London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 19°C / 10°C
13/01/2013 at 18:30

. Quite fancy a go on one of them

I'm not swapping my canoe though,

13/01/2013 at 18:31
Jean R wrote (see)

You are not going to believe this but just looked out of window and it's snowing LOADS.

I may get to build that igloo.

Oh, stop Hyping it up Jean! You do NOT live in Siberia!!!

Are you going Sledging?? You and Glyn could have races!!

13/01/2013 at 18:34
Caz! Ace picture! Very cute!

Beck's I did pick up your link on the iphone earlier! Cheers! n yeah I do realise the ipad n laptop are two different things altogether!

The deal is done! in the bag at the side of me as we speak!

Just laptop to sort! Will speak to gaffer next week n put in my order! But you don't get a choice, just what comes through at the time!

n all who showed interest in seeds n barerooted stuff! Now work as started to slow down, at long last! Shall endevour to dispatch early part of this coming week!

Stand by ya letter boxes!
13/01/2013 at 18:35
I have my winter boots at the ready! I bought them last year and that was the kiss of death for the snow, I didn't get to wear them-it melted the day after I bought them!

It has got rather chilly here but no sign of snow.
13/01/2013 at 18:35

Beck's I can't stop laughing.  I'm having a right old rant over the weather coverage on Sky and  hubbie said casually Did you know it's snowing ?

It's getting a bit heavier now as well.

13/01/2013 at 18:41

Geoff, can't tell you when spring arrives here - depends on the weather! But we don't usually have frosts from mid-April, I leave it till early May to plant bedding plants. The roses are in full swing by the end of May.

Spent some of the afternoon in the greenhouse, no more dead tomatoes in there now, but haven't finished the washing as it started to get dark, 5.50pm.

Having garden veg soup tonight, butternut squash, onions, carrots, potatoes in it. Will be watching Mr. Selfridge on satellite TV. Meant to be illegal here but everyone has it. Don't tell anyone.

Please don't snow over Stansted on Tuesday.

13/01/2013 at 18:44

Glad you're sorted Dean. They are handy though! Mine is like a portable TV!! I'm sure that's not what they were intended for, but it suits me!

Jean! You'll have to put more on now, not just your skimpy stuff when you're in those shackles and chains!!

13/01/2013 at 18:48

Jean, just had to check how far north you are! Nothing doing here, I have the same forecast as Geoff - a light dusting in the night and then rain tomorrow. I really don't live in Siberia!

Jo, you got any snow?

Dean, you are a hero - I shall hold off on shopping in case I get a surprise package!

Curry nearly ready, son no. 3 dispatched to work, so I'll have to go and collect him in an hour. Will record Countryfile.

I'm still watching Ripper Street - don't mind a bit of gore!

13/01/2013 at 18:49

Oi , don't start on that old chestnut.

Does that mean I can't go out and build a snowman in my leather leotard?

13/01/2013 at 18:50

That reminds me- daughter & me need to finalise our T&M seed order.

All food eaten here, taping Blandings- daughter not enjoying it.

Ironing next to do- think will find something I've taped to watch whilst doing that. Keep warm folks, J.

13/01/2013 at 18:51

Hi Lottie, we are in Skelmersdale  - just outside Ormskirk.

13/01/2013 at 18:51

No Lottie, no snow. Daughter said very light, sleety stuff as she drove back from nearer the Pennines. J.

13/01/2013 at 18:58

Bjay-have a look here they all do a similar job-just make sure it is compatible with whatever version of windows you run

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dcomputers&field-keywords=slide+and+negative+scanners

13/01/2013 at 19:06

Jean! I bet Geoff is googling images as we speak!!

13/01/2013 at 19:08

Thanks again Geoff will look more tomorrow.

13/01/2013 at 19:08

Countryfile is on in the back ground-deer poaching and Cannock Chase being mentioned heavily-Rebecca!!!

13/01/2013 at 19:14

It's not ME that's deer poaching Geoffrey!!! Good Lord! Talk about branded!!

13/01/2013 at 19:17

Must be David then-always had my suspicions about him

13/01/2013 at 19:20

I don't even like poached deer!! I have mine oven roasted!!

13/01/2013 at 19:22

Now Jean -this leather gear-is it red or black?

And Dean -how long do I have to stand by my letterbox-and for what?

Liz-it might be alright after the Monday snow the forecast is dry and cold