London (change)
Today 29°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 18°C
16/01/2013 at 15:45

These burgers are low in fat but high in Shergar-current t'internet joke

16/01/2013 at 16:10

Have checked out 3 different forecasts now and they all say snow on Friday night into Saturday. Will wait and see!

I wish we still had our wood burner installed though!

16/01/2013 at 16:27

Burger joke  

16/01/2013 at 16:29

Next door just came round. Had her dog put to sleep this afternoon. I have a good shoulder to cry on The antics of my dog and cat trying to get best position in front of fire amused her. Cat won! Cat always wins

Now saying snow Friday here!

16/01/2013 at 16:34

Afternoon all.

Snow pics good Becks, there's only a wee bit left around here in the cold spots. Gone below freezing again out there now. Only reached 1-2C best I think. I went down to compost bin earlier, but lid frozen on solid! Shall attack tomorrow when wearing older clothes.

Need to watch the forecasts carefully. OH wasnt going to be able to leave work until late on Friday, but it may be safer for him to stay over there for the w/end after all. Thank goodness for the little house & he's got a Lidl & a Morrisons all within easy walking distance, so he wont starve.

Digi box had another wobbly & refused to 'tape' something, but if you try the +1 set up it says already has taped it, so wont respond to new request! Tomorrow shall have tv on quietly & manually over-ride things she says........

Have had a nice lunch out with friend at GC. The roof there was leaking in various places & it started just above our table! Staff grabbed a spare bucket & we shifted along.

Came back via B&Q & they have the new stocks of compost now. Got 2 lots of seed & 1 of MP to use. All in porch to keep warm(er) until I need. Seed order to be decided anyway. J.

16/01/2013 at 16:40

I think peeps we have to accept will all see snow on Friday-that means we can have a day off and play all day

I have got those things to go on the bottom of shoes-want to try them out-not looking forward to the early morning garden trek

Sad about the dog

16/01/2013 at 16:53

Yep - she was only 7 - seems young in doggy lives.

16/01/2013 at 17:01

Yes.

Fish for tea

16/01/2013 at 17:24

Not sure what we're having yet. Waiting for madam to decide.

16/01/2013 at 17:27

That is young for dog yrs Bjay. Shame.

I've got some snow grippers, but since am terrified of slipping, not sure will even try them out.

I've still to actually see a forecast!

Daughter having the rest of cauli/macaroni cheese & me probably beans on toast! Lunch out does tend to fill you up. J.

16/01/2013 at 17:37

Some knock knock winter jokes for the kiddlywinkies

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Snow!
Snow who?
Snow skating today - the ice is too thin!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Ice!
Ice who?
Ice the guy who builds da boats, and I'ce the guy who sails 'em!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Mammoth!
Mammoth who?
Mammoth is sthuck 'cause I'th been eatin' peanuth buther!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Icy!
Icy who?
Icy a big polar bear up ahead!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Igloo!
Igloo who?
Igloo knew Suzie like I know Suzie...

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Emma!
Emma who?
Emma bit cold out here - let me in!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Ice floe!
Ice floe who?
Ice floe-ting in the cold, cold water. HELP! Pull me OUT!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Eskimo!
Eskimo who?
Eskimo questions - he'll tell you no lies!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Shivery!
Shivery who?
Shivery disappeared with the Knights of the Round Table!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Icicle!
Icicle who?
Icicle down to the newsstand and get me a newspaper, please.

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Tobias!
Tobias who?
Tobias some nice cold ice cream, you need some money.

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Winter!
Winter who?
Winternips grow on the tundra, you know summer has arrived!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Mandy!
Mandy who?
Mandy lifeboats - the ship has hit an iceberg!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Aurora!
Aurora who?
Aurora's just come from a big polar bear!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Avery!
Avery who?
Avery time I come to your igloo we go through this!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Effie!
Effie who?
Effie'd known you were coming he'd have made some bannock!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Howard!
Howard who?
Howard you like to stand out in the cold while some idiot keeps asking "Who's there?"

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Eddy!
Eddy who?
Eddy idea how I can cure this cold!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Snowy!
Snowy who?
Snowy in the word "snow" - just an "s" and an "n" and an "o" and a "w".

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Freeze!
Freeze who?
Freeze a jolly good fellow!
Freeze a jolly good fellow!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Icicles!
Icicles who?
Icicles flying by the sea shore - their wings are flapping up and down!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Frostbite!
Frostbite who?
Frostbite yer food, then chew it!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Arctic!
Arctic who?
Arctics gonna bite me if they get in my long-johns?

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Sleet!
Sleet who?
Sleet, I'm starving!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Ice cream!
Ice cream who?
Ice cream if you throw me in the cold, cold water!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Ice cream soda!
Ice cream soda who?
Ice cream soda whole world will know what a bad thing you did!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Blue!
Blue who?
Blue your nose - the cold is making it run!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Alaska!
Alaska who?
Alaska my Mom if I can come out and play in the snow.

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Grrr!
Grrr who?
Are you a polar bear or an owl?

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Snow!
Snow who?
Snow business like show business!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Churchill!
Churchill who?
Churchill be the best place for a wedding !

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Cameron!
Cameron who?
Cameron film are all you need to take pictures of the northern lights!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Guitar!
Guitar who?
Guitar coats, it's cold outside!

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Ken!
Ken who?
Ken I stay home from school today? It's too cold to go outside!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16/01/2013 at 17:41

Sympathy to your friend--7 is very young,unless it's one of the massive breeds--why I would never have one--too heartbreaking.

Grey here and about +2 at 9:30--fire on. My 2 dogs, Blue and Inka, have been invited to join a virtual dog pack that travels around looking for adventures. Should be fun.

Don't envy you your snow--stay warm and safe, everyone!

16/01/2013 at 17:42

An there's more

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short Snow Jokes Q: What do you get from sitting on the snow too long? A: Polaroids! Q: What's an ig? A: A snow house without a loo! Q: Why does it take longer to build a blonde snowman than a regular one? A: You have to hollow out the head. Q: What do snowmen eat for lunch ? A: Icebergers ! Q: What time is it when little white flakes fall past the classroom window? A: Snow and Tell. Q: If the sun shines while it's snowing, what should you look for? A: Snowbows. Q: If you live in an igloo made of snow, what's the worst thing about global warming? A: No privacy! Q: What do you call ten Arctic hares hopping backwards through the snow together? A: A receding hare line. Q: How do you keep the snow from giving you cold feet? A: Don't go around BRRfooted! Q: What kind of math do Snowy Owls like? A: Owlgebra. Q: How do you know if there's a snowman in your bed? A: You wake up wet! Q: What do you call a snowboarder with no girlfriend/boyfriend? A: Homeless Q: What is the difference between a snowboard instructor and a snowboard student? A: 3 days Q:. Where does a snowman keep his money? A: In a snow bank. Q: What do snowmen eat for breakfast? A: Frosted Flakes. Q: What do you call an old snowman? A: Water! Q: What do you get when you cross a snowman and a vampire? A: Frostbite. Q: What did the snowman and his wife put over their baby’s crib? A: A snowmobile! Q: What do Snowmen call their offspring? A: Chill-dren. Q: How does a Snowman get to work? A: By icicle.

16/01/2013 at 17:55

Have you been raiding the  cracker boxes again. They are awful 

Thank you for your comments. She was a flat coated retreiver. Oscar used to have lovely games with her. they used to call for each other and run around the green, and before we had a fence between the houses they used to run off with each others toys.

Stew with lots of winter veg for tea -

16/01/2013 at 18:43

Sausages and jacket spuds for tea. Probably beans as well. And a nice cup of tea.

Sorry to hear about the dog. We had to have our last one put to sleep at the age of 6 - it was heartbreaking, whole family took ages to get over it.

16/01/2013 at 18:50

Evening all - pretty cold here but no snow yet. Lovely snow pics - bet Jess was excited.  Been in school all day and rather tired now!  Had chilli for dinner which I'd made yesterday so only had to heat it up.  Lots of horseburger jokes doing the rounds - hope there wasn't any in my veggieburgers 

Sad about the dog BJay - Oscar will be missing her.

16/01/2013 at 18:54

Lottie - you were asking earlier about sweets to make.  The school where I help out made peppermint creams to sell at their disco last term.  They were a great success - no cooking required!  http://kitchenmonsters.co.uk/2011/12/01/peppermint-creams/

16/01/2013 at 19:03

Just seen weather for thursday/Friday. Ouch!!

have to get daughter to airport for 8am, they are saying blizzard conditions and have alternative travel plans. Will trains run?? Have to wait and see. She has just said she is havig a dreadful birthday week. On birthday Norvo-virus today still poorly. Can't visit her granny (virus), now maybe her birthday treat may be weather related on hold

16/01/2013 at 19:17

I know Bjay, it looks inevitable that we'll get it too. Hope OH will see sense & stay put over there! Plenty of food in stock & daughter & me'll cope. I'm due nurse on friday too, but she's from not too far away so should be ok?

Geoff those jokes get worse!

There was more macaroni cauli than I realised, so had that & still yummy.

Those burgers.... this is why I make a lot of our food from scratch, even when we did eat meat. Ok, ok I know about the odd M&S 'bake' but I do try. Have a lot of sympathy though for those that havent got the ability/knowhow/time to do so. J.

16/01/2013 at 20:00

Did anyone wake Dean up this morning ?