London (change)
Today 21°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 13°C
26/01/2013 at 17:34

Yes, all miscreants forgiven - until next time    I've been converted from a hag by Aslan the lion who says you have to be nice to your fellow forkers.
Matinee went quite well, the daughter of one of the actors shouted 'Hello Daddy' when he appeared on stage - aaah  - and a few of the younger members of the audience were a bit put out by the explosions.
OH found out that the Big Bad Wolf can fix leaky roofs so that's a bonus. Just hope it's not too rainy tonight though the bowl is still in place on the bed.

Jean, it sounds as if you're in a different country!! You didn't arrive through a wardrobe by any chance?   

Lovely snow pics, sorry forgot whose - it always looks so picture-skew.

26/01/2013 at 18:13

Flo - Last night I thought I WAS !! Pretty scary stuff - I know now why people are advised not to travel but we would have never set off if we knew what was coming. It just happened so quick.

Glad the matinee went well and you managed to stay upright.  Would be nice to see some pics.

Never thought I would say this but it's starting to rain. YIPPEE. !

26/01/2013 at 18:33

Hi all! Have sort of caught up!

Jean! I'm with you on that front! Came from nowhere! 

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/17946.jpg?width=544&height=350&mode=max

This was my greeting at 3 O'clock this morning! 

But managed to get in, as did most! We did struggle! a few rescue missions had to be had!  Been a long day, but all back home safe to thier famalies! So can gladly report "Job Done"  

26/01/2013 at 18:37

Jean, that happened to me once on the motorway north of Limoges. I was going to my son for his birthday in Jan. and snow wasn't forecast. Suddenly, it just came down thick and fast and everone started slithering about so we all stopped on the hard shoulder which we couldn't see by then. Eventually,about 2 hours later, a snow plough came and all the traffic followed in until there was an exit off the motorway. A lot of people had to spend the night in a sports hall. They were on the news on TV. I had my credit card so I went to a hotel in the same village, missed being on TV!

26/01/2013 at 18:42
Trying to rain here too...hurrahhhh will it all be gone in the morning , doubt it !
Huge pan of chilli on the hob , appear to be feeding five thousand ....oooops , fresh bread cooking all I need now is a glass of vino.

Sounds like some good days had ...eventually. OHs friend allied in with boys , they had come snow hunting for sledging but was too deep so they rolled around in it instead :0
26/01/2013 at 18:48
Allied ?? iPad !!! Arrived ...honestly I have not touched a drop of wine YET.
26/01/2013 at 18:49

Evening Dean , Liz and Bunny , Well done on the rescue - unbelievable wasn't it ? Lived in this neck of the woods for years and have never seen anything like it - The Day After tomorrow sprang to mind .

Shucks Liz - your moment of fame scuppered.

Menu sounds good Bunny  Ours is stuffed mushrooms , lamb chops and baby new pots.  Huge pan of pea- whack cooking for tomorrow.

26/01/2013 at 18:51
Very odd weather indeed !!

Mmmm stuffed mushrooms, pea -whack ?
26/01/2013 at 18:56

Pea - whack - Ham and pea soup.  It's usually called that up the north. Can't remember who it was that put a recipe on here but basically the same as I cook. Managed to get some yellow split peas to go with the green ones this time . I just throw alsorts in it depending on what I have but it always starts off with a bacon shank.

26/01/2013 at 19:01
Ohhh I see hadn't heard it called that although my parents may have as originally from Manchester . Mum uses split peas and ham shank too...and I have followed , so good with fresh bread and big ham chunks , I am going to have to make some this week now !!! Butchers for me Monday .
26/01/2013 at 19:44

Sober, despite vino! Cleared up kitchen & been sorting out a cupboard upstairs. OH has the remote so no chance of anybody else getting a look-in. Repeats of the celeb baking on. Acceptable.

Raining here too. It's warmer outside now than it was mid afternoon.

Forgot- daughter found an insect house for £3 at Morrisons! Honestly not worth my effort of cutting old canes up etc for that price.

Off to continue with my sewing. Night all, J.

26/01/2013 at 19:47

Yes , It's a nice comfort food I think Bunny  I had a ham on the bone from Christmas in the freezer . It still had some meat on it so that's been chucked in as well.

Going to sign off now as we have a film to watch on the planner. The Grey. Heard some good reports so going to get jimjams on and see if I can stay awake long enough to watch it.

Lovely pictures , by the way Bunny.

26/01/2013 at 19:50

Hi, Jo . We have rain too. Hoping it helps to get rid of the snow - it's coming down heavy now.

Deep joy.

26/01/2013 at 19:50
Night Jo... What you sewing ?

Enjoy the film jean , let me know what it's like have heard of it, OH writing still upstairs once he surfaces tea and a film , I've opened the wine without him hehe.
26/01/2013 at 20:02
Evening Everyone! Apologies-have been AWOL for a little while.
Have been reading to have a catch up.
Snowy here too. A few inches yesterday evening and in the night. Have been for a lovely walk today.
It has started thawing though.

Have also been doing the Birdwatch. I have a job to watch for an hour so note down what I see whenever I look out/ stop for a coffee, keeping a tally to show the most seen at any time (if that makes sense!). I'm sure it adds up to an hour in the end!
I also have had 2 Fieldfares in the garden. Don't think I've seen them before.

Hello new Forkers!

Right, off to pop some popcorn. We are watching a film this evening.
Mmmmm, may just have to have some wine to go with it
26/01/2013 at 20:04
What happened to my smileys? I added some to my last post and they aren't there!

26/01/2013 at 20:18

I stole them Nola

I can hear the pain-Flo will be dripping

Crap TV again The Hurt Locker is on later-anybody seen it?

26/01/2013 at 20:42

Why is it that snow looks so lovely in pictures but causes us so much trouble and misery in life?

Geoff can you sort out the TV companies

26/01/2013 at 20:52
Hurt locker rings a bell , hang on yes seen it m informed not bad ...propaganda type film.
26/01/2013 at 20:58
Yes Kate looks pretty...but isn't