London (change)
Today 17°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 10°C
03/02/2013 at 10:50

My friends mum had a bad fall at new year and ended up in hospital for 3 weeks she ended up having a pacemaker fitted. She is now at home with a chest infection. It never ends does it..Will look at my seeds but wont plant any just yet

03/02/2013 at 10:51

No Bjay. It's that speed typing you do!!

03/02/2013 at 11:04

On a pedantic note-please -sow seeds-plant plants

Just one of my bugbears and it is Christmas

Chris don't forget your mates if you are buying stuff

Now to teleport Sasha over here

Girasole wrote (see)

'Morning Forkers, pretty cold here so far but hopefully it will warm up later.

I am very impressed with all of your activities in the garden and various sheds and GHs - welll done all of you. I do every now and then do what you are doing but am still trying to get my newish home sorted by clearing out what we really don't need etc. having moved from a bigger house and doing alterations etc - seems to be taking forever. Never mind....

Enjoy your day whatever you are up to. At the moment my plan is to start on the front bedroom bit by bit - I sometimes time myself so I don't get too carried away and then it is in the lap of the gods!

S. 

03/02/2013 at 11:39

Morning All

Hope all are well n refreshed from exploits yesterday! 

Grey n gloomy here! 

Having a typically lazy "Sunday Morning" reading glossies, drinking copient amounts of coffee! 

Sasha!  What's she like!  

03/02/2013 at 11:47

Morning all. No chance to catch up yet, in the middle of setting marmalade. While t's settling I thought Id say hi and hope I hadn't missed the landmark numbers.

I love copient

03/02/2013 at 11:58

I have the marmalade on ice at the moment Flo-for the landmark celebrations

03/02/2013 at 12:17

If mine doesn't set it will probably make a nice celebration drink - you might want to strain the peel out first though    It set brilliantly last year but I put that down to beginner's luck. Anyway, it's jarred up now though I have a batch of lemon and orange to deal with after lunch.

Right, catch up time.

03/02/2013 at 12:42
Hello Everyone I haven't caught up yet -I hope everyone is well I am cooking a roast beef dinner with all the trimmings - to make up for the rubbish dinners I have been giving Barry for most of the week. I have had a couple of glasses of wine and it seems to have gone straight to my head so please excuse any errors -) All this talk of sowing seeds etc is rubbing off -I will start seed sowing and taking cuttings in the week
Pam LL x
03/02/2013 at 12:46

Been outside this morning, not raining for a change, cut old leaves of the Christmas roses. Being fairly new to growing them I didn't know you were meant to cut them off until I read this forum. Some had black patches on them. Also dug out lots of baby brambles, dandelions and ivy from my woodland bed. Snowdrops coming out there, violets and new aquilegia leaves. There will be lots of Chionodoxa and some crocuses. All the leaves from the cyclamen are looking very pretty.

03/02/2013 at 12:59

Last year i was given advice about hard wood cuttings, took some from a pretty shrub without a name. Put pot in back of GH and forgot about it . looked today and there are plump buds on 3 of the 5 cuttings. Thank you. 

Now do I leave them outside until autumn once weaher has warmed up or plant them now??

03/02/2013 at 13:38

Rather depends what the root system is like Bjay-might be best to pot them up and grow them on first

03/02/2013 at 14:28

Is this the right thread peeps? I hesitate to write any more just in case it isn't!

S.

03/02/2013 at 14:28

Yes Sasha! You are home!

03/02/2013 at 14:29

Becks -get the key and lock her in

03/02/2013 at 14:31

Phew.....at last. Now I cannot think of much to say as I walked to B&Q and Homebase and home again this morning - two and a half hours in all plus some plants and seeds on the return journey of course .

S.

PS Grey, getting dark and still very windy .......grrr

03/02/2013 at 14:34

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/18155.jpg?width=177&height=284&mode=max

Done! Borrowed extra precautions off Jean as well.

03/02/2013 at 14:38

and I thought you were my friends 

S.

03/02/2013 at 14:38

Welcome back Sasha. It was amusing trying to find you

Just popped some seeds in - really think I will have to get a bigger propagator for next year.

A kind friend of ours (Forkers) gave me some Amaranthus seeds. As they seem to grow very tall have started them off - a novelty plant for me- tiny seeds. Any way has any one grown them or know what I'm talking about? Common name seems tobe  'Fat Spike'

Also checked my begonia corms and all seem healthy, a couple with tiny buds.

03/02/2013 at 14:40

Sasha, Sasha, Sasha! Oh Dear. You've missed the point entirely!!

We're locking you in so we don't lose you again!! Not kicking you out and locking you OUT!! get it now??

We want to keep you here!

03/02/2013 at 14:52

I think we are going to need some playground assistants to stop her wandering.