London (change)
Today 29°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 18°C
09/01/2013 at 14:08
sotongeoff wrote (see)

-you need to aim better

That's one of my ripostes!! A lot of people don't get it!

Had 10 mins sun, it's gone again now

09/01/2013 at 14:13

-it has got cooler

Why is Miracle on 34thStreet on again in-January?

Will put the radio on

09/01/2013 at 14:16

B&Q are big in several European countries. The group has different trading names in each country.

In France, they call themselves Castorama. In Germany, they are Hornbach. In Turkey, they are Koctas. In Spain, they are Brico.....

http://www.bricodepot.es/

They have 20 stores in Spain. Other retailers are available too.

09/01/2013 at 14:17

But do they have 10% beige Wednesday?

09/01/2013 at 14:22

Agent has phoned-first viewing Saturday 2pm-the initial flurry has started

09/01/2013 at 14:38

Ha ha ha. You'll both be running round like blue arsed flies on Friday, making sure it all looks ship shape!

09/01/2013 at 14:42

I wont -but I know who will be- and be fretting

Jo must be still wandering round the back streets of Salford -map in hand-or compass-trying to get home

09/01/2013 at 14:45

Oh yeah, it was her walk today.

09/01/2013 at 14:47

Another one on Saturday for 11.15-this is better than a diary

I wonder if Jo's gang had rucksacks and walking poles

09/01/2013 at 14:54

Just popped in for a moment. I was given a tip this morning about my very late garlic which I have now put into practice! Hope it works.

I wasn't sure where to put the info I was given so started a new thread. Some peeps have looked so hopefully it will help them.

Poor Dove is having a rough time at the moment - very kind thoughts to Dove.

Geoff - don't make the house too tidy as it also needs to look lived it 

Getting cooler here in Cambridge with the sun already going down but the days are getting slightly longer very gradually which is good.

Have taken the plastic cover off my T & M catalogue but not ventured any further....yet! I have quite a few seeds over from last year so must go through those first!.

09/01/2013 at 15:07

Sun is dropping and it's getting noticablely cooler here too. We might get a few light frosts. I've just brought a couple of plants from cold greenhouse, into the house.

Notice that there seem to be lots of forums for British Expats living in Spain. These seem particularly active, with lots of posts today...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/spain-expat-forum-expats-living-spain/

09/01/2013 at 15:10
09/01/2013 at 15:19

I used to like Jessops. A long time ago. But I wouldn't buy a camera from them these days. The last two cameras I bought came from Amazon.

09/01/2013 at 15:20

I told the agent Sasha that the house is lived in -it is not a hotel

09/01/2013 at 15:23

Geoff - what I meant was and I am sure you really know what I meant don't have it all looking clinically tidy .

Definitely getting cooler - need to put an extra jumper on.

Bye for now

09/01/2013 at 15:26

Have looked at two weather forecasts for the next few days and over the weekend - one says daytime temperatures of 4 to 5 degrees, the other is saying daytime temperatures of -4 to -5 degrees! I'm hoping the first one has it right!

09/01/2013 at 15:34

Yes it's getting colder here in Lincoln too, just pleased we haven't got the heat that they have in Australia. I couldn't cope with 45C  and the fear of losing you home etc  is just awful. I have got relatives in Melbourne and at the moment they are ok.

Do you think John Mc has got a hope in hell of getting £3m?  be interesting to see the outcome.

Time for a cuppa and a biccky, no chocolate fingers but we have got some Cadburys assortment to be opened, I will try to resist.

09/01/2013 at 15:35

Sasha -yes-I told him it is not a hotel-he didn't get the joke

Lottie the forecast for Sunday- at lunchtime today- said daytime 3C-but sunny

09/01/2013 at 15:38

I think Chris, he is having a punt

Jo -to group the "Well the M60 was here yesterday"

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/walking-group.jpg

09/01/2013 at 16:29

Finished. Lovely day. planted rose and raspberries that were 'heeled' in. Planted tree and 3 different sorts of rhubarb which have also been in temporary accomodation. Planted 2 shrubs bought yesterday, raked up yet another very large bag full of leaves and found some daffodils. Forgot I had them.

Lost my gardening gloves so raked through gathered leaves in case had put them in bag, found them hiding on the shelf in the greenhouse (doh smiley)

Just had bath to ease aching limbs and now in front of fire which OH had set, Think it was the first time he's done it.

I went to Greenland and there was a Spar there!

Perhaps that ex-pat forum was bust becaise they heard Geoff will be joining them

we were told to take dog out when there were viewers.