London (change)
Today 22°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 13°C
06/01/2013 at 12:59

I've been watching 'The Hoarder next door' on catch up. Some of their houses are shocking!

06/01/2013 at 13:02

I was worried about turning into a candidate for that programme so before Christmas I got rid of three years of old gardening magazines.

06/01/2013 at 13:08

KG, I remember dumping many years-worth of Which magazines in the recycling. It's so much handier to belong to the online version!

Being a teacher there was never any question of being able to take annual  leave when needed but having a sympathetic boss helped. Once I had to have my very sick little dog put to sleep on a Monday and couldn't face school so said I'd take the day unpaid. My kind boss said take it anyway and I'll still pay you. She was a doggy person so obviouly understood.

06/01/2013 at 13:34

Hi Forkers.

Seems like emptying nests and clearing out is the topic of the day.

I have just dismantled Christmas, had a massive sort out of the stuff, relabelled boxes and thrown old unused stuff away.. Have followed Jo's idea and put a sticky label with Christamas notes on October on the calender. Thanks Jo

back to boxes now

see you later!

06/01/2013 at 13:39

I've still to sort through all the neatly filed garden mags, bigsigh. My work related mags nearly all gone into the recycling bin. I cancelled a subscription to a weekly one last yr. I found still plastic covered copies on the shelf when doing that sort out.

OH is terrible, must be genetic as, SIL is still a horder & MIL was. He's got a large numbers of similarly still plastic covered mags both in workshop/study & on shelf on half-landing. Wonder if he'll miss any?

Oh heck, OH has just presented me with a mixer blade covered with chocolate icing....... J.

06/01/2013 at 13:42

Glad to be of service to those of us who are getting (got in my case) memory challenged! J.

06/01/2013 at 14:31

Just been for a walk to the shop, and park. Still a bit nippy out there.

I am also a hoarder. Maily paperwork and furniture. Will be having a huge clearout after watching these hoarder next door episodes! Apparently it's a mental illness!

06/01/2013 at 15:03

Have watched the film-haven't seen that for ages

I am surrounded by a bunch of nutters then by the sound of it

06/01/2013 at 15:09

Right tree now out on patio, hope to move it to long term position tomorrow.

We are going to attempt to keep it as it had roots. At the moment it is having a drink, the person we bought it off said sometimes they take sometimes not. Just read throught the thread on the trees and it seems must water it regularly all year and feed it with either tomato feed (Gary) or seaweed feed. We shall have to see.

we have left fruniture where they are as will have to move it all again for M big do in a couple of weeks.

Feel shattered now., and it seems to be getting misty.

06/01/2013 at 15:22

Geoff who are you calling nutters 

I have also started tidying up decs and general holiday debris, then I need to start sorting seeds, it must be time soon

06/01/2013 at 15:28

Kate-I am saying nothing-you know perfectly well it is not sowing time yet-though apparently not all agree

All of us keepers -hoarders, will not throw anything away in case we need it sorters- are nutters-Channel 4 says so

06/01/2013 at 15:33

Found all sorts of things a the bottom of the wardrobe I had forgotten I'd got, must be a case for going to the tip.

Thought we were going out tomorrow evening for meal at daughters, but it seems she thinks they are coming to us, crossed wires somewhere, so gues what, I've started to make a shepherds pie, nothing changes

What's your big do Rosa? Forgive me if I've missed the info, but I haven't been on the forum quite as much as usual and haven't read all the postings.

Cup of tea and mince pie required by OH so must away. Got to keep him at the decorating

Chris.

06/01/2013 at 15:43

Just seen Patsy Kensit on TV-plugging Weight-Watchers-was she over weight??

Weight-watcher members?

06/01/2013 at 15:46

You've still got mincepies Chris?

OH says part of the choc cake staying here- help!!

Anybody remember JEEMAR/Tellima from the beeb boards? I can remember her egging 'you gels' on with our sort-outs/spring cleaning. I can still hear her everytime I open the plate cupboard & see the dust! Yes folks, Mrs Mop doesnt do inside her cupboards! Shock horror! I do hope this yr to get some of them done, after all I did have an excuse last yr & even for the previous yr!

OH & me have just pootling up/round park & he's now snoring in chair! I have remote! J.

06/01/2013 at 15:52

But then Jo there are three of you in that house-perhaps one of those might consider helping-night time is for sleeping

06/01/2013 at 15:56

Jo.-- I got carried away with the Christmas baking, and even after giving a lot away we still have some left. I don't eat them very often so OH has to keep wading through them, not that he's complaining. Still some in the freezer

I hate cleaning out cupboards, but love to see them all nice and clean and tidy once the job is done. Cleaned the oven the other day, now that is a job I could do without, after all the Christmas cooking, trouble is once it's clean I don't want to use it again.

Chris

06/01/2013 at 16:00

Geoff, stop nagging! I know, I know, but a lot easier for me to sort out our/my things. Wouldnt dream of touching OH's & daughter is good at sorting her stuff, normally.........

Now to annoy them by watching something on i-player... J.

06/01/2013 at 16:02

I have to confess......Today I have done......."Bugger All"  I did have plan's! 

OH went to visit her Mum, had the house to myself, so got a coffee, pulled out the glossies, n have done nothing but read all day! n must admit, no radio's, no telly's, just me, the mag's n my friendly little squirrel who visit's the back yard often! n must admit, It's been "Bloody Lovely" 

06/01/2013 at 16:04

Jo -but you make out you have so much to do-and yet all those around you are sleeping-then you say your energy levels are low-sorry-but just doesn't seem right

Not nagging-just don't get it

06/01/2013 at 16:10

Opp's! Seems I have entered during a domestic!