22

The above empty space should have had a New Year Logo in it, but it didn't work. I was trying to work out how you get Google images to appear here. How on earth did Gary put the pink wheelbarrow on the lawn?

03/01/2013 at 12:24

Back again, lunchtime snack here.

Am amazed at how long it takes to dismantle a tree. Daughter will have lots of decorations for her house- we've already had a bit of a sort out, but they will all go away into their usual boxes for the meantime.

1 decision has been made. Am dragging OH to GC on Saturday, after supermarket shop. Then can buy a half-price 'skinny' tree in the sale. OH will be on hand to load box into car too. Have checked up on the proposed cabinet depth & measured existing tree & it just wont work where I thought, with needing access to a socket for lights. BUT, daughter will, hopefully, have a bay window! So she can have our wide tree & have to decorate both sides this time! She actually agrees a good idea! So there will be 2 trees, all being well in the loft this time!

Right, must crack on. J.

03/01/2013 at 12:27

Gary - 

Still laughing!!!!!

Can't remember why I came on now, what I was going to say 

03/01/2013 at 12:28

Liz-you can save google images as a picture file -or upload them to photobucket

The tree is coming down

03/01/2013 at 12:34

I saved it as a picture file and when I clicked insert image it appeared on the box on this page, then I clicked submit reply and it had disappeared.

03/01/2013 at 12:46

Try again-it should work

03/01/2013 at 12:49

Still laughing.

just given next door neighbour 3 raspberry plants, great long roots, I've kept 2 really don't need more.

Taken a deep breath and changed/will change internet provider, hope I have more success than Becks.

Think I'll put front garden on garden design thread to see if anyone else has ideas.

03/01/2013 at 12:53

Thanks a bunch Bjay-so my idea was not any good?

03/01/2013 at 13:00

No as I have said it made me think curves. And led me to wondering about 1 big curve or 2 small curves, so you sort of channeled my thinking

When a local neighbourhood watch geyser came round to see my garden he called it quirky so Gary, I think he would say your pictures would fit in!!

03/01/2013 at 13:09

This geyser would make a nice feature

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/geyser-california-old-faithful.jpg

This geezer might not

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/dodgy-geezer.jpg

and your geyser/geezer was?

03/01/2013 at 13:11

Daughter has just found my balloon pump circa '60's. No, she cant have it, t'was part of my childhood, but they sell them on e-bay!

Now to see if I can fit the tree back into it's box- I may be gone some time...... J.

03/01/2013 at 13:14

Afties,   Quirky - love that word . Been mooching around the semi-solid bits in the garden but it's far too wet to tackle anything really. Found squirrel damage in a tub of bulbs.

Bjay, Gary's vision would certainly be a talking point . 

Hola, Geoff. So you've made your mind up.

Thinking of changing my name on here. I sound like an extra from Dallas.

03/01/2013 at 13:14

This time next week Rodney we will be double millionaires

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dearest in Christ,

With Due Respect And Humanity,Let me first of all inform you, I got your email address from a mail Directory and decided to mail you for a permission to go ahead.
I am Mrs.Gretchen Mishra from Switzerland. I am married to Mr.Tom Mishra who worked with a construction company in Asia for twenty Years before he died in the tsunami disasters, we were married but without Any children.

I am now suffering from long time breast Cancer and Cancer of the lungs, from all indication my condition is really deterioration and it is quite obvious that i won't live more than 2 months according to my doctor, this is because the cancer stage has gotten to a very bad stage

Since his death I decided not to re-marry. I deposited the sum of four million five hundred thousand united states dollars($4.5million) with the Bicici bank Abidjan Cote D' Ivoire. And now i am willing to donate this sum of $4.5million to the less privilegeds and to contribute to development of church in Africa, America, Asia, and Europoe.

My late husband was a very wealthy and after his death, I inherited all his business and wealth, Presently this money is still with the bank and the management just Wrote me as the beneficiary to come forward to receive the money or rather Issue a letter of authorization to somebody to receive it on my behalf If I cannot come over.

I am presently in a hospital where I have been undergoing treatment Cancer of the lungs in a hospital , I have since lost my ability To talk and my doctors have told me that I have only a few months to Live. Please i want you to note that this money is lying in the Bank in Abidjan Cote D' Ivoire

I want a person that is trustworthy that will utilize 90% of this money to fund churches, orphanages and widows around the world but in my name Gretchen Mishra"As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the bank.I will also issue you a letter of authority that will prove you as The new beneficiary of this fund.

Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein and Keep this contact confidential till such a time this funds get to your Custody,this is to ensure that nothing jeopardizes my last wish on Earth.

Thanks and God bless you
I await your urgent reply.
Regards,
Mrs.Gretchen Mishra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

03/01/2013 at 13:18

My begging letter to you is in the post.

03/01/2013 at 13:23
afternoon lovelies!!
I is playing!!! Santa came late (or early) and bought me an iPad!!
I may be some time sussing it out.
03/01/2013 at 13:26

Geoff they are looking for someone trustworthy, so that is your get out clause I am stunned that you are actually going to make the leap, such fun.

I have planted 130 tulips and now will have a think about garden design problem

03/01/2013 at 13:39

Foiled again-never fort of that

So JR-what you going to change to?-will it be another competition?

Becks wiil be missing for hours now

03/01/2013 at 13:42

Yes, Geoff, don't forget your cyber friends.

Changing the subject, did anyone see Nature's Weirdest Events on BBC one two days ago? The polar bears were waiting for the ice to form and had gathered in a town in Churchill in Canada. One bear  went towards some sled dogs which were tethered and the owner thought that the bear would kill the dog. To his amazment the polar bear and dog started to play together. Chris Packam, the presenter, said that sometimes the play instinct is stronger than the hunger instinct. Really worth watching on IPlayer if you missed it.

03/01/2013 at 13:45

Been to the Iceland geyser, geyser from neighbourhood Watch was trying to persuade me to enter garden comp he was involved with,  he was alittle like 2nd geyser!

Hi Becks, Are you back, back or just dropping in

Solved the electrical problem, when tumble dryer begins to get warm it trips the box. just phoned a man who will come and try  to fix dryer - shock was, he is coming on Sunday What happened to a day of rest?

03/01/2013 at 13:49

Hi Becks , Kate and Pam  

Will watch that Pam. Sounds good.

No idea yet Geoff  but I'll think of something.

Need to catch up on some stuff on the planner - still haven't seen Ripper St.