London (change)
Today 15°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 12°C
25/01/2013 at 21:38

Liz-when -when- the pictures are all done-will post the link

I have been a naughty boy-but I was led astray

25/01/2013 at 21:44

Oh dear! I hope you sat in the naughty corner.

25/01/2013 at 21:58

Led astray!!! Oh, do us a favour!! You are a naughty boy through and through, and this will be remembered for a long time!!

25/01/2013 at 22:19

That's it- blame the token male

25/01/2013 at 22:32
If you're hoping for sympathy, forget it! :-/
25/01/2013 at 22:43

Isn't Gary the token male?

Caz, I quite agree, to have written 'to do it never, ever...'  would be daft.Never ever to do ... ' would sound better but a split infinitive in English is, I understand, a spurious rule invented by grammarians, way back when, who were used to basing the grammar on Latin rules. And you can't split a Latin infinitive cos it's a single word!

Show went smoothly tonight, I kept well away from snowdrifts. Yesterday's debacle has been christened Bumgate  

25/01/2013 at 22:54

Aaw Flo, glad you staryed on your feet tonight.

25/01/2013 at 23:59

Don't mention snowdrifts. We have just got back after getting stuck in a huge snowstorm. Never seen snow like it - really scary , Sections of motorway closed at Wigan and Parbold and cars abandoned everywhere. Didn't want grandson to drive as it was turning nasty so OH drove and it just came down. Nearly got him home , then he said he'd left his house key on his car keys so turned back. He is now staying with us. Don't think we'll be going anywhere for the foreseeable. Had to push car in places and he's got a chunky diesel.

I am traumatised.

26/01/2013 at 07:20

Morning forkers,

Jean R wrote (see)

Don't mention snowdrifts. We have just got back after getting stuck in a huge snowstorm. ... Sections of motorway closed at Wigan and Parbold and cars abandoned everywhere...

Poor you.

I've just been watching all this on Sky News. Several people seemed to have filmed their experience on mobile phones. Don't worry, RAF mountain rescue helicopters are on their way.

It's been dry here, temps shoud be up to +9 by tonight.

26/01/2013 at 07:46

Morning folks!  We've had fresh snowfall, although not as bad as you lot .... yet!  

I've got lots of travelling around to do this weekend - will someone please turn the sunshine back on 

26/01/2013 at 08:18

From my bed - dry sunny not cold.

On its way over to you

26/01/2013 at 08:22

Cheers Geoff

You get weather like that at this time of year and you want to move???? 

26/01/2013 at 08:32
Good Morning Everyone
I hope you are o.k this morning Jean - it must have been very scary
It is much milder here this morning - snow has just about gone I am going in the greenhouse while Barry and my nephew ( both plumbers) start on the plumbing for the new shower room
Have a good day
Pam LL x
26/01/2013 at 08:51
Awww jean pleased you are back safe, we got the same snow golf ball size flakes , blizzard not seen it like that for years and now about another 6inches here thankfully we were home. Sun out but dog hike to tackle yet in forest, better take camera, could do with skis .
Won't be going far today. We have sun too Geoff , would you like some of our snow ?
26/01/2013 at 08:53

Thanks Geoff -it just arrived 

26/01/2013 at 09:04

Morning Gary, Dove, Geoff, Pam, Bunny.

Dry and bright here so far though torrential rain for a while last night. While we were out water came throught the bedroom ceiling, down the light fitting, and dripped on the bed.  Had to make alternative sleeping arrangements involving sofa bed, futon, sleeping bags  

Jean, that sounds dreadful, glad you are OK now. I hope the snow doesn't last too long for those who still have all that hassle.

26/01/2013 at 09:11
Morning flo

Oh dear drippy ceiling , we have that in downstairs bathroom ....still no roofer ! Grrr hoping you get yours sorted.
Not looking forward to tonights torrential rain but I am excited about things warming up !!!!
I need to brush snow off plants , bamboo is almost lay flat , trees need a shake as branches bent right over. Maybe a snowman will help clear some away ) for the dog you understand !! ;0
26/01/2013 at 09:19

Hello Bunny. Doggy person here - Westies 1 and 14 yrs, Shih Tzu 2 yrs, all rescues. What's yours?

26/01/2013 at 09:29
She is a 2 1/2 yr black lab , if I could figure how to change profile pic I would put her on ..
26/01/2013 at 09:53

Morning lovelies!!

Won't be seeing much of me this weekend. Early morning knock on the door. It was my other daughter, Sammy!! Her Dad has dropped her off for the weekend! Haven't seen her since Christmas!

And, the sun is out!

Hope you all have a great day!