London (change)
Today 26°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
30/01/2013 at 15:24

Geoff!!!!! Kama Sutra, AND the Perfumed Garden, Well I am surprised. not been read a lot lately?

The charity shop took all our rubbish, I mean stuff. thank goodness.

30/01/2013 at 15:27

I think Kate grew Vale Emeralds and was disappointed

You have all done well with your purchases today

Does any gardener want my copy of the Perfumed Garden?

30/01/2013 at 15:28

Went to garden centre too when did grocery shop this morning. Had 7€ voucher so bought mangetout peas and Dona tomatoes seeds. Found at check out that the Dona tomato seeds were 6€90. They had a sale on but it was a collection of hideous plant pots that no-one had wanted before and garden furniture that I didn't want. No dahlias in yet - loads of empty shelves where they'd removed the tulip and daffodil bulbs.

Bjay, my house is partly old barn with high ceilings, beams and cobwebs. Even the newer bits (1765 and 1840) have beams and cobwebs. You still game for the pink bus?

30/01/2013 at 15:33

Geoff- dont call me for hoarding then!

When you've done down there, fancy a trip up North to repeat the garage clear up? Seriously, I usually do ours over Easter long w/end. Shed must get done before though.

Chris that's reminded me to phone for a charity collection sometime soon. The plan is for me to tackle the spare room this Friday, with or without daughter's help/nagging. Roll on her stuff going......the extra space will be bliss. J.

30/01/2013 at 15:39

Best of luck Jo.

I am determined to get rid of loads of things this year. I've been putting it off for a long time, due to family things that had to be dealt with, but this year, its going

30/01/2013 at 15:44

Our shed is a garage-so 4 sheds worth-touching the surface does nor cover it-but it has got to go-then there is the loft,the spare room..........................

Will do an hour or two a day now I am in the mood-before the mood swings

I noticed in France as well Liz how dear the garden centres were.

30/01/2013 at 15:50

- I don't have to actually come into contact with them do I? They really make me shudder!

Perfumed Garden AND Kama Sutra!

Strange mix of chat today

So Vivaldi then, Maris Peer. not Charlotte Hard to keep up

we grew Highand something or other last year they are purple all the way through, Weren't too bad unless that was just the novelty talking

I could stay in the pink bus though it wouldn't be very sociable

30/01/2013 at 15:52

Have joined Flo in having a leak!! The strong winds have blown water in just above the edge of the bathroom window frame. Wonder how long that's been going on? We had noticed the UPVC cladding on front wall of house above that/spare window had begun to 'discolour' as if damp. Oh joy, big sigh.........another job....J.

30/01/2013 at 15:55

Geoff, it surprising how much you can do in an hour, its getting rid of it once you've sorted itand getting motivated when the weather isn't good

I agree about the cost of seeds etc in France. I always buy some Blonde de Paris lettuce seed when we go, as I can't seem to buy it here, but it is 3 times the price of lettuce seed in England.

30/01/2013 at 16:08

Can we please say detecting a leak-having a leak means something completely different-I have to go now

Chris it is mostly junk and the tip is only 5 minutes away and the dustman will take some if I ask them if it wont go in the bin.

Did find a working fluorescent tune-did not need to buy one last week after all-now have a spare

Now i'm confused I thought Charlotte was good?

30/01/2013 at 16:09

Just remembered, the work done covered by 10yr FENSA guarentee. So although the company who installed things has ceased trading, , there may be some help out there.

Daughter back. She phoned earlier from the gardening section of Wilco to ask if I wanted anything?!!!!! List was upstairs, me down & reception awful so we didnt bother. J.

30/01/2013 at 16:12
Charlotte is a very good potato -we always grow them it probably gives a better yield than Vivaldi
Pam LL x
30/01/2013 at 16:13

Hello all, greetings from HK, only 4 days to go. Been to the Peninsula Hotel for afternoon tea today, service not as good as expected, surrounds lovely. good tea. Tea at the Ritz was better. Then to Ladies Market, bought a lovely fake Mulberry bag.

HK is very green even though it is hugely built up with skyscrapers, they plant wherever they can, lots of little garden squares, any area that is available for planting around the road system they plant, roundabouts, verges etc.

Commiserations Dean, thoughts are with you!

Karma Sutra, what have I missed?

Glyn

30/01/2013 at 16:18

Yes Charlotte is a good potato and it's usually clean and resistant to disease and scab. It's just a little too solid for my taste, but a great salad potato.Might grow it again this year along with a different first early. Living in Lincolnshire we don't bother with maincrop, mainly because we are limited to room, and we can usually buy lates at reasonable price direct from the grower.

It sounds as if you are having a wonderful time Glyn Geoff has been clearing out his shed and found some questionable reading matter

30/01/2013 at 16:20

Glyn-we have been having a clear-out-it is yours if you want it.

Have you been to into China itself or not enough time?

Lyn
30/01/2013 at 16:20
Were you banished to the shed to read them Geoff.
Seems everybody has heard of them are we all of a similar age?
30/01/2013 at 16:25

Not enough time really, some days have to be to teach in the evening, it was a day off today. I went to China a long time ago, 1989. just before Tianinmen Square. eaching tomorrow evening, day off Friday. At least, still need to answer my emails and try to do some marking. We are going to go to Lantau Island to see the Big Buddha - apparently huge.  Lots of steps to climb, not sure how my knees wil cope

I'll pass, thanks. Is it the new year, everyone seems to be clearing out, except me.

30/01/2013 at 16:26

I worked for a book company in the 1980's there was a lot of these kicking about-how they ended up in there will never know-can remember as a schoolboy reading Fanny Hill and being completely disappointed

30/01/2013 at 16:26

Getting late now, time for bed.

30/01/2013 at 16:42

Nighty-night Glyn