London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 11°C
11/07/2012 at 16:24

We've got a yellow warning in place. Had some heavy showers that lasted a few minutes, got me both times when I took the dog for a walk, but it's sunny in between. We had a red warning a few days ago.The first time ever here, apparently, but it wasn't any worse than any other day. I do feel sorry for the people who have got flooded. A lot of them say that it has never happened before in their area and they are not on the so called 'flood maps'.

11/07/2012 at 16:49

I'm still waiting!

Have done the majority of the cleaning, but realised that hoovering in the lounge a bit daft as AM going to cut the lawn tomorrow first thing! Famous last words? It means will be trotting in/out through patio so grass bits will get everywhere- well they usually do.

Daughter can check later if they've tried again- tis her order after all. Can see me trotting down road to ask for a note on their door for daft delivery drivers who cant read road signs!!

Tonights' meal is a reheating of last nights vegeree, HF-W recipe, plus something extra, so no need to panic about that. I made enough for 4 deliberately! J.

11/07/2012 at 17:00

About 20 minutes ago a heavy shower-it must be a difficult job forecasting weather-but the shelter did the job -so a good test

Keep hearing thunder

11/07/2012 at 17:54

Saw forked lightning when I took the dogs out - love it!  The boy and girls were very brave in the thunderstorm and didn't bat a doggy eyelid.

11/07/2012 at 18:11

Hi FloBear, I think your dogs were brave because you didn't mind the thunder. I'm sure they pick up on our feelings. They said on the radio this morning that cats and dogs were getting depressed because of the weather but my dog is happier in the cooler weather even if I'm not.

Another one of the chickens gone broody. Do you think they go broody when they are happy and think it's the right time to raise some chicks or because they'd rather sit on the nest all day and keep out of the rain?

11/07/2012 at 18:17

We are now expecting 18 hours of dry weather-8 hours of which will be spent in bed-then bashing and losing a little white ball before the next lot of rain-isn't life grand?

Our last broody chicken spell lasted 2 months-don't know what the motivation is -probably the warm bed thing

Steak salad for dinner-must have done something right today

11/07/2012 at 18:28

Ow no frost I read that too its only 11c just now, this morning it was only 7.6c. The boys were drenched yesterday. Its a nightmare getting their work gear dry Ive got the coal fire going just to help dry everything

Veg curry tonight the only veg of my own in it is the courgettes

11/07/2012 at 18:35

The salad contribution from the garden is a few lettuce leaves-which for a 28p packet of seeds have been quite a success

11/07/2012 at 18:42

Well thats an idea I have lots of salad leaves we can have salad with it too thanks

11/07/2012 at 18:43

I award myself 100 brownie points for meal planning

11/07/2012 at 18:55

I bet Mrs Geoff has a wee contribution to meal planning too..

11/07/2012 at 19:02

I allow her free reign in the kitchen -forgot the eggs came from the chickens so that is out of the garden too.

11/07/2012 at 19:26

A bit like my hubby too.

11/07/2012 at 19:34

It is in the male gene

-also had tayberries out the garden with home made strawberry ice cream and more squirty cream

Lied about the weather-just chucked it down and more thunder rumblings

11/07/2012 at 19:34
Did I read lettuce leaves grrrrrrr still sore subject as I'm having to buy them lol. Am glad to read that there are chicken owners on here, I'm hoping to get some chucks this year, coop has been purchased, waiting for some decent weather as the designated area is very wet at the moment, will definitely be making sure the run has a cover!!! will be driving you all mad ( or madder?) with chuck related questions!
Been a fair day here today but was at work til 6.30 so missed it all..... Lots of black cloud now,have Saturday afternoon off and all day Sunday so keeping fingers crossed.
11/07/2012 at 19:35

Pam, you are partly right. I made a grave mistake with my first-ever dog and cuddled & comforted her through loud bangs so she spent 14 years with a problem - until she went deaf. So now we get out toys and treats when there are loud bangs.

11/07/2012 at 19:36
Oops forgot to ask, is there a way that I can go straight to the current posts when I log in as at the moment I have to trail through from the beginning ???!!!
11/07/2012 at 19:37

strawberry icecream yummy is it an easy recipe?

My lettuce is growing in the greenhouse outside was a disaster

11/07/2012 at 19:37

Woo2, welcome to chook-world! I got mine last August and three days later there were flash floods in our area.

11/07/2012 at 19:43

Yes, Woo2- just click on the green arrow at the side of the last named poster in the listings of latest posts. Doies that make sense? I too got very cross/frustrated until someone told me!

Still no delivery- now daughter says t'was only 'estimated' today!!

Also tomorrow completely mucked up as beloved (?) child wishes me to go fruit picking so that I can give her a jam making lesson on friday! I will cut the lawn, I will cut the lawn.... it's not too bad when just got the washing back inside.

So raspberries here I come..... J.