London (change)
Today 13°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 5°C
03/01/2013 at 13:54

Perhaps he is the Vicar byjay?-does electrics on the side?-after Communion

Up to date on all telly- all Christmas films watched-Von Ryan's Express on now

Christmas is over-all decs,tree, cards, gone-son still has pressies to open this weekend

03/01/2013 at 14:04

Just found out raspberries can be planted/trained to go over an arch. Now where can i put them??? I have an arch in a box somewere.

03/01/2013 at 14:16
Busy-Lizzie wrote (see)

... How on earth did Gary put the pink wheelbarrow on the lawn?

Wheeled it through the front gate.

The same way that these people got into your garden...

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/17301.jpg?width=384&height=350&mode=max

03/01/2013 at 14:42

You could put in a series of arches making a walkway to the front door.

No news so far on Grandad, but when you're 100 years old any illness is cause for concern.

Phillipa Gregory wrote 'The Other Boleyn Girl' didn't she? As well as other novels set in that era. Have read a couple of her books.

Have watched the Ripper street but not the Stephen King scary thing yet.

My decs will have to stay until the weekend now as I'm back at work. Very quiet here though, I have to say. And it was a struggle getting up this morning!

03/01/2013 at 14:50

Gary, I wish they were - to prune, weed and advise. Are you another computer whizz?

Geoff, when I had letters like that I thought it was because I did fund raising for charities on behalf of the C of E in SW France. Don't answer, they want details of your bank account - but I'm sure you know that.

03/01/2013 at 14:56

Liz-yes-have just had a genuine (?) e-mail from pay-pal-genuine being the question- saying a card has expired and to add a new one click "here"-didn't and forwarded on as a spoof -e-mail so it can be checked out-it did look genuine -followed all the rules but am so wary

There you are B-jay another suggestion -now am humming"Underneath the Arches"

03/01/2013 at 14:56
Busy-Lizzie wrote (see)

I wish they were - to prune, weed and advise. Are you another computer whizz?

I thought your visitors were simply admiring. You may have more exerience than at least one of them.

Not really, but I do find PhotoShop useful, for editing photos.

I've already done one stint outside today. I think I'll do another hour's pottering before tea.

03/01/2013 at 15:00

Just done some garden tidying while thinking about raspberries.

There are 2 places I could put an arch with them growing over, but I have the bare root plants now - heeled in and the places are lawn which would need a long term soil improvement first.

I like the idea of an arch up the front path, Lottie but it would need to be connected to the plants around it which brings it back to Geoffs curvasiouness or something else and I have to leave enough space to manoeuvre a caravan, which we have occassionally on the front.

Just spell checked that word base on curves and it suggested cushions!

03/01/2013 at 15:08

Just rechecked the pay-pal -e-mail-it is a forgery-they were missing the gold lock-everything else about is is genuine even warning of phishing e-mails and the way of addressing -so please be aware -it is getting very sophisticated

03/01/2013 at 15:10
Afternoon everyone!
Started to rain again but I managed to get out and test out my new Christmas pressie secateurs!
Just a bit of tidying but lovely to be out in the fresh air.

Loads of little catkins coming on my corkscrew hazel. Last year there were some hazelnuts. Didn't eat them-wasn't sure what to do with them really. Thought about drying them but they dropped off in wet windy weather.
Dug out lots of baby yucca plants. The big yucca was dug out but these keep on popping back up!

Enjoy the iPad, Becks! I love mine
Coffee time
03/01/2013 at 15:11

Geoffrey Pearson, your credit card has been removed
Trouble reading this?
Add e+services@intl.paypal.co.uk to your Address Book

Dear Geoffrey Pearson, On Jan 2013, your credit card has been removed from your PayPal account.

Possible reasons for removal:

1. Your credit card has expired.
  2. Your credit card has been declined.
  3. Your credit card has insufficient funds to cover a recent transaction.

To avoid any interruption to your service, please add a new credit card by following the steps below. If you do not add a card:

• You may no longer be able to send instant PayPal payments.

To add a new credit card, click on the 'Add Card' button below: Add Card
Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

How do I know this is not a Spoof email? Spoof or "phishing" emails tend to have generic greetings such as "Dear PayPal user". Emails from PayPal will always address you by your first and last name. Find out more here. This email was sent to********* , because your email preferences are set to receive "Emails from PayPal". Click to unsubscribe.

Copyright PayPal. All rights reserved.

03/01/2013 at 15:12
Glad I read your Paypal email info, Geoff.
I had one too.
I have ignored it and thought I would log in the usual way and check my account!
03/01/2013 at 15:13

That is what it looks like-have just removed some personal stuff--but it had a pay-pal logo

03/01/2013 at 15:13

If I was redesigning a front garden I would go for a Knot garden, once you get the structure right you could then ring the changes in between the evergreens.I would have an unusual sculpture in the middle.

03/01/2013 at 15:15

The link has now been reported as web forgery-but how many people were fooled?

It even took you to "the" login page -didn't go any further

03/01/2013 at 15:15
Actually Geoff, I think mine is genuine! I am just very cynical and suspicious!
Will still log in from usual page
03/01/2013 at 15:21

I doubt it Nola-they are just being clever-as I only use pay-pal for the odd e-bay purchase not that bothered-will check if anything dodgy is going on

Now where were we-before I rudely interrupted

03/01/2013 at 15:33

I think a knot garden sounds lovely, but where would the caravan go? You would have to like clipping small hedges.

03/01/2013 at 15:38

I had an e-mail from Santander, Looked like real thing, logo, FSA reg everthing. OH said check. That was phishing. So pleased I was carefull.

Hi Kate. i had already thought knot garden, I even have a book of medieval knot designs, but sometimes we have to fit caravan on. I could do one on the one side but then, well, uneven. 

03/01/2013 at 15:39

Afternoon, just having a break from he marking. Have managed to suss out how to mark using our 'virtual learning environment', I am very pround of myself. Just hope the students can now access the marks!

Nola, are you on your ipad? How do you get smilies/smileys????

Pam, yes I have read all the historical ones, but got a bit bored of the repetition from previous books in some. Her non historic ones are shorter and very good reading.

Geoff, lots of tat in our house. OH just sorting out magzines to take to the docs, we are magazineololics!