London (change)
Today 18°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 12°C
12/07/2012 at 14:55

Gosh so much excitement, I need a lie down.

12/07/2012 at 15:00

You go away for a few days and the whole world changes.

Have you ever seen a cornish pixie?

12/07/2012 at 15:31

I went out and thought I had timed it really well as Mr and Mrs PP were leaving just as I arrived at the plot - but the rain caught me out. So not much achieved today, and my plastic coldframe which I had planned to move and reassemble today is still in bits.

The tomato plants I have in my plastic growhouse don't seem to be doing anything at all - they aren't even getting any bigger. Its frustrating.

Kate, I can send you a kayak.

12/07/2012 at 16:30

Has the rat ever been seen again?

I have tomatoes- but so few and the flowers either fall off or just sit there

12/07/2012 at 16:41

I didn't see the rat again today, but no doubt its around somewhere - along with all its brothers and sisters! I read today a single pair of rats can multiply to 200 within a year (but am guessing they'd have to be a girl rat and a boy rat!!!) A bit like the greenfly - born on Sunday and a grandfather by Wednesday!

12/07/2012 at 16:47

To my plants-

"I have done a calculation and am off to France 6 weeks tomorrow-so all you beans,tomatoes and the rest of you you have six weeks to get your act together or Kate will be about and she shows no mercy-you have been warned "

(that should do the trick)

12/07/2012 at 17:14

The torch arrives her on Saturday evening before being put up for the night and leaving early Sunday morning for the airport to go to the Channel Islands

12/07/2012 at 19:24

My Submit Reply button is back

Pam x

12/07/2012 at 19:32

Yay

12/07/2012 at 20:01

Good news Pam.

Still paining here, I would love a kayak and and a strong young man to paddle it

I warned my plants when I left that they better flower soon.

Can I move my Himalayan honeysuckle, I have a shady area that needs a thug.

12/07/2012 at 20:27

Well-I say-what about a strong young woman -what would Germaine Greer think?

You can move anything but this is a bit of a bind and probably the wrong time of year- I would go down the propagation route first

12/07/2012 at 20:34

I do believe that Lottie has a few spare young men loitering under her roof, you know a couple and Jo's daughter sounds way too busy to paddle her way down here, but if you happen to know some................

Sorry I was not very clear, I have a border that needs a couple more tall thugs, just thinking about moving it in the autumn makes me happy.

12/07/2012 at 20:39
kate1123 wrote (see)

kate1123 wrote (see)

Good news Pam.

Still paining here, I would love a kayak and and a strong young man to paddle it

I warned my plants when I left that they better flower soon.

Can I move my Himalayan honeysuckle, I have a shady area that needs a thug.

Please would you warn my plants too,Kate

Pam x 

12/07/2012 at 20:41

Hi all.

Busy day here, lawn did get cut & I did sit out wearing shorts & a suntop! Oh & a smashing sunhat that have got. Hope the stall back at Tatton as would like another, preferably soil coloured!

Fruit picking went well until the handle of the cardboard box, containing my plastic boxes which were full of raspberries, snapped!! One less container of raspberries but still enough for jam. All now in cool box plus several ice packs ready for the jam making session with daughter tomorrow morning. Normally would do it tonight, but she's not back until late so cant. She will pay for any unusable fruit!

Tayberry crumble nearly burnt- OH's Aunt phoning- but I shall still enjoy it.

Another drug session tomorrow as well, so no peace for me.

Right, need to book Tesco for next week. J.

12/07/2012 at 20:52

Pam I have sent them a text  Are you on schedule?

Jo do you make raspberry jelly, I do not like the seeds?

12/07/2012 at 20:58

Thankyou Kate   We are not doing too bad but there are loads of plants that should be in flower that aren't yet

Pam x

12/07/2012 at 21:02

Right Kate your chariot awaits -Freddie Flintoff is on his way-be ready for a bumpy ride

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/SwanPedaloWP.jpg

12/07/2012 at 21:17

Bumpy! It will be so slow, but appropriate

12/07/2012 at 21:31

One tries

Another 9 hours of pain and counting-don't anybody mention 2 dry winters, a months worth of rain, the wettest drought on record, or hosepipe ban ever, ever, again.

I have had enough!!!!

Meanwhile in Spain France and Italy it is too hot

12/07/2012 at 21:47

Tesco sorted & printed off!

Kate I do jam, less faff than jelly & sooo delicious. The smell when cooking is wonderful too- in fact any jam cooking smells good. Wont bother with strawberry as never sets properly, but could mix it with either raspberries or redcurrants. I need to check what I've still got in the cupboard & decide what I do need to do. None made for the last 2yrs as thought we were going to move, so no point in adding to all our stuff with jars of jam! No immediate moving plans now, but who knows?

Well too late to start any ironing now, shall do some tomorrow night instead. Will have full control of remote, yay, no arguments. J.