London (change)
Today 24°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 16°C
20/01/2013 at 12:03

Geoff I need a text or email before the cheque is in the post.

20/01/2013 at 12:03

thaks for measages guys my knees are now diffrent sizes any very painful when i move think a day or two off work might be needed but with weather as it is now dont think that will be problem  

20/01/2013 at 12:07

This is another opportunity missed because someone can't seem to buy the winning lottery ticket

http://news.sky.com/story/1040411/batmobile-sold-original-batman-car-auctioned

not mentioning any names....................

20/01/2013 at 12:15

Darren, poor old you. Take up knitting, that will keep you occupied

Geoff I had a liberty bodice with rubber buttons too, and giant school knickers. As we walked to school in the snow in '63 the Sedan chair carriers would be trudging past -taking the teachers in, I expect, they've always had a cushy life

Bjay, there's something about snow that makes many dogs go daft, isn't there?

20/01/2013 at 12:25

Decided to go to daughters, she's just called and told us it's not snowing where she lives. Checked forecast and we should only have light showers today but we will travel prepared.

Hope you soon recover , Darren.

I remember liberty bodices as well only I had giant navy blue knickers and we had to tuck our school blouse into them when we did P.E.. That big you could also tuck in your gaberdine mac, school pullover and a small school satchel. !

Right we are off , catch you all later.

20/01/2013 at 12:32

Are you telling me Flo that in my yoof all this fiddling about trying to get the bra fastener undone at the back- I should have been fiddling with rubber buttons at the front-that explains a lot

Be careful out there Jean

20/01/2013 at 12:35

Jean, I still wear knickers like that.

20/01/2013 at 12:44

Liberty bodices - yes

gabardines - yes

gymslips - yes

navy knickers to tuck things in - yes

Satchels - yes

Lace up plimsolls - yes

Fortunately my M used to buy me white socks not those grey woolly things

Still snowing 

20/01/2013 at 12:46
School satchels are currently in fashion as Hand bagsI see.
Geoff, I have a big suitcase, but it might get cold in the hold!
Darren, poor you, a good hot soak in the bath with some lavender oil is a great help. Comfrey cream is good for bruising, it got rid of my big bruise quickly. Or arnica.
Glyn
20/01/2013 at 13:00

Bjay. ditto all the way down. Apart from socks. For some reason we had to have beige socks - urgh.

Geoff  

Just had a flock of long-tailed tits visiting my feeders and, more unusually for my garden, a flock of house sparrows. Time for a new avatar, I think.

20/01/2013 at 13:03

There we are. Not one of mine, though.

Jean R wrote (see)

I had giant navy blue knickers and we had to tuck our school blouse into them when we did P.E.. That big you could also tuck in your gaberdine mac, school pullover and a small school satchel. !

Jean, you do make me laugh   

20/01/2013 at 13:15

Yes me too with all of that list.

Have just had an enjoyable time watching the A-Z of gardening from this morning. Those clematis..... Did check the seed catalogue & was very pleased to find thay dont do the one she said easy to grow from seed. I would have been fuming if they had.

Right, washing up, then dahlias & then baking later. Did a huge batch of mixed veg soup which we've had with crusty bread & cheese.

Think am going to do the freezer defrost tomorrow. Not as empty as I'd like, but bound to be some rubbish in there that can go. The garage is sooo cold that the cool box/bags will be fine out there whilst I get stuck into the job. J.

20/01/2013 at 13:18

Bjay, found 1 dahlia that may be short enough-

Karma Choc, 65cms & a dark red.

Suggest you drool over Sarah Ravens choices too...... J.

20/01/2013 at 13:37

Been pottering round the house this morning then took son no. 3 to work and did a detour to the large GC on my way back as its only 3 minutes from the school. I've come home with a bag of seed and cutting compost - but its frozen solid at the moment! I don't intend to sow anything yet (except maybe a couple of pepper seeds) - just as well really.

Son no. 2 is muttering that he's bored so I've suggested he go and do some baking. He's now moaning that he can't find the baking book but he had it last......

Fine snow is falling here and has been for most of the morning. Not enough to make it difficult for me to get to work though!

20/01/2013 at 13:41

Moving on from things as they were- and exciting jobs for today/tomorrowwho else is planning a swanning off trip this year?

20/01/2013 at 13:54

Light snow isn't light anymore

Pleased i did clear GH as now another layer on it. In danger of running out of cut logs. OH thought he had chopped enough but using more than usual and wood store bit tricky in 6ins snow

Can't afford to go any where exotic so Cornwall this year and maybe Scotland. Both places we love. Oh and of course Yorkshire. Going to have a go at a 2 week break. Last year we managed it when baby was born but M plays up even though she's in a care home. Before she went in we were reduced to 3 days, so 2 weeks will be  'exotic'

20/01/2013 at 14:01

Nice new pic and name Flo

Lottie-Potato Queen- I need some suggestions for early potatoes please-other than Charlotte

I guess this is towing the caravan Bjay??-seems a few long hauls are in mind?

20/01/2013 at 14:05

Jo why are you happy, I want to buy those Clematis seeds

I thought that the Happy Dahlias are quite short.

I am planning a holiday, possibly on a boat out of Southampton.

20/01/2013 at 14:06

Yes, towing but the advantage is you can break journey. we used to visit Malvern for weekends

We have found a good site near Glastonbury for short breaks - lovely home made cake

When OH is 65 I hope we can be more exotic at the moment he has no pension or benefits so pennies are tight

20/01/2013 at 14:09

After enjoying last year's holiday so much, I did want to go back to Spain, but I also want to re-carpet the house, decorate and buy a dishwasher. Funds won't stretch to doing all, so may well skip the holiday plans this year. You are all saved from seeing pics of my sunburnt back this year!