London (change)
Today 11°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 7°C / 3°C
01/02/2013 at 09:48

Hi Lizzie,

We are coming to the Dordogne in May and was hoping to visit some French gardens when we are there, any suggestions. We will be quite near Sarlat. The gardens we have visited were mainly in the Loire Valley, around the chateaus. I like flowers as well and am very interested in vegetable growing, The French seem to be particularly good at it.

Chris

01/02/2013 at 09:51
Just gone a cropper on slippy deck showing OH my baby hellebore nurtured from seed has a flower
01/02/2013 at 09:54

Oh bunny.

01/02/2013 at 09:55

Chris  

Bunny! I hope there's not too much damage. Gardening is supposed to be good for your health
What colour hellebore?

Have been informed that today is St Brigid's day - start of Celtic Spring. That'll do me, I can't wait until 21st March!

01/02/2013 at 10:00

Lovely photos of Olive , Bunny . What a nice name  Hope you are ok after your slip. The French gardens look great - They have the right idea, No solar lights on sticks !

Becks , no, they're not expensive but we only got them last year so a bit miffed but hey-ho - could have been worse. Some people have lost fence panels and allsorts. Seems Jess is back to her normal self  May have been a 24 hr thing.

My Van Meuwen Spring catalogue has just been delivered.

I am thinking of applying for a bank loan.  Some great plants in it. I want a snail tree but got nowhere to put it.

01/02/2013 at 10:04

I would love to get some outside light for the back garden, but they come under the 'luxury' bracket here! And the 'luxury' account is currently on hold!

01/02/2013 at 10:09

Becks - have you seen the ones in £ land ? Little solar metal lights . My friend got some for her rockery.

01/02/2013 at 10:11
Try pondland. Have some cute little solar lights on sticks. Nice among the flowers.
01/02/2013 at 10:12

Morning all

I'd like to see my avatar as well!!!! will see what I can find shortly.

Lovely dog Bunny, really shiney coat.

When O was going through my medieval garden phase we visited the gardens at Orsan. very lovely - lots of veg. also visited one full of ancient box - name escapes me now.

About half way thru the Van Meuwan catalogue

Hope you don't have to may aches and pains from your slip Bunny. Hellebores must put them on my list for this year

Should be POUNDland!
Try pondland. Have some cute little solar lights on sticks. Nice among the flowers.
01/02/2013 at 10:17

I'll look in pondland and poundland!

01/02/2013 at 10:25
I shall be ok, achey .Hehehe OH helpful as ever ...he laughed and added il end up in an iron lung next (already have sciatica in back which has led to plantar fasciitis in foot , was ok but since slush hiking has flared up)...... And then I go slide/fall . Walking wreck, needs to sort pre digging time

Pilchards is her fave food , keeps her coat in good shine , get em once or twice a week and bowl smashes round the house forever after.

Like the sound of 'pondland' we have some Aldi ones and were great, we need some new and more !!!!

Flo just a standard dark pink/purple hellebore originally split from plant in parents garden when we moved here and needed some plants...infant a lot of my plants have come from there they've been gardening same garden 45years .

Snail tree jean ?
01/02/2013 at 10:26
Infant ? In fact ...grrrr iPad
01/02/2013 at 10:28

Wevw had several roofing chaps round and they are all quoting about the same price. We have to have damp treatment indoors as we have odd walls as we live in an old house built 1885. Actually im feeling that old wuth all the stress and theyve not started work yet. Off to visit my wicked stepmother this morning as its her 70th birthday today, im hoping there is cake. Oh and guess what its raining again.

01/02/2013 at 10:28
Just watching homes under the hammer..... A very full garden , he dragged everything out to make a slab of nothing why !!!????? It could've been sorted.
01/02/2013 at 10:31

Hi-de-hi

You have been busy bees so far-I need a summary

As far as I can see a dog with a poorly tummy and wind has gone arse over tit on a wet deck fallen on some lights and landed up in Poundland in France but is still going to the plant nursery

Have I got that right?

01/02/2013 at 10:34

You can buy seed of Snail Vine from Thompson and Morgan,I think that's where I saw them is that the same thing. Looks interesting.Hope you'r ok after your slip Bunny.

Where's the Great Geoffredo this morning? Has he got buried under all that rubbish in his shed or is he catching up on some reading!!!

01/02/2013 at 10:34
Morning Geoff ... Yes that's about the idea, apart from mauds wicked stepmother and the damp
01/02/2013 at 10:35

Ho-de-ho- Geoffrey can't hear you