London (change)
Today 18°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
15/01/2013 at 14:45

Well pootling around various sites has occupied me for how long? Could very easily go to sleep, but wont, she says.......

Cant be bothered to go & clean kitchen after all. Havent any plans for thursday, so there we are.......... Oh movement from upstairs, dont think she's had enough sleep? J.

15/01/2013 at 14:48

Maud, they say on the programmes that deal with cowboy builders that you should get recommendations from other customers - do you know anyone else in your area who has had this type of work done? That might help.

My next door neighbour is a builder, but I wouldn't recommend him!!

I would like to go and see Les Mis, but my cinema buddy is a bit emotionally delicate at the moment - would she cope??

15/01/2013 at 14:49

Just popped in catch up. I'm in the process of restoring my PC to factory settings, so on the laptop at the mo.

No baking will be done until this evening, when madam is here to supervise.

Glad everyone's hospital tests went ok. Always nice to hear.

15/01/2013 at 15:04

It's is a feast of music, and visually stunning. The end is where you need a tissue, it's not a delicate romance. Some bloody bits. Me, i just 'sunk' into the music and enjoyed. OH says maybe not suitable for your friend ,Look at the review quote in one of my posts.

15/01/2013 at 15:19

Sounds like you had a wonderful time Bjay.

15/01/2013 at 15:28

Afternoon everyone.  It seems we all have our different ways of making a cake which works for us.  Personally - I'm with Nola  but the all-in-one method has worked for me too.  As long as it's cake I'll eat it . I think it's just the amount in the tin with yours Becks and it will be perfect.

BJay - I absolutely love Les Mis stage show and have all the anniversary DVDs and original cast CD.  I am only worried that the film will have a different "sound" to the stage version I am used to - also I can't stand Russell Crowe!!!  When we were at Greenwich a few weeks ago, one of the security staff in the Painted Hall (where they had been filming) said he was an awful singer.  What did you think of him?

15/01/2013 at 15:40

Caz!!!-hello

I have read that the retail price of eggs has gone up again-what do people pay for 6 eggs?- we charge £1.25

15/01/2013 at 15:42

Hi Geoff - we pay around £1.60 for 6 medium free range but have often paid more.  Your customers are getting a bargain!

15/01/2013 at 15:45

One neighbour pays £1.50 but she puts the money in an envelope-going to have to sneak the price up again then for the others

15/01/2013 at 16:09

I wasn't sure about  Russell Crowe but he wasn't him if you see what I mean. I think with any movie you have to forget about the stage show because it is restricted in size. to the stage

We are going to see Quartet. we saw that on the stage and are wondering how well it transfers to the screen. In the stage show the audience are part of the performance

15/01/2013 at 16:17

Didn't snow again here and Stansted airport was OK so OH is now safely home.

Italian tonight, taglierini with scallops from Sainsbury's mag. Tiramisu for pud. Thai red prawn stir fry tomorrow, then spicy meatball noodles.

15/01/2013 at 16:28

Liz-glad he is home

Lasagne

15/01/2013 at 16:40

Baked potatoes, salad (!) & a tomato & veg 'puff' thingy courtesy of M&S for tonight. Meals will be decidedly odd until have defrosted the freezer, possibly next week sometime? In between even more hospital appointments & others....

Had a bowl of citrusy flavoured Greek yoghurt, plus added raisins earlier, so that was my pud. OH insisted on trying this new flavour!  Despite me saying that daughter wont eat, true, as gets migraines with orange flavours. OH wouldnt take back with him either. Hmm, must be stricter with him this w/end when shopping! Tomorrows mid week shopping list is decidedly short & simple! J.

15/01/2013 at 16:55

I have just treated my self to a new round cake pan.  This one is bigger and deeper than the one I was using before. 8" or 20.3cm.

Sorry, no more cake talk now.

15/01/2013 at 17:14

I will get me bricks and build a wall with me special jeans on then

Man stuff

15/01/2013 at 17:33

Good evening all! 

Glad all is well n all safe in the Busy-Lizzie household!

Had a slight dusting today! But nothing to write home about! 

Jo! B n Q's (Verve) own brand sowing n cutting compost, multipurpose compost n Grow your own grow bags have been awarded "Best Buy" in Which Gardening trails the last three years running!

I have read today "Beechgrove Garden" is gunna be aired on BBC 2 Sunday dinner time late March early April, to compete with "Gardeners World"

That will be ace! Gardening to watch on a Sunday afternoon, doesn't get much better!  

15/01/2013 at 17:46

Evening Dean!

Geoff, are you saying a woman couldn't build a wall?? Be very careful about your answer!

15/01/2013 at 17:50

Only if they have bum crack jeans-it is part of the knack

Yes Dean-someone told us that the other day-now tells us something we don't know

15/01/2013 at 17:59

That's what ya get for being a part timer! 

Yo Beck's! 

I have ordered a new phone Geoff! Ya didn't know that did ya! 

15/01/2013 at 18:00

Oh no-Dean are you sure about this?-it might have bling