Start a new thread

17,241 to 17,260 of 29,275 replies

Girasole

Just a quick 'hello' peeps. Have been offline for 24 hours . Hope you are all well. Haven't got time to stay but in the meantime take care 

S.

Dovefromabove

I've been buying myself more pressies  raspeberry canes, a big bunch of yellow tulips for the dining table, and a Helleborus x ericsmithhii 'Snow Love' http://www.thegardencentregroup.co.uk/item/Herbaceous-Perennials/Snow-Love-PBR/NM2 described on the label as having creamy-white flowers, and on the link above as having green flowers - it has loadsa buds so we shall wait and see.  I haven't planted it yet - it looks quite happy in its pot at the moment, so it can sit on the terrace with the pots of wallflowers and wait for a warmer gardening day than we've got today.  I also picked up a few half price veggie seeds   

Oh, hello Sasha 

kate1123

So cold outside.

Becks out of the mouths of babes.

Geoff do not understand Gollia comment

sotongeoff

Gorilla- alpha male-lots of grunting -little woman says nothing

It has finally stopped raining here now -but is noticeably cooler -ice will be the next hazard

Dove -that is naughty but nice-and hello Sasha

kate1123

Geoff I just had a image of someone very hairy

Is there anything on TV tonight?

Advertisement

Lilylouise

We will be watching Bob the Builder,Humph,Dora the Explorer and other dvds  We are babysitting Lily and Tolly this evening  I have made some cheese straws and cooked some little sausages - and we have other nibbles ,too

Pam LLx

sotongeoff

Crap tv again

Splash-heard an interview the other day with one of the contestants who said she did it just simply for the money

Oh for the pre-Christmas days of XF and SCD

Dovefromabove

Think we'll be watching Time Team then wall to wall Last of the Summer Wine - makes us smile .... lots 

Jean Genie

Afties,
 Haven't looked at whats on TV yet - been to friends and Cosco . Not nearly as exciting as your purchases , Dove, - cat food and cat litter and beer .

Do you think the gorilla will be back then Geoff?

Cold here as well. We are going to Leeds tomorrow. Wondering if that's a good idea.

I have also been house hunting.

Matty2

Watching NCIS series 6. hasn't been repeated before, watching Marple of some sort at moment. That's it as far as I can see. Guess be asleep on settee by then anyway

Great house Jean 

Lovely pressies Dove. Want to go back to our GC as still have a token but will have to break the news gently to OH He He

kate1123

Pam I am great with kids and I love nibbles

Saints out of relegation zone

I will have to spend evening knitting a hat in preparation for Mondays Arctic weather.

Geoff I thought that they did it for the journey

Jean Genie

Hoping it won't come to that Bjay.  We have been counting the longtails and had 13 this morning. Now I know we are in for some serious weather. They always appear in droves just before it gets cold and have a feeding frenzy but we have stocked everything up on the tables and the feeders. Feel sorry for them - they are so slight.

Went for a nosy round daughter's old house today. Still empty but new heating systems been installed. Think a landlord has bought it. Makes you wonder what all the rush was about.

Jean Genie

Hello Kate. I will be knitting some longjohns.

Advertisement

kate1123

Jean what a great idea

Inkadog

Jean, didn't know that my cousin's house in Winnipeg was on the market! Viewings in Jan-Feb only, of course. In the summer giant mosquitoes move in!

Sunny and frosty here,too- and down to about -2*-not cold enough for outside pipe to freeze; will see if that insulation helps this year.

Matty2

Morning Inka

Hope your insulation holds. we have an outside tap with a flowerpot stuffed with bubble wrap fastened onto it. Someone on this forum/thread found the idea. Hope it works.

We had 6 weeks to get out of our house, thought they were going to sell it on at a profit, but they are still there. they were 'into' property.

Lovetogarden

When we put my M's bungalow on the market we had all sorts of od-bods viewing, asking loads of questions and making stupid comments. They wanted a mansion for a rock bottom price.

I know what you mean about the gorilla Geoff, we had our fair share of morons. there are some very funny- peculiar people about. We  thought we would never sell and then we had a couple who wanted to relocate from France, weren't bothered about the condition and bought it without a survey for cash..

It's been a lovely day here, cold but bright, will have to see if the snow arrives, We might be building an igloo too.

World without End on channel 4 tonight, sequel to Pillars of the Earth. Hope this is better than Pillars. Its got a better write up so might give it a whirl, I like a bit of historical drama.

Catch you later, better get some tea on the go. Sausage, egg and tinned tomatoes.mmmm

Chris.

Inkadog

As long as it doesn't go below 0 during the day, it will be fine. If it freezes, I have no running water in the house. Happened twice last winter. Hope the insulation works!