London (change)
Today 13°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 9°C
12/01/2013 at 15:19

Just a quick 'hello' peeps. Have been offline for 24 hours . Hope you are all well. Haven't got time to stay but in the meantime take care 

S.

12/01/2013 at 15:19

I've been buying myself more pressies  raspeberry canes, a big bunch of yellow tulips for the dining table, and a Helleborus x ericsmithhii 'Snow Love' http://www.thegardencentregroup.co.uk/item/Herbaceous-Perennials/Snow-Love-PBR/NM2 described on the label as having creamy-white flowers, and on the link above as having green flowers - it has loadsa buds so we shall wait and see.  I haven't planted it yet - it looks quite happy in its pot at the moment, so it can sit on the terrace with the pots of wallflowers and wait for a warmer gardening day than we've got today.  I also picked up a few half price veggie seeds   

Oh, hello Sasha 

12/01/2013 at 15:48

So cold outside.

Becks out of the mouths of babes.

Geoff do not understand Gollia comment

12/01/2013 at 15:54

Gorilla- alpha male-lots of grunting -little woman says nothing

It has finally stopped raining here now -but is noticeably cooler -ice will be the next hazard

Dove -that is naughty but nice-and hello Sasha

12/01/2013 at 16:32

Geoff I just had a image of someone very hairy

Is there anything on TV tonight?

12/01/2013 at 16:44

We will be watching Bob the Builder,Humph,Dora the Explorer and other dvds  We are babysitting Lily and Tolly this evening  I have made some cheese straws and cooked some little sausages - and we have other nibbles ,too

Pam LLx

12/01/2013 at 16:44

Crap tv again

Splash-heard an interview the other day with one of the contestants who said she did it just simply for the money

Oh for the pre-Christmas days of XF and SCD

12/01/2013 at 16:55

Saints win

12/01/2013 at 16:56

Think we'll be watching Time Team then wall to wall Last of the Summer Wine - makes us smile .... lots 

12/01/2013 at 17:03

Afties, Haven't looked at whats on TV yet - been to friends and Cosco . Not nearly as exciting as your purchases , Dove, - cat food and cat litter and beer .

Do you think the gorilla will be back then Geoff?

Cold here as well. We are going to Leeds tomorrow. Wondering if that's a good idea.

I have also been house hunting.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/17594.jpg?width=262&height=350&mode=max

12/01/2013 at 17:09

What a silly-billy

12/01/2013 at 17:11

Watching NCIS series 6. hasn't been repeated before, watching Marple of some sort at moment. That's it as far as I can see. Guess be asleep on settee by then anyway

Great house Jean 

Lovely pressies Dove. Want to go back to our GC as still have a token but will have to break the news gently to OH He He

12/01/2013 at 17:17

Pam I am great with kids and I love nibbles

Saints out of relegation zone

I will have to spend evening knitting a hat in preparation for Mondays Arctic weather.

Geoff I thought that they did it for the journey

12/01/2013 at 17:21

Hoping it won't come to that Bjay.  We have been counting the longtails and had 13 this morning. Now I know we are in for some serious weather. They always appear in droves just before it gets cold and have a feeding frenzy but we have stocked everything up on the tables and the feeders. Feel sorry for them - they are so slight.

Went for a nosy round daughter's old house today. Still empty but new heating systems been installed. Think a landlord has bought it. Makes you wonder what all the rush was about.

12/01/2013 at 17:23

Hello Kate. I will be knitting some longjohns.

12/01/2013 at 17:24

Jean what a great idea

12/01/2013 at 17:38

Jean, didn't know that my cousin's house in Winnipeg was on the market! Viewings in Jan-Feb only, of course. In the summer giant mosquitoes move in!

Sunny and frosty here,too- and down to about -2*-not cold enough for outside pipe to freeze; will see if that insulation helps this year.

12/01/2013 at 17:56

Morning Inka

Hope your insulation holds. we have an outside tap with a flowerpot stuffed with bubble wrap fastened onto it. Someone on this forum/thread found the idea. Hope it works.

We had 6 weeks to get out of our house, thought they were going to sell it on at a profit, but they are still there. they were 'into' property.

12/01/2013 at 18:16

When we put my M's bungalow on the market we had all sorts of od-bods viewing, asking loads of questions and making stupid comments. They wanted a mansion for a rock bottom price.

I know what you mean about the gorilla Geoff, we had our fair share of morons. there are some very funny- peculiar people about. We  thought we would never sell and then we had a couple who wanted to relocate from France, weren't bothered about the condition and bought it without a survey for cash..

It's been a lovely day here, cold but bright, will have to see if the snow arrives, We might be building an igloo too.

World without End on channel 4 tonight, sequel to Pillars of the Earth. Hope this is better than Pillars. Its got a better write up so might give it a whirl, I like a bit of historical drama.

Catch you later, better get some tea on the go. Sausage, egg and tinned tomatoes.mmmm

Chris.

12/01/2013 at 18:16

As long as it doesn't go below 0 during the day, it will be fine. If it freezes, I have no running water in the house. Happened twice last winter. Hope the insulation works!