London (change)
Today 13°C / 4°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 7°C
04/01/2013 at 11:56

Not done link right, sorry I think you may have to tell me again!

04/01/2013 at 11:59

http://www.gardenersworld.com/win/register-for-our-seed-club/108.html

I think you did it in bold-rather than posting the link?

04/01/2013 at 12:13

Am back. Not a wobble at all today, & it's a good 2mile round trip with some shopping bits on return.

Munching on lunch. Still to go & pick some foliage for a vase, but even just doing that shall wear waterproof trousers as it's so wet out there, but at least it isnt raining today!

Lottie- quite a few 'lurgies' going about. Rang a friend earlier- was hoping to scrounge a cuppa, but she's just getting over viral flu & still feeling pretty rough so advised me to stay away. We'll get together when daughter on nights again in a week.

Glad Grandad now doing ok. When they get that old they are tough! J.

04/01/2013 at 12:50

3 bags of tat/rubbish etc-gone to tip

04/01/2013 at 13:01

Hello Forkers, munching on lunch of rye sourdough, butter and Cheddar cheese having had some soup first.

Well....so much to read since I was on first thing this mornig I am not sure where to start...

Good news about Grandad, jasmine, seed club (have just joined so thanks for that) and visit to tip....

Went for a long walk this morning so need a little rest before friend comes at 1500!

Take care everyone and I hope it isn't raining with you either today 

04/01/2013 at 13:16

Afternoon lovelies!!

I am happy, happy, happy!! The sun is out, engineer has been out and broadband is fixed, and Jess has just gone off for the day with her Auntie Angie!!

Lottie, great news about Grandad!

Geoff, are you certain it was rubbish, not undiscovered treasure?

04/01/2013 at 13:20

Welcome back to the complete cybersphere  Becks at long last -what was the problem?

It wasn't me that sorted it -I am not allowed to

Haven't lunched yet

04/01/2013 at 13:23

It was actually the main land line cable that was corroded. He had to climb the pole to fix it! He said he's surprised it had lasted this long, the state of it!

I've had a cheese and tomato cob.

04/01/2013 at 13:30

Still waiting for service

OH has gone off to source turkey-son has decided he wants Christmas Dinner tomorrow

I blame the weather again

04/01/2013 at 13:34

Sorry for late registration but was out collecting bags of horse manure

Lottie good news about Grandad.

Girasole I live 3 mins from Great Cambridge Road, does this make us neighbours?

Becks good news about Broadband, we had a 3 month refund of rental when we lost our service, took OH about 30 mins on the phone but well worth it.

Geoff there is a company near us that pays for clothes/tat, might be worth a google.

04/01/2013 at 13:38

Kate1123, we could even be neighbours if you would like but more to the point I grew up in Hoddesdon and went to the primary school in Broxbourne....where Geoff Hamilton went too but a bit before my time!

04/01/2013 at 13:39

Just been delving round the back of greenhouse, now a pleasant experience, nasty brambles and some thing with very long vicious thorns, cut it down and neighbour says he will come and cut thick stem -it wasn't there last year - while he has his cutting machinery out

There is a pub in a local village that had to ask customers to leave during their Christmas dinner as the flood waters were rising inside the pub. It is still flooded now!

Also cleared brassica bed ready for onons and garlic, late i know but not as late as last year - oh but I haven't grown onions before

Good news about grandad  My mum is 90 at the end of the month and I am trying to organise abit of a do

04/01/2013 at 13:41

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A10_road_(England)

Which bit of are you near, Kate1123?

S.

04/01/2013 at 13:42
kate1123 wrote (see)

Sorry for late registration but was out collecting bags of horse manure

Kate, be honest, would you accept that excuse from a member of your Maths class?

04/01/2013 at 13:43

Back later, Forkers....feeling 

04/01/2013 at 13:43

Girasole which Primary? I actually live in West Cheshunt but used to teach in Broxbourne.

Flo my current school is so disorganised that pupils walk  in late all the time and they all seem to have lame excuses about seeing someone, the horse manure would just make me laugh.

04/01/2013 at 13:54

Maybe you could walk in late next time and give your horse manure excuse to them!!

04/01/2013 at 14:10

Back again -have been fed-and yes I could have got it myself but that would just be anti-social

Is it nice horse manure Kate- from a nice horse like Flicka?

04/01/2013 at 14:23
Geoff, What you need is Champion the Wonder Horse manure!,
04/01/2013 at 14:26
Apologies for my rudeness, good afternoon forkers.

I had a bacon and mushroom sandwich brunch, then back down to marking. I am very slow, or thorough as I like to call it!!

We have a tat/junk trip to make, I have persuaded OH to part with all those blinkin' home recorded videos. hurray, a breakthrough.

Glyn