London (change)
Today 15°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 17°C / 10°C
08/01/2013 at 15:12

Just been to GC to buy stakes. Are completely remodelling the place so some good plants in their 'plant sale' area. I wanted a pyracantha and got a good sized not unhealthy looking one for £5. The ones more than double the price had berries. next year this will be fine. Also wanted a Buddliea, there were some in sale but not really what I wanted, then found THE one, had it in other house, it has silvery grey leaves and deep lilac flowers so ... fell into trolley. Also bought 2 tree stakes and some farmyard manure, didn't check the peat content though

It is now pouring with rain so will not be planting tree today. Certainly seems to be getting cooler.

Hmm dill sauce. but will it go with ham as well?

08/01/2013 at 15:13

Am I walking for a cause? Not specifically, but I need to get fitter! Dont 'do' gyms & enjoy walking anyway.

It's organised by a breast cancer charity, so people will be at all different stages of treatment I expect. We had to fill in & return a questionaire, which I did & sent off. Assume no news is good news.

The 3 of us going met at the local hospital course & all at slightly different stages, having had different treatments. All of us would like to trim off a few pounds, wouldnt we all?! So it cant do us any harm. Except there is a very nice cafe down there...... J.

08/01/2013 at 15:16

Dill sauce could do nicely I'd have thought Bjay. If you're providing one sauce more for the ham & one more for the fish surely that would do? J.

08/01/2013 at 15:26

Aah, right. Just wondered if it was a sponsered walk, something like that.

08/01/2013 at 15:27

I was hoping for one to suit both! Save time etc

08/01/2013 at 15:37

Don't say I got some cooking advice right-me a bloke who know nuffin?

08/01/2013 at 16:49

Just watched the first episode of A-Z of gardening. Just what you need on a dark & wet winter's afternoon. J.

08/01/2013 at 17:14

Have been playing angry birds on Kindle-what are you reading on yours Jo?

08/01/2013 at 17:25

Hello all. Back in the land of the living today, after a very grotty day yesterday. Still snotty and woolly headed but feeling brighter. I got so hot at one point yesterday I went outside to cool off - in my pyjamas. Good job my garden isn't overlooked!

Watched the Tasmania footage - so scary! I bet none of those children forget that experience in a hurry. Thank goodness the grandparents kept their cool and found an escape route. 

08/01/2013 at 17:29

Watched that yesterday Jo. This afternoon I've watched some programmes  from Geoff hamilton DVD. OH commented that it was made before we had such wet/strange weather. Still relevant though.

08/01/2013 at 17:50

Lottie -I prescribe a weeks sick leave

Bjay-I doubt that is the case-they may just have had different filming schedules-I remember a GH GW with him tramping through snow-they started in February in those days

08/01/2013 at 17:57

Just watched a single person win £60,000 on The Chase-I could do that

08/01/2013 at 17:59

The place or a show??

08/01/2013 at 18:03

The show-but can sense your excitement -is there not a money tree in your garden?

Do parents still say that -"do you think money grows on trees?"

08/01/2013 at 18:16

It was an OH opiion

I used to say that to mine - but I guess that was a long time ago now

Such a miserable day i lit the fire  very hot here now 

08/01/2013 at 18:17

Yep, I do!

I have just found and installed the Love Film app on my iPad and linked it to my account! Oh Lordy!! So much to choose from. I am in Movie and Box Set heaven!!

08/01/2013 at 18:20

Yes they do Geoff! I am a prime candidate! 

Dove! Watched the footage! Very heart rendering! Yeah! I shed a tear!  But always do when kiddies are involved! But all safe n reunited! Thank God for small mercies! 

N that little girl Sguidging her Mum's face was a picture! 

Glad too all feeling unwell have perked! 

Good evening all n everyone else! 

08/01/2013 at 18:48

Had a good day Dean? You sound chirpy!

08/01/2013 at 18:54

Geoff re the Kindle. Have started the sample of Claire Balding's book- probably will get, plus another 3 book one from the sale that I sampled. Need daughter to watch over this pc duffer as I negotiate around.... clutching my gift card....

I gave her permission to open my T&M seed catalogue earlier! At least we can share the order & she uses one of those discount sites & the price is still the same, but with even more £ off! She's got to be nice to me or I wont donate to/lend her the little plastic greenhouse I've got in my shed! J.

08/01/2013 at 18:57

Not bad Beck's! Had a rescue mission early door's!

One of the lad's trapped is foot between a taillift n a truck body! Ouch! That's gotta hurt!   Nothing broken but his ego! Proper Divy thing to do! So I Jumped on with him just incase!

So yeah! The day went sweet!