London (change)
Today 21°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 13°C
17/01/2013 at 13:33

More importantly -did you get hairspray?

17/01/2013 at 13:38

Bugger. Totally forgot!!

17/01/2013 at 13:41

Eek, have just had an invite to an Osmonds concert!! Noway!

Bjay, looks as if you'll really get the snow tonight/tomorrow. We appear to be on the dividing line between orange/yellow snow warning areas.

I dont need hairspray yet- getting there though. Wear my fleece lined 'buff' when out & end up with hair stuck up on end when I remove it! Will have to have a trim soon. J.

17/01/2013 at 13:45

I'm having the lot chopped off soon jo. Right to above shoulder length.

17/01/2013 at 13:48

All relax-it is going to snow-we need to make sure our working colleagues get a freebie day.

17/01/2013 at 13:55

I can cut hair -and will travel

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/bosch-ahs-4-16-hedge-cutter-large.jpg

17/01/2013 at 13:57

Can't Jess cut hair. Good training, if she want to become a hair stylist, as many girls do.

Did Sainsburys mid-morning. Blimey, the car park was almost full, and quite long queues at the checkouts too.

Mystic MET is saying it's going to snow all day Friday and all day Sat, with 4 hours heavy snow Friday morning. And more all day Monday.

The good news is that this might provide an opportunity to get some snow snaps.

More good news: we'll all be able to get outside and build snowmen.

17/01/2013 at 14:08

I should buy her a Girls World, and let her practice on that first.

17/01/2013 at 14:23

A Barbie doll would be more realistic, as a model to practice on.

Just to get the hang of using the scissors.

17/01/2013 at 14:55

Good afternoon everyone  You are making me nervous talking about all this weather - I popped into Sainsburys this morning for milk and bread but am intending to do my 'big shop' as usual tomorrow I hope we don't get snow

Barry is amusing himself by knocking the downstairs bathroom to bits - about time - we have had the new toilet,basin and shower base in our bedroom for about 4 years

I am having fun ordering all my seeds and plants

Keep warm

Pam LL x

17/01/2013 at 14:59

Afternoon Forkers - hope you're all keeping warm and well stocked up for what may be a day or two indoors!!!! 

Becks - it's a big decision having your hair cut short after having had long hair.  I was terrified when I had mine done - I'd had long hair since a teenager - but I was so glad when I finally plucked up the courage.  I told the hairdresser (not a man with a hedge-trimmer) to make sure it was just long enough to be able to tie it back in case I didn't like it, but it was fine and made life so much easier.

Dove - hope OFSTED went well.  Had text from my son yesterday to say they had just heard they were having OFSTED today - less than 24 hours' notice (here in Wales they have about 4 weeks notice).

17/01/2013 at 15:06

There's a learner driver practising to reverse park behind my car. I know they have to do it, but not on my car please!

I do this every year Caz, the hair cuuting thing. except I missed last year. But my hair grows so fast, it will back again by Christmas!

17/01/2013 at 15:07

Just did a quick walk round to see M. Snowing - well trying to!. Thet more I hear about tomorrow, the more I wonder how we will get daughter to airport.

Daughter partner is a hairdresser. Handy, he only charges me a chocolate cake I'm sure his real clients pay a lot more.

Snw just turned up a gear. going to have a cup of tea. see you all

17/01/2013 at 15:08

Do girlie's still put boyfriends off by saying they are staying in to wash their hair-I believed that when younger

17/01/2013 at 15:11

They have to wash it, change its colour, add hair extensions, blow dry it and then straighten it!  Could put them off for ever

17/01/2013 at 15:14

I've just been looking at my 2 goldfish, swimming around in their bowl. They must be bored stupid!! Do you think if I put a couple of marbles in there, they would play with them, and try to flip them to each other with their tails?

17/01/2013 at 15:21

Becks - whenever we have peas with dinner we always take the outer skin off one and throw it in the goldfish tank (before putting any salt on them).  It keeps Natalie (our bored goldfish) amused for hours chasing it around trying to catch it.  She looks like someone with no teeth eating a wine gum!!  Makes us laugh every time and we've been doing this for years

17/01/2013 at 15:22

Don't you ever put them in the bath for a big play?-do not get in with them obviously-that would be silly

17/01/2013 at 15:27

caz!! Love that!

Lordy geoff, I can just see Jess in the bath with her 2 fish now, trying to put them in her boat!

17/01/2013 at 15:36

A new Olympic sport -throwing peas at a goldfish

Little boys still do this in ponds