London (change)
Today 27°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 20°C
13/01/2013 at 16:45

Believe me jo, I wouldn't have the patience!! I'd be and and . I'd be shouting and swearing if they were really stoopid! I'm not a 'people' person when it comes to things like that.

13/01/2013 at 16:47

Afties all. Have spent part of today sorting through seeds and seeing what I need to buy - quite a bit as I seem to have used quite a lot last year! Either that or there are more lurking in a cupboard somewhere and I've not found them! Someone offered to post seeds to me but nothing materialised so I guess he forgot!  Mind you I was slow answering his messages, so probably my fault!

Have also done a quick shop to Sainsburys (waved to Pam on passing) but made the mistake of taking son no. 3 with me, which doubled the bill!

I have decided not to do a roast today, so am doing curry - also did a freezer rummage and found some samosas, bhajis and naans, so will warm those up. But before I start on that I need to give son no. 3 a lift as he has a couple of hours work this evening.

Then a night in front of the TV!

13/01/2013 at 16:57

You have got to want to learn Jo and try things-be brave-not much can go wrong- honestly-look at the nagging we had to do to get you to do an avatar and name change and this is the year you are going to get to grips with posting pictures

Now come on-it is 2013-the Chinese year of the breakthrough

Lottie-Mr Selfridge is on again tonight-and you must watch The Hotel on CH4 it is hilarious

Glyn is already angling for a day off

13/01/2013 at 17:41

OK Becks- just like OH & me then!! which is why I took myself to college in the first place.

Geoff, trouble is I dont need nor want to learn. It doesnt really interest me. I can deal with most things that am likely to need on a pc. Ok I agree the photo issue is bugging me, but have actually found my camera under the 'stuff' dumped on the spare bed! So I could surprise everyone & myself, you never know......

Daughter's meal in remoska & am about to do myself some soup & crusty bread. J.

13/01/2013 at 17:41

Hello forkers - hope everyone is well today and settled in the warm for the night.  Will be sat by the fire watching Mr Selfridge later.

Pennine Petal wrote (see)
I am imagining Becks sitting on the floor amidst a huge pile of shredded paper.

and I can imagine Jess having fun with all the shreddings!

Talking about young and cute ... found this photo of me whilst going through box of Dad's old slides. OH has managed to scan them onto a disc for me (in work!).

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/17599.jpg?width=424&height=350&mode=max

13/01/2013 at 17:52

Aaw Caz!! Soo cute!! Jess just said 'Who's that?' I said 'It's Caz!'. She said, 'I wish I could meet Caz, she's my best buddy in the world!!'! You have a friend for life!!

13/01/2013 at 17:53

We have hundreds of slides off my father, and some cine, that I begrudge throwing as they show a different life!!

Lovely garden Caz. Do you remember it?

Just watched Carol Klein on iplayer. Now news, then Blandings which looks spiffing and at 8 we will watch original Yes minister. Feel like a laugh!. Oh and Countryfile in between. That's my evening roasting with fire as well - that is stll a novelty to us.

Dog can't work out why he's banned from settee!!!

13/01/2013 at 17:57

Scanned loads of slides, old negatives and pictures-took a while but now they are all in one place-you could do that Bjay

How far back does that go Caz?

13/01/2013 at 18:01

Aaw bless - big hug for my new friend Jess xxx 

It was only a small back garden in a row of terraced houses in the centre of town but it seemed huge to me.  Dad used to love his snapdragons, pinks, hollyhocks and one rose bush.  I loved the garden gnome on a swing and the big plastic stork! 

Don't let the dog sit too close to the fire BJay

13/01/2013 at 18:02

Evening all  Back from jaunt - over the pennines and back without seeing a single snowflake. Think this is really being hyped up - it's raining here.

Cute photo, Caz.

Hope you have a peg handy, Bjay.

Sky news has now jumped on the bandwagon.  We do not live in Siberia.

13/01/2013 at 18:03

That photo would have been in the early 60's Geoff.

13/01/2013 at 18:06

You look so innocent there

Jean-it says snow here in the night but rain tomorrow-it is a media thing-I just want a day off

13/01/2013 at 18:09

Peg ready. OH has no sense of smell, dog still looking a bit bemused by why he's not having fuss either. Tomorrow all will be well, I hope. - BATH sshhh don't tell him

I'd have to be told how Geoff. Do you need special equipment to accept slides? Am interested but not a clue how

13/01/2013 at 18:11

You are not going to believe this but just looked out of window and it's snowing LOADS.

I may get to build that igloo.

13/01/2013 at 18:14
Hello everyone!
A busy weekend as out with friends yesterday and then family visitors today.

Sorry to hear about your chickens P Pam!

iPad info as Becks says. Depends on what you want to do for amount of storage needed. I have 16GB one and as it gets full I delete stuff not as bothered with.
I don't think you could do without a PC or laptop as well though.
I love how you don't have to wait for an iPad to start up! It is great for emails and web browsing. I would still use the laptop for "work stuff ".
13/01/2013 at 18:15

You spoke too soon Jean .  Hope you've stockpiled plenty of food

13/01/2013 at 18:18

Quite often in the Sunday mags-you will see devices for scanning slides-that then copies then to your picture files-I bought an actual scanner so it can copy other documents as well-it does 4 slides at a time takes about 2 minutes-so it can be a long laborious process-but a labour of love-there were pictures of the kids in prams,holidays etc from 30 years ago

Example-there is this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veho-VFS-004-Negative-Slide-Scanner/dp/B00190WB2K/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1358100989&sr=1-1

or for more money this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-CanoScan-14-6msec-4800x9600dpi-2924B008AA/dp/B001EVK3W4/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1358101064&sr=1-3

13/01/2013 at 18:19

I have sealed all windows with duct tape. turned thermo up to 30 and shopped till I dropped yesterday. Think I'll be fine. Caz.

13/01/2013 at 18:23

Get your bus pass Jean-you have pulled

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/dogsledmzw6.jpg

13/01/2013 at 18:29

Thanks Geoff. Looks really useful. Would you think the cheaper one would be OK??