London (change)
Today 14°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 2°C
17/01/2013 at 22:45

Those pictures look suspicious- lots of believed!!!!!

17/01/2013 at 22:49

Isn't everything in the Daily Mail true ?????????

17/01/2013 at 22:52

The price?????

18/01/2013 at 05:51

Morning  It isn't snowing yet so we are venturing to Sainsburys at 7am and will hopefully be back home before it starts.

I hope everyone who has to travel today has a safe journey and that everyone keeps warm

Hello to our new Forkers

Pam LL x

18/01/2013 at 05:59

Good morning all  We've had a couple more inches overnight but the sky looks full of it!  I'm working at home today.  By the way, don't want to mislead anyone - I'm not a teacher, I work for a social work team! If you think schools get Ofsted'ed, you should see what Ofsted does to us !!!

18/01/2013 at 06:35
I didn't realise that, Dove, I bet that is some inspection. We have QAA, they do the auditing for all the academic stuff and systems at the uni, a nightmare when they come, so much paper work required.

Road fine here, but I have to come over the hills from Yorkshire, it can be a bit hairy when it snows. Boss thought it would be a good idea to do my 'interim' appraisal 2 -3 pm. Grrrr.
18/01/2013 at 06:48

Morning forkers,

We had some flakes of snow just before bedtime, and I was expecting to wake up to significant snow.

But only about an inch has fallen overnight. The previous forecast of '4 hours of heavy snow' for this morning, seems to have been downgraded to a dry morning, with light snow this afternoon.

So won't be building any snowmen today.

18/01/2013 at 07:01
Morning all BTW, Forecast now looks lighter than anticipated. Media hype, making it sound as though it was going to be bad everywhere.
18/01/2013 at 07:49

Reporting from my bed

Been down to the bottom of the garden- it is snowing- airport closed - forecast on now- still saying the same- we are still going to die and there may be more on Sunday

Michael Fish Southampton

18/01/2013 at 07:49

Morning, I think. Still rather dark.

About a couple of ins. of show, still falling lightly and on the wet side. Was lying in bed contemplating getting up when the most awful noise like thunder, only scrapier, was right overhead. I sent OH who was dressed to investigate. He announced, A tree's fallen down. Where? said I. Outside, came the reply. Whereupon the noise came again. Got up to find out something sensible and found a large branch from one of next door's tall conifers has fallen on to the roof right above my bed and was sliding down hence the scrapey noise. Waiting for light to see if any damage.

18/01/2013 at 07:56
Goodness Flo, good job it wasn't any bigger, it might have fallen on you.

Geoff, I think you are going to get it worse than us,good luck. Ate the crooks all tucked up?
18/01/2013 at 08:01

Oh not nice Flo. One of the slates from above our bedroom slid down one yr, so I know about the noise!!

We've only had a dusting of snow. Daughter has made it safely from SLancs to nearer central Manchester. All being well she'll be leaving after the school runs so getting home, & so to bed, shouldnt be too bad. J.

18/01/2013 at 08:04

The chickens are scratching in the pen- not sure about the crooks:

Flo- this is rather worrying

18/01/2013 at 08:21

Morning all  Flo - that's not good. Hope there's not too much damage. It's snowing here as well- Started last night so think I'll get myself off to the shops before it gets any worse. Hubbie just called to say the main roads are fine.

Just the small matter of getting the car off the drive - it's on an incline. I am a wimp when it comes to driving in the snow. There's also a roundabout at the top of road and when it gets bad , not even taxi's venture up here.

If I haven't logged on by dinner-time will someone send a snow plough ?

Take care out and about, everyone.

Oh and hello Lyn and Flowerbird.

18/01/2013 at 08:29

Yes, Glyn, that's what I thought, didn't seem to occur to OH, though!!

Chickens scratching here too, Geoff. No crooks either, I think we have neighbourhood watch to thank for that 

Maisie, westie, is sitting on a chair looking out the window and wuffing at the snow coming down, not sure what she thinks it is.

~ ~ ~ (Flo waves) to Lyn and Flowerbird.

And Dove, I'm sure Ofsted's just as nasty whichever line of work one's in, hope you had a consolation cake or two afterwards.  

18/01/2013 at 09:29

Morning lovelies!

Well for once, the weather report was right!! It is blizzard like here! Today I really DON'T fancy walking to nursery. There is definately enough to make a snowman.

Roads look really dodgy as well. Jean, you are not a wimp for not wanting to drive in snow. I'm the same. It's nerve-wracking.

Hope you all stay safe.xx

18/01/2013 at 09:38

well in south oxfordshire we now have about an inchor so of snow giving myself the day off chickens sorted snow brushed from top of greenhouse now settling down to sort accounts and admin with large coffee and hot cross buns spring is coming

18/01/2013 at 09:43

Darren, you have given yourself the day off!! Don't bother with the accounts! Just enjoy the buns and coffee!

18/01/2013 at 09:52

insommnia1973 would love to but being self employed i need  a day like this every so often to catch up with admin i was born to be outside not indoors

18/01/2013 at 09:52

Am dressed

Will take some pictures soon

Cody has been taken for a walk-that is as far as anyone is going today-the car can stay in the drive and now the buses aren't running

Not sure what the chickens are going to make of this will let them out and see

Flo-the roof ???

Hello Darren